Concacaf Champions League

Thats a really good get for Montreal, Nicht is one of the top keepers in the NASL. I wonder if he'll start over their current back-up?
They have no backup that can play this game, hence the emergency acquisition. Their backup could not play for them in ccl because he had already played for skc earlier in the tournament

They have no backup that can play this game, hence the emergency acquisition. Their backup could not play for them in ccl because he had already played for skc earlier in the tournament

Correct, but they have two other keepers that they carry. One is a kid who is on a Homegrown deal. A kid who they think will be a star, but he's a kid. Then they have another guy who is coming back from injury and could play, but hasn't played in a while.

Reactions: USAfan6
Its funny how MLS thought Sean Johnson getting loaned to MTL on emergency is bush league but using envelopes to decide which team Jermaine Jones goes to isn't.
wait so it was MLS and Chicago that stopped that from happening? I thought concacaf said no and montreal went to NASL to find a backup.

I also read this was not the first time montreal needed to do this apparently they needed a emergency GK for their games against alajuelense.

wait so it was MLS and Chicago that stopped that from happening? I thought concacaf said no and montreal went to NASL to find a backup.

I also read this was not the first time montreal needed to do this apparently they needed a emergency GK for their games against alajuelense.

Correct. Which goes to show you how truly out of the loop MOST of the MLS twitter-sphere is. There are only 2 guys out there that know anything - Twellman and Lalas. The obvious answer to all of this was for them to pick up the guy that ALREADY PLAYED FOR THEM THIS YEAR. Are MLS journalists the most out of touch sports journalists in America? They must be.

Reactions: adam
I'm not expecting a "win" for Montreal tonight but I won't be upset if they do.
really? because of GK?

interesting you say that since matosas is saying already saying ligamx is not "helping them" in terms of scheduling and such. I feel he is feeling the pressure since he is most likely fired if he fails to get the cup.

If anything that was an advantage for the Impact.

really? because of GK?

interesting you say that since matosas is saying already saying ligamx is not "helping them" in terms of scheduling and such. I feel he is feeling the pressure since he is most likely fired if he fails to get the cup.

If anything that was an advantage for the Impact.
Because America is a better team, that's why I think they are still favs. RSL was an awesome team in 2010 and they couldn't get it done at home either.

We'll see tonight.

Because America is a better team, that's why I think they are still favs. RSL was an awesome team in 2010 and they couldn't get it done at home either.

We'll see tonight.
true but America has been lackluster all season, and in a sort of one game situation they can easily have a bad day as they were having in the first leg.

better team doesnt always win, anything goes in a final just see chelsea 2012.

that being said if America does show up, then its probably over in 35 mins like in their semi finals.

The president of CONCACAF should be fucking ashamed of the officiating.
Right??? Early on there were 2 CLEAR CUT balls that should have been awarded to Montreal. One was a free kick directly into the CA wall and he still awarded it to CA....:confused:

They aren't going to show if Benedetto was on?

I have questions. He may have been, but it's not readily obvious.

Eta: Went back and watched. Definitely on.