2023 NYCFC Kit Thread

I like the snake in place of the usual crest. Interesting touch.

FpBSnOvX0AEoZSn
Anyone else as totally @#$%^ing bothered that the sign says LA UNCH as I am? Uh, asking for a friend or something.

For those who ordered, what is it saying is the expected ship date? Last season I ordered minute one and got them the same day as I could have just purchased at the home opener without the weeks of being annoyed at Fanatics.

For those who ordered, what is it saying is the expected ship date? Last season I ordered minute one and got them the same day as I could have just purchased at the home opener without the weeks of being annoyed at Fanatics.
I ordered mine from Adidas, and it is telling me it is arriving on the 22nd of February. I walked in the Adidas store on 5th avenue as well as the Pele store and neither had them when I went there.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
I know MLS doesn't care, but putting the league behind the paywall and increasing the authentic kits by a significant amount is a little crazy. The custom 2020 Authentic kit is $149, (which is the same price I paid for the 2017 McNamara kit); the custom 2022 authentic kit is $164.99, and the custom 2023 authentic kit is $194.99

The difference between custom vs blank kits
2023 - $40
2022 - $25

Did I miss something in the news and there is a shortage of jersey numbers and letters to justify that increase or is the Adidas renewal contract talks already going so badly Adidas is going for a money grab. I really want to blame the monoply of Fantaics, but alas. Taylor Swift fans take down Ticketmaster and MLS fans take down Michael Rubin and Fantatics. (doubtful on both fronts)

Reactions: adam
Is that a new number for him? Did our previous 11 leave? I’m not always on top of the numbers stuff.
Yes, it’s his new number - he was 38 last year. It showed up on the shop for customizing and also in some pics of the friendly. Taty left it available.

I know MLS doesn't care, but putting the league behind the paywall and increasing the authentic kits by a significant amount is a little crazy. The custom 2020 Authentic kit is $149, (which is the same price I paid for the 2017 McNamara kit); the custom 2022 authentic kit is $164.99, and the custom 2023 authentic kit is $194.99

The difference between custom vs blank kits
2023 - $40
2022 - $25

Did I miss something in the news and there is a shortage of jersey numbers and letters to justify that increase or is the Adidas renewal contract talks already going so badly Adidas is going for a money grab. I really want to blame the monoply of Fantaics, but alas. Taylor Swift fans take down Ticketmaster and MLS fans take down Michael Rubin and Fantatics. (doubtful on both fronts)

I sort of said it jokingly before, but i really do feel like this has to do with apple branding... but maybe adidas wants a bigger cut because they put in more work this year in making actual somewhat distinct jerseys instead of recoloring old templates?

Reactions: 413Blue
I wanted to buy a primary jersey with the star on it, and was planning on buying one. But $200 is too much for what amounts to a fancy t-shirt. Maybe I'll change my mind at some point, but I can't justify that expenditure.

It's funny that if you asked me how long ago it changed I would have guessed 10 years. 1997.
And just when I wasn’t feeling that old, there you go and bring me back to the reality my daughter reminds me of on a daily basis. (And it also means I’ve been stubbornly still referring to it as the interboro for 26 years. I’m pretty persistent.)

Reactions: Joe_Cos