Game And Supporter Rules?

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
I am not of any high position on the forum but i think we can all agree that there should be some canon rules. i have thought of some rules, if you agree, disagree or have any idea, please let me know

GAME RULES:
1)NO CAMPOS/ DRUMS. -pretty simple, too loud and annoying. when its 9:00 on a saturday night and your hammered, the last thing you want is drums. plus if we dont have that, then we will separate ourselves from the rest of the league, which i think is good.

2)NO DRESSING UP.- Oakland raiders for example. their fans dress up, full cosutme and make up, and its just in bad taste (i find face makeup to be acceptable)

3)NO BACK THOUGHTS- if you are associated with a, and not limited to, gang, political party, career, foreign football team; leave those at the stadium gates, the last thing we need is supporter vs fellow supporter violence

4)NONE OF THAT "_____ SUCKS" - theres a whole forum about chants, the "you suck" chant should be last resort. cmon we're smarter than that.

5)THERE IS NO BAD PRESS- the more people talk about NYCFC and especially us, the better. We have to run ourselves like a business. Companies spend millions just so you can have their products in your head. the more thought we recieve, the better.

Last edited:
I personally like drums. Not beating the whole game, but they set a good tempo for chants and I think they add some energy. Maybe I'm alone on that one...

The only rule I like is #3. Adamantly disagree with #1 and #2 because they are a matter of taste. Have a similar problem with #4 although it bothers me less because it is more being classy than discriminating against people's tastes. Not really sure about #5

Drums: please no drum circles. No one likes them except the people making them. Otherwise, they're alright....well not totally - if drummer can't keep a steady 4/4 he has to wear that drum on his goddamn head.

I don't mind people dressing up. Personally I think it's annoying but it doesn't hurt anyone nor does it detract from the overall arena experience. It also, in a way, contradicts Rule 5. The cameras will always look for the rube with his face painted wearing devil horns.

Rule 5 sort of contradicts Rule 3. If you make a scene re: political, racial beliefs and it gets NYCFC on the news, is that still good PR?

I think Rule 3 should be a tenet for our group. If you use your status within the Club or your membership is used for personal or financial gain it is grounds for immediate membership revocation.

Especially for leadership and the admin team here. Having a access to potentially thousands of people can be very dangerous and very tempting to exploit.

As another possible rule: since we are trying to make the arena experience exciting for supporters and fans alike it's important to carry ourselves with dignity and respect. No cursing or swearing in chants or songs. It's diststeful and unecessary. Plus it's against MLS standards. We've seen the lengths MLS had to go through to crush YSA. For those who don't know, YSA (You Suck Asshole) was screamed in unison anytime a competitor had a PK. RB was forced to address it by threatening to expel ESC and VA and GSU from allowing to enter the arena. Let's not shame our team and owners by not being able to control ourselves.

I do think we should have 1-3 drummers only if they know what they are doing. At the Revs SG, they feel the more drums the better and they all suck so it is awful. Drums are good, but not too many and the drummers need to be part of the group not going by the beat of their own drum (awesome pun).
And Yes, YSA and any variation of it is juvenile and does not belong in a world class venue! We are way above that kind of stuff.

5)THERE IS NO BAD PRESS- the more people talk about NYCFC and especially us, the better. We have to run ourselves like a business. Companies spend millions just so you can have their products in your head. the more thought we recieve, the better.

I really do not like that thought. Supporters groups are run on passion, not like a business. Supporters groups that do go the business route often run into trouble and leads to other SG's coming along as an alternative.

I am not of any high position on the forum but i think we can all agree that there should be some canon rules. i have thought of some rules, if you agree, disagree or have any idea, please let me know

GAME RULES:
1)NO CAMPOS/ DRUMS. -pretty simple, too loud and annoying. when its 9:00 on a saturday night and your hammered, the last thing you want is drums. plus if we dont have that, then we will separate ourselves from the rest of the league, which i think is good.

2)NO DRESSING UP.- Oakland raiders for example. their fans dress up, full cosutme and make up, and its just in bad taste (i find face makeup to be acceptable)

3)NO BACK THOUGHTS- if you are associated with a, and not limited to, gang, political party, career, foreign football team; leave those at the stadium gates, the last thing we need is supporter vs fellow supporter violence

4)NONE OF THAT "_____ SUCKS" - theres a whole forum about chants, the "you suck" chant should be last resort. cmon we're smarter than that.

Completely agree with all of these except #4. As a paying customer I most definitely have the right to voice my opinions if I am not happy with the product. If you buy a pint at the pub and it's poured flat, you take it back and complain right?

So happy I'm not the only one who cannot stand drums

Well
Remove the word "no".
there isnt bad press. If we give 420.000 $ to a charity and we get our name in a paper its the same publicity if we beat up rbny fans. As long as people have us in thir mind (good or bad) were coming out on top

Well

there isnt bad press. If we give 420.000 $ to a charity and we get our name in a paper its the same publicity if we beat up rbny fans. As long as people have us in thir mind (good or bad) were coming out on top

You have a lot to learn young Jedi - you will see and you will think about this thread. There are journalists who are biased no matter what they say, there are those with an agenda.

Remember this post.

Its like
You have a lot to learn young Jedi - you will see and you will think about this thread. There are journalists who are biased no matter what they say, there are those with an agenda.

Remember this post.
if u see 100 commercials for pepsi, they know u dont like it but keep playing them to get stuck in yout head