Away - 10/16 Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
RJ and Hernandez are out. Pending the status of Iraola and Facey, our best back line would be:

Wingert--Facey--Mena--Angelino

That leaves Iraola on the bench, only one defender. Looks like Jeb, Lord Kwame, or Brandt will be in the 18.

RJ and Hernandez are out. Pending the status of Iraola and Facey, our best back line would be:

That leaves Iraola on the bench, only one defender. Looks like Jeb, Lord Kwame, or Brandt will be in the 18.

Wow that's rough. From the options I'd take Jeb. I guess you either take Jeb and if a CB goes down Wingert shifts inside or you go Kwame and if a fb goes down you shift Facey outside. I don't like any of those scenarios.

Surely it would be:

Angelino--Mena--Facey--Iraola

I would go with Wingert instead of Mena (bombscare), but I can see him being on the bench as back up for LB and CB. Kwame should be nowhere near the team, so Brovsky on the bench too.

Wingert and Angelino are both left backs (at least Angelino pretends to be while playing left winger). Brovsky can play either left or right, but prefers left. So if Mena and Facey start, I'd imagine we'll see Brovsky and Angelino. I think I'd prefer Wingert and Mena in the middle (not happy with that either) and then Angelino and Facey out wide as fullbacks.

Surely it would be:

Angelino--Mena--Facey--Iraola

I would go with Wingert instead of Mena (bombscare), but I can see him being on the bench as back up for LB and CB. Kwame should be nowhere near the team, so Brovsky on the bench too.

Wingert has started over Angelino the last few games so I wouldn't be so sure.

(at least Angelino pretends to be while playing left winger).

This couldn't be more true. The kid is tremendously talented and fun to watch on offense but as soon as he checks in a goal against us seem inevitable at this point. Wingert's not my favorite but if Iraola is healthy and starts at RB I'd rather see Wingert on the left staying home to help cover when Iraola joins the attack.

To back up my statement on Angelino look at some of the recent games

10/2 DC united
61' Angelino on Score 1-0 NYCFC
73' Goal DC
92' Goal DC

9/19 SJ
57' Anglino on Score 1-0 NYCFC
72' Goal SJ
76' Goal SJ - PK called on Angelino after Amarikwa owned him one on one

9/16 Toronto
Angelino DNP and we shut them out

The kid has a bright future but he's not strong enough right now to hold down that left side or smart enough to know when to attack and when to get back. His only redemption is that his crosses are excellent and he often creates enough goals on the attack to overcome the ones he plays a part in giving up on defense.

Anyone know of a place in the East Village that will be showing the game? Not Nevada Smiths (if that place is even open at the moment).

Phebe's is listed as a "Pub Partner" but I'm skeptical that actually means anything.

I have to be in the area for dinner after the game so just planning to watch there. It's MLS so I'm not confident the game will be on in just any bar. Especially with Cubs-Cardinals starting at 6:45 and the Rangers on at 7:00.

I have to be in the area for dinner after the game so just planning to watch there. It's MLS so I'm not confident the game will be on in just any bar. Especially with Cubs-Cardinals starting at 6:45 and the Rangers on at 7:00.

The Rangers play tonight at 7PM but do not have a game on the 16th. NYCFC's next game is next Friday night so you should be in the clear.

It will be interesting to see if the team play with more freedom now that it is unlikely to be in the play offs, except for a miracle.

With that in mind I think Kries should be looking to select a team with next season in mind.

By that I mean no Grabavoy or Jacobsen. Unlikely I know, but that is what I would do.

I guess the defence will depend on who is availbale. With Allen and Hernandez and doubts about Iraola, it looks like it will be a weak defence/

For midfield, it should be Mix and Poku behind Lampard. Even if Pirlo is back, I would start him as a sub.

Up front I would go for Shelton and Angelino either side of Villa

We really need to have some pace up front that can take the pressure off the defence

Reactions: Jock and JayH
I didn't know where else to post this, so I figured this thread is just as good as any other.

Italy defeated Azerbaijan this afternoon 3-1, thus booking themselves a ticket to the Euro Finals in France next summer. Pirlo didn't play and as a matter of fact, didn't even get a seat on the bench.

They have one more match to play on the 13th vs Norway, but I wonder with everything already wrapped up if there's a chance he'll leave earlier to join us in Orlando? Since they're already in the finals, does it make a difference who wins the Group? Will it effect the seedings at all?

As for next summer? I'll guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it as to whether or not we're going to lose him for any amount of time.

I didn't know where else to post this, so I figured this thread is just as good as any other.

Italy defeated Azerbaijan this afternoon 3-1, thus booking themselves a ticket to the Euro Finals in France next summer. Pirlo didn't play and as a matter of fact, didn't even get a seat on the bench.

They have one more match to play on the 13th vs Norway, but I wonder with everything already wrapped up if there's a chance he'll leave earlier to join us in Orlando? Since they're already in the finals, does it make a difference who wins the Group? Will it effect the seedings at all?

As for next summer? I'll guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it as to whether or not we're going to lose him for any amount of time.
As for Orlando, he didn't play because he has a slight abductor strain so that could be an issue. Hopefully not.

Reactions: Gene
This should be one of Kreis's most interesting lineup:
- No RJ or Hernandez due to yellow card accumulation.
- Mix is with the USMNT vs. Costa Rica on Tuesday, so the latest he would arrive to NYCFC camp would be Wednesday. NYCFC plays Orlando on a Friday.
- Poku is with Ghana vs. Canada on Tuesday, similar situation to Mix.
- Pirlo was injured training with Italy. Don't think he'll be in the 18 for Friday even if he's in the US.
- UPDATE: According to SayWhat44 SayWhat44 Iraola doesn't look to be suited up for the match.
- UPDATE: TMac was in the 18 versus DC, for the first time in a long time. Considering a short lineup, he should be in the 18 at least, maybe not starting though.
- There is nothing left to play for other than the pride of the City.

So will the lineup look like?

--Angelino--Facey--Mena--Wingert--
-----------------Jacobson----------------
------------Ned-----------Ballouchy----
-------------------Lampard--------------
--------------Villa-----Mullins----------

The lineup I want to see (Call it a 3-5-2, I want goals):
------------Mena--Facey--Wingert---------
-------------Jacobson--Pirlo----------------
----Angelino---Lampard----Mix-----------
--------------Poku-------Villa---------------

Last edited:
Reactions: SayWhat44
- Mix is with the USMNT vs. Costa Rica on Tuesday, so the latest he would arrive to NYCFC camp would be Wednesday. NYCFC plays Orlando on a Friday.
- Pirlo was injured training with Italy. Don't think he'll be in the 18 for Friday even if he's in the US.

--Angelino--Facey--Mena--Iraola--
-----------------Jacobson-------------
------------Ned-----------TMac------
-------------------Lampard-----------
--------------Villa-----Mullins--------
Kreis didn't seem optimistic about Iraola playing this week either. So we might be even more short handed.

--Angelino--Facey--Mena--Iraola--
-----------------Jacobson-------------
------------Ned-----------TMac------
-------------------Lampard-----------
--------------Villa-----Mullins--------
Plus TMac seems to be in trouble of some sort with Kreis so who knows if he even dresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.