American Dps For Nycfc

He is good. He's 23 and I believe he has played in European competition.
Norway is not a top European league. I meant England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France ... even Scotland, Ukraine or Russian. Not that it means he's not good. Plenty of decent players exist outside of the top European leagues but most are sucked into those leagues if they are good enough.

Never heard of him till today do interesting discovery for me :)

Norway is not a top European league. I meant England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France ... even Scotland, Ukraine or Russian. Not that it means he's not good. Plenty of decent players exist outside of the top European leagues but most are sucked into those leagues if they are good enough.

He´s born in Norway..

He does play for Rosenborg though, who are regulars in the Europa League and Champions League. From what I've seen he does seem to be quite good, and could be a good US player to get, as he would provide a lot of marketing in the US.
If you look at it, signing someone like Villa will send shock waves throughout Europe etc and the football avid in the US. However signing Diskerud could also get the attention of maybe someone in the US who only watches the national team, providing more exposure.

To give you an example....the average American has no clue who Villa is. IF Mix scores a goal in the World Cup, more Americans will know his name then Villa's name. That goes for guys like Brad Davis, Fabian Johnson, etc.

Mix is in the stage of his career now where guys get poached to go play in the top European Leagues.

Thanks for the clarification (and I agree about Diskerud).

I am an analyst by profession and from my perspective the allocation systems seems dubious. Is this just a common perspective arising from ignorance or do other, more seasoned, MLS supporters see this way?
There are two main reasons for the allocation system: parity and cost control.

The allocation order for returning US internationals is like the draft - teams that did the worst the year before get the highest picks (except when there are expansion franchises). This allows bad teams to get first crack at top American players coming to MLS - or at the very least have a valuable trading chip.

The order also ensures that MLS teams aren't bidding against each other for the same players and driving prices up. MLS likes to present a united front in negotiations.

So I think there are legitimate reasons for the order. MLS has decided that one of the chief draws of the league is that every team, if run well, knows they can quickly turn things around and be contenders.

However, I am someone who is skeptical of the order, as well as other parity based measures. MLS doesn't get respect because people don't think it has enough quality. But if teams could spend freer, then I'm sure at least Seattle, LA, Toronto and both New York teams would do so.

We wouldn't become the Scottish Premier League with only two top teams. But I think we would see a rise in interest in the league, because star filled teams would draw attention. And that would help TV contracts, which then would help all teams.

So, long answer to your short question. But yes, there is skepticism about the allocation order amongst MLS fans. But at least the league is starting to be flexible in applying the rule, putting the good of the league first (like with Bradley and Dempsey). The league just doesn't want to overpay on marginal guys like Goodson and Parkhurst.

Reactions: SebastianBlue
How old are players when they get drafted is it after high school or college and how good is the school system for soccer players.

How old are players when they get drafted is it after high school or college and how good is the school system for soccer players.
College. Now there's all sorts of caveats to that.

School system for soccer players isn't great right now. The reason being is there are so few coaches with actual high level experience because MLS has only been around for 19 years. As the league goes on, players will, in theory, retire from the league and go into coaching at schools with experience to draw from and pass down and the school system can rise up like our other sports.

There are some that want some sort of academies only system. I think that's dumb. With schools and universities, it casts a wider net to find the best talent in our large country. You look at a guy like Caleb Porter and the small university of Akron, Ohio and he cranked out a ton of well known MLS stars just from his university. Steve Zakuani(Portland), Teal Bunbury(Kansas City), Darlington Nagbe(Portland), Perry Kitchen (DC United), Kofi Sarkodi (Houston), Darren Mattocks (Vancouver), Chris Korb (DC United), Wil Trapp (Columbus), and DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle) in just the last 5 years.

Reactions: SACKO CITY
It's worth mentioning as well that MLS runs the Generation Adidas scheme, which gives the very best young players the ability to skip the college system and go straight into the draft, thus starting them as professionals far earlier.

The problems that I see with college isn't just coaching.

1. The NCAA limits practice time.
We need our top athletes practicing a lot more.
2. The quality of play isn't high enough. Teams are allowed only 9.9 scholarships, so even if you play in power conferences, you're sharing the field with some weak players.
3. The season is too short. College players tend to play in the PDL over the summer and have spring practices, but it still isn't ideal for development.
4. The NCAA allows free subbing. This disrupts players from learning how to pace themselves over 90 minutes.

That being said, I don't expect the draft and college players to go away any time soon. There will always be some players that fall through the cracks or develop late, and college provides a platform for these players to impress.

Also, the quality of play in the NCAA I bet will rise. Development academies churn out lots of players that don't go pro, or even if they do, some go to college first.

So yeah, it really isn't academies vs. college players. It's often both. College isn't ideal for development, but it can be better than just sitting on the bench like many MLS homegrown teenagers do. (Though the USL Pro partnership with MLS is helping to get young players more playing time)

Reactions: SACKO CITY
I presume NYCFC will be setting up there own acadamies or is this not possible in the present system. In Europe most professional clubs start there academies with kids from the age of 7 years old. I think this will be the way to go for the MLS. Like NYCFCFan10 said the College system could be the safety net for players that have been missed.

more realistically the following young players can be loaned in,

1) Alejandro Guido
2) Ben Spencer
3) Sebastian Lletget
4) Will Packwood
5) Duane holmes

It's possible Bayern could loan Greene to NYC. Maybe.
Is there some sort of "young" DP slot? It seems it would be more likely for them to sell with buy back/sell-on clause, right? Don't german teams like that, or is that more just an Italian and Dutch thing? I think both of those leagues use it a good bit. The Italians do all sorts of weird shit like co-ownership.

Fuck Yeah!
bud_spencer_03_97556.jpg

Is there some sort of "young" DP slot? It seems it would be more likely for them to sell with buy back/sell-on clause, right? Don't german teams like that, or is that more just an Italian and Dutch thing? I think both of those leagues use it a good bit. The Italians do all sorts of weird shit like co-ownership.
There is a Young DP rule, but you can't have more than 3 DPs total, young or old (or sorta young, see here). The only thing different is that Young DPs cost less against the Cap. So paying someone like say, I don't know, Marco Lopes, DP money would cost less ($150k) against the cap than David Villa does now ($387k). Smart way to spend money.