Bless Their Hearts (RBNJ Talk Here)

In the last week RBNJ has:
-scored four goals (including an awful keeper howler) away vs Austin and won
-gave up five goals and get blown out by Orlando in USOC
-blow a 3-1 lead and give up five goals and lose, even after converting 2 PKa at home.

yikes.

Reactions: JCMore and Shwafta
In the last week RBNJ has:
-scored four goals (including an awful keeper howler) away vs Austin and won
-gave up five goals and get blown out by Orlando in USOC
-blow a 3-1 lead and give up five goals and lose, even after converting 2 PKa at home.

yikes.
And they continue with their bizarre reverse H/A split. They have 7 Away wins and just 3 at Home. It's not natural.

That game had EVERYTHING.
  • Two penalty goals
  • Simultaneous pitch invader/penalty call
  • DOGSO red card reversed by VAR
  • Goal reversed by VAR
  • Stoppage time goals in each half
  • Stoppage time equalizer waived off
  • Screaming babies in Mozart wigs
  • A shaved lion that looks like Mario Batali
giphy.gif

• Two penalty goals
  • Goal reversed by VAR
giphy.gif
You forgot the best part…

Located next to an abandoned warehouse going through gentrification near Newark Airport, this stadium asks the question, “Why aren’t there any cups?”

• Two penalty goals
  • Goal reversed by VAR
giphy.gif

On the goal waved off at the end, I hope that one Colorado defender realizes how lucky he is because he was drifting aimlessly forward and ended up about 1/10 of a second from playing Barlow onsides.

There was a great reddit comment with a mock complaint about PRO because even though all the elements of offside were present, neutrals wanted a Tuesday night 10 goal 5-5 goal-at-the-death result and the officials took that away.

Last edited:
Yesterday's game was the most entertaining game of the year so far. That was absolutely wild and had just about everything a neutral-ish fan could ask for.

Reactions: canchon
Yesterday's game was the most entertaining game of the year so far. That was absolutely wild and had just about everything a neutral-ish fan could ask for.
Neutral sure. But how about our 5-4 Toronto win or 4-4 Cincinnati tie?

Neutral sure. But how about our 5-4 Toronto win or 4-4 Cincinnati tie?

Both great games, but the late PK to come within 1 and a goal tying it up only to be called off at the death is a rarity -- even rarer in a game where a team has had two 2 goal leads!

Reactions: mgarbowski
And they continue with their bizarre reverse H/A split. They have 7 Away wins and just 3 at Home. It's not natural.

RBNJ sets up to destroy, not to create. Could be a reason why they win more on the road - home team usually controls more play and is more proactive to win. RBNJ wants you to try to have the ball and attack so they can press and destroy.

Dru Yearwood kicks the ball into the stands in frustration and hits a fan. He then tries to go into the stands to apologize to the fan, but the fans aren't having his shit and send him away. He returns to the field and gets sent off.

Didn't something like this happen a few years ago with another of their players? twice? I know once with luke rodgers, but i remember one oftheir DP's did this a few years ago too right?

Dru Yearwood kicks the ball into the stands in frustration and hits a fan. He then tries to go into the stands to apologize to the fan, but the fans aren't having his shit and send him away. He returns to the field and gets sent off.

Didn't something like this happen a few years ago with another of their players? twice? I know once with luke rodgers, but i remember one oftheir DP's did this a few years ago too right?
I don't remember myself. There's a reddit thread on this that also discusses previous incidents. It lists Rodgers but I think he's the only RB player mentioned. Someone even says it's weird that it has happened 2x with RB players.
I feel bad for Yearwood in that clip. He is instantly regretful and tried to apologize. Pretty much everyone at reddit agrees. All of these things can be and IMO are true:
  • it was a terrible thing to do
  • he appeared instantly sorrowful and then tried to do the right thing
  • the family (families?) had every right to refuse, especially in the moment
  • very bad luck that the ball seems to have hit 2 kids, both for him and for the kids
  • he deserves both a red card and suspension
He should issue a public written apology and reach out privately through his agent and the club to the families and offer to meet and apologize in person. Then the families can do what they want without pressure and after reflection.

Last edited:

I remember something similar to this as well but don’t know the players name. I’ll have to look it up.
You can hear the fans chanting asshole in the background.

Reactions: Shwafta
I'd say that we should shithouse the Red Balls and offer those two families box seats for a few games, but the family in the back could not look more Jersey than they already do.

I remember a lot of media outrage when Kaku only received an extra 2 games suspension for this. Both Kaku and Yearwood sent out public apologies, but there is a big difference in how they responded in the moment. Yearwood was immediately remorseful and apologetic. Kaku walked off the field smirking - clearly couldn't have cared less about the welfare of the fan he hit (who has apparently had substantial difficulties). It's night and day.

I remember a lot of media outrage when Kaku only received an extra 2 games suspension for this. Both Kaku and Yearwood sent out public apologies, but there is a big difference in how they responded in the moment. Yearwood was immediately remorseful and apologetic. Kaku walked off the field smirking - clearly couldn't have cared less about the welfare of the fan he hit (who has apparently had substantial difficulties). It's night and day.
Oh, yeah, I think the Yearwood one looks a lot better in the moment... Still funny that it happens thrice with one team