Away - 10/16 Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Poku, Mix and Pirlo all possible to miss this, TMac has to play.

The US/Costa Rica friendly is at RBNJ Arena, and Ghana/Canada is in DC, so (although I am not sure where they are practicing) neither Mix nor Poku are traveling very far. I haven't seen anything on Pirlo since that initial ESPN report about the hamstring injury but Conte said he hoped Pirlo would be back for the Norway qualifier on 10/13 (same date as the two friendlies). Not sure I would rule all three out

Reactions: Paul
The US/Costa Rica friendly is at RBNJ Arena, and Ghana/Canada is in DC, so (although I am not sure where they are practicing) neither Mix nor Poku are traveling very far. I haven't seen anything on Pirlo since that initial ESPN report about the hamstring injury but Conte said he hoped Pirlo would be back for the Norway qualifier on 10/13 (same date as the two friendlies). Not sure I would rule all three out

Kreis though.

They took a nasty nasty collision in the 11th minute of that game. Have you ever seen two teammates accidently injure each other so bad in the beginning of a game?
No definitely not it was nasty.

No YES?

TV Schedule for [Friday] 10/16/2015
3:00 PM
The Michael Kay Show Live simulcast
7:00 PM The Hook-Up With Brandon Steiner Sports memorabilia show
7:30 PM Yankees Magazine The official weekly magazine show of the New York Yankees
8:00 PM College Soccer: Pittsburgh @ Virginia No description available at this time
10:00 PM College Soccer: Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech No description available at this time

Leapfrogging Orlando and giving them a better draft pick is the dumbest thing ever.
I really hope our team wins the game on Friday. I like rooting for our team to win.

On a related note, if we really want our team to have a better draft spot, should none of us show up to the last game of the season? Or should we show up but be quiet the whole time? The players have all mentioned how they feed off our energy and it helps them through the game, so if we want a better draft pick, maybe we should all be quiet during the game :rolleyes:

Reactions: 21Architect
Soup, don't you realize the ENORMOUS difference one click down in the draft could be???

We should tank in Orlando because trying to win the match would be the dumbest thing EVER.

I really hope our team wins the game on Friday. I like rooting for our team to win.

On a related note, if we really want our team to have a better draft spot, should none of us show up to the last game of the season? Or should we show up but be quiet the whole time? The players have all mentioned how they feed off our energy and it helps them through the game, so if we want a better draft pick, maybe we should all be quiet during the game :rolleyes:

Don't go all "ultra" on us. We're in a situation where the sword has two very sharp edges. We win this game and we have a chance at finishing higher than OCSC in our expansion season. That's a great way to finish IF we had done so several points ahead of them. Even if we beat them, we'd still have to win our last game as well and they'd have to lose theirs in order for us to pass them. They are 4 points ahead. So chasing that is a very stupid kind of prideful. We finish above them by slim chance but they get a high draft pick.

I hate to lose and I've said before that we should always play to win. Now, I look at the standings and say, what is the better play here? Ultimately, it will come down to the club and what they want to do but I think it's a bit foolish to finish above Orlando just to say we did. That's such a small token in the long term. It's literally, "We were the better losers in this first season."

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Don't go all "ultra" on us. We're in a situation where the sword has two very sharp edges. We win this game and we have a chance at finishing higher than OCSC in our expansion season. That's a great way to finish IF we had done so several points ahead of them. Even if we beat them, we'd still have to win our last game as well and they'd have to lose theirs in order for us to pass them. They are 4 points ahead. So chasing that is a very stupid kind of prideful. We finish above them by slim chance but they get a high draft pick.

I hate to lose and I've said before that we should always play to win. Now, I look at the standings and say, what is the better play here? Ultimately, it will come down to the club and what they want to do but I think it's a bit foolish to finish above Orlando just to say we did. That's such a small token in the long term. It's literally, "We were the better losers in this first season."
Please don't group me in with those referring to themselves as "ultras", I definitely don't wanna be in that group, lol.

And I know I really went to one end of the extreme, but my point still stands. I completely understand that picking higher in the draft is more beneficial. I get it, finishing higher at this point, doesn't get us postseason, doesn't get us anything extra, but hell, I cannot root for any team of mine to lose. (This includes the USMNT beating Panama and allowing our hated rivals Mexico into the World Cup. I would have LOVED Mexico to be eliminated, but for us to lose in a meaningless game to make it happen? No way)

If we lose to Orlando, I will be able to look at it from a standpoint of "Well hey, at least we get a better draft pick". But I will be watching Friday night with the hopes that Poku!!! scores 7 on Mickey Mouse.

Beat Orlando, Beat NE. That's the way every professional from Senior Management, down to the Players are aiming for regardless of the draft situation which can have numerous outcomes. Sure, some fans would hope for a loss, or even throw the game for this higher pick scenario.

It's a nice strategic "fantasy".

Reactions: brookln231 and Gene
Less than zero percent chance that any player plays to lose against Orlando, or that Kreis plays what he believes is an inferior lineup destined to lose (which probably would include Poku ). I think there is a lot of value in finishing the season the way they have pre-elimination and hopefully as they will in the final two games. We are not talking about one game deciding whether or not we get a Michael Jordan or Connor McDavid here. I hope they go all out in the last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.