Away - 10/16 Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people suggesting that we should care about our position in the super draft are way over valuing the super draft. This isn't the NBA draft, these aren't exactly club transformational players we are picking from. Who cares if we are a couple of picks lower.

anyone know if Pirlo flew back to NYC (or Orlando) last night or this morning?

Asking for a friend.......

I seem to be the cause if some ire. I'm not suggesting that we throw the game, or not play hard. Only that a losses at this time of the year are better for us than wins. The super draft is not the most important thing in the world, but who here wouldn't want Cyle Larin over Shelton right now?

Not going to mention that we still could have had cristian roldan at 2.

I seem to be the cause if some ire. I'm not suggesting that we throw the game, or not play hard. Only that a losses at this time of the year are better for us than wins. The super draft is not the most important thing in the world, but who here wouldn't want Cyle Larin over Shelton right now?

Not going to mention that we still could have had cristian roldan at 2.

Or that we gave away Larin to be first in the allocation order which we didn't end up needing when they singed Shea before we signed Mix. That said Larin is a lot better than the typical super draft #1 pick. The Roland example points out how meaningless the order is anyways, we could get a great pick and go for the wrong guy anyway.

Reactions: JayH
Reactions: Acupofbeans
Kreis said today Pirlo and Facey are questionable for tomorrows game.

Okay. So, we are without Allen and Hernandez, and probably without Facey and Pirlo. Where does that leave us for a lineup?

How about...

NYCFC-formation-tactics.png

Of course, I expect to see Ned playing where I have McNamara. I could be convinced to put Mix back as DM and instead use someone young like Poku or Shelton on the wing with AJ hitting the bench. I could also be convinced to use Poku or Shelton up top instead of Mullins, but Patrick has played well, represents the future and deserves a start.

The bigger question involves backups in the back 4. Unless Facey can give a shift, we are back to Brovsky and Watson-Siraboe.

Reactions: Acupofbeans
The best part of that photo is that Verratti looks like he's thinking: "Please dont talk to me, please dont talk to me.."
What a great photo. The expressions are remarkable.
There's a few at the top end of the table with the same fear.
Andrea doesn't look that happy either.:)

Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to watch?

I pulled the following helpful information from the Hudson River Blue site, but I can't find the game on any of these stations in my programming guide.

The game will be the final Viernes de Fútbolthis season. That's right: we're on UniMás! 7 p.m. sharp, folks. Click here to find out how to watch UniMás in English. Streaming is available here (deportesenvivo.univision.com). Don't know if you've got UniMás? Here are the channel listings for cable providers in the NYC area:​

• Cablevision/Optimum: 229 or 1065 or 775
    • Charter: 273 or 870
    • Time Warner Cable: 444 or 959
    • Verizon FIOS: 1524 or 1539
It's also available over-the-air on WFUT 68.​

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2015/10/16/9549093/new-york-city-vs-orlando-preview-how-to-watch

I pulled the following helpful information from the Hudson River Blue site, but I can't find the game on any of these stations in my programming guide.

The game will be the final Viernes de Fútbolthis season. That's right: we're on UniMás! 7 p.m. sharp, folks. Click here to find out how to watch UniMás in English. Streaming is available here (deportesenvivo.univision.com). Don't know if you've got UniMás? Here are the channel listings for cable providers in the NYC area:​

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2015/10/16/9549093/new-york-city-vs-orlando-preview-how-to-watch
Interesting. UniMas is channel 17 on Optimum, and I've watched NYCFC/Viernes de Futbol on that channel in recent weeks. They're showing an unspecified movie from 7:30 - 10.

229 and 1065 are Univision Deportes, showing a first division Mexican league game at 8 pm. (Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz v Santos Laguna, for the curious). I don't know my Spanish networks well enough to know if UniMas and Univision are the same company, but I'd guess o.

775 is not a listed channel. Optimum renumbered a bunch of channels over the summer and this might be an old one.

I had assumed I would turn on channel 17 this evening and find the game, but now I'm worried.

(All programming from optimum's online guide)

it should be in Unimas. Problem is that Univision as a whole ( including unimas) sucks at announcing their schedules before hand. many times they announce it like 5 mins before in a tweet or something. half the time their twitter is filled with questions where the game is.

Weird. I'm on Time Warner Cable in Queens and they have Unimas on 68, 804, and 1226 (444 and 959 are Univision). None of those channels show the match in the listings though. If it's not being shown here on Unimas I wonder if it'll still be blacked out on MLS Live. Not sure if MLS Live is "smart" enough with the blackouts though as it's way easier to just shut down a whole region rather than checking to see if individual systems are showing the matches. Might have to stream this one if it's not on TV.

Hope we get to see this one live.

Reactions: joe
Without Kaka and Shea, we should comfortably win this game except for that meddling Canadian kid, Cyle Larin.

On Optimum for the last Unimas game I was able to switch to English commentary by selecting "French" in the language options. Makes sense right? It's almost as bad as Spanish though, the one guy says "WITH LOTS OF CLASS!" like every 5 touches, and of course the obligatory drawn-out "goooal" that makes me want to fork my eyeballs out.

Can we petition the powers that be to end this Unimas nightmare next season? At least un-block MLS live...

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Status
Not open for further replies.