2023 Schedule Thread

Leagues cup vs atlas at citi field and Second leagues cup vs toronto game at RBA.

EDIT: any games after this ( should they qualify) will be plated at RBA. and they snuck in the news that the last TBD games in MLS schedule will be at RBA.

EDIT 2: Based on the bracket. Would be wild if NYCFC "hosts" RB at RBA in the following round lol.

Last edited:
Leagues cup vs atlas at citi field and Second leagues cup vs toronto game at RBA.

EDIT: any games after this ( should they qualify) will be plated at RBA. and they snuck in the news that the last TBD games in MLS schedule will be at RBA.
can't wait! Now that I live in manhattan, i think RBA will be... a little bit easier to get to lol.

NYCFC is 4-0-0 on July 26 all time, including 3 regular season games and an MLS Is Back tourney win over Toronto in 2020. I believe that is the most wins and best record of any date on the calendar. It might even be the most they have played on any single date. Just don't ask me what the club record is on any other date because I don't care, but it's 4-0-0 on July 26.

damn. Sucks. from UES it's probably going to be just as bad. Guess i ain't going to toronto game.
I've done the RBA trip from East Harlem a bunch of times and It's never been terrible. Taken a little over an hour. Been pretty lucky coming home as well. Would I rather it be the 20 minutes to YS? Hell yeah, but if you want to catch the game and support the team I don't think it's so bad if you don't need to be up early the next morning.

I've done the RBA trip from East Harlem a bunch of times and It's never been terrible. Taken a little over an hour. Been pretty lucky coming home as well. Would I rather it be the 20 minutes to YS? Hell yeah, but if you want to catch the game and support the team I don't think it's so bad if you don't need to be up early the next morning.

being lucky getting home from a late game is very true. the PATH can be unpredictable at night. But yea as others have said, it's not terrible. just not as easy as you may think. easier than driving from LI though.

NYCFC is 4-0-0 on July 26 all time, including 3 regular season games and an MLS Is Back tourney win over Toronto in 2020. I believe that is the most wins and best record of any date on the calendar. It might even be the most they have played on any single date. Just don't ask me what the club record is on any other date because I don't care, but it's 4-0-0 on July 26.
I don't need to ask, but I could easily drop a line like "We're going to win because we always win on August 9th" into a thread and we all know you won't be able to resist the fact bomb!

I’m so damn close. June 29th (My birthday). We are 3-1-0. The only tie is the 4-4 draw with Cincy last year. Two years ago it was the game against DC at RBA with the full field run for the Thiagoal. Before that we beat Philly 4-2 in 2019 (great game with a brace for Taty). And then in in 2017 it was our first look at Johanson in goal and he didn’t play well but we still beat that the loons 3-1.

Bonus: June 28th 2015 was the first Hudson River Derby. And also the first soccer game I’d ever been to. We took an early lead from a TMac goal but let the lead slip. I think Sasha and Dax scored for them.

I don't need to ask, but I could easily drop a line like "We're going to win because we always win on August 9th" into a thread and we all know you won't be able to resist the fact bomb!
Better yet, the refs always do us wrong on September 3rd. I swear they are being paid off by the league to keep us out of home field matches in the playoffs.

Of course we've already played our home game against Inter Miami. Imagine that crowd now....
If it happens, at least we'll get Messi next year. In 2018 we played the Galaxy at home in Game 2 and Zlatan showed up 2 weeks later. Then we played the Galaxy Away in 2019.
Which invites speculation: now that there are limited East-West games every year, will the league manipulate Miami's schedule to hit the big western teams or venues like LAFC, Portland, Seattle.

I do want to see Messi play against us and maybe miss a penalty kick or something and then complain about baseball stadium sightlines.

If it happens, at least we'll get Messi next year. In 2018 we played the Galaxy at home in Game 2 and Zlatan showed up 2 weeks later. Then we played the Galaxy Away in 2019.
Which invites speculation: now that there are limited East-West games every year, will the league manipulate Miami's schedule to hit the big western teams or venues like LAFC, Portland, Seattle.

I do want to see Messi play against us and maybe miss a penalty kick or something and then complain about baseball stadium sightlines.

wouldn't be the first time messi has complained about field conditions... but fuck it, it's messi! to watch him play would be awesome.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta

They're gonna hit all the biggest stadiums in the country, no doubt. Which means yankee stadium will be probably filled to the max like 30k. I doubt they open more, but i have no doubt they would fill it out completely if they did all decks.

Reactions: Kjbert