Home - 03/12 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
But still incredibly short compared to the other major pro sports in this country.

The fact training camp opened around six weeks after MLS Cup is insane to me. I know that's how it's done in soccer, but it's an incredibly short offseason comparatively speaking.
It is and it isn't. From a fans perspective it's definitely short. But from an athletes perspective it's appropriate.

Tom in Fairfield CT (from an orthopedic standpoint) can probably confirm that there's a big difference in the down time that athletes from different leagues need.

Football needs the most downtime because of the sheer amount of punishment delivered between players.

Baseball needs a lot of downtime because of the repetitive motion fatigue/injuries developed by doing throwing/pitching/hitting only with one side of the body.

Basketball plays a ton of games every 3/4 days relentlessly. That wears a body down having no time to fully recover with the short turnaround

Soccer, while having a long season typically has 1gm/week and sometimes has midweek games but also has 2 week breaks for international duty, so it evens out. Rosters are large enough (or should be) that players can be rotated/rested and perform highly throughout the year. with more rest and less caustic physical contact (save when Dele Ali hacks a shin) the players need less of an offseason.

Last edited:
Hey guys, Brandon here. It's my birthday in a week and I've decided to celebrate my birthday at the home opener for NYCFC. I was planning to get seats in the supporters section ! However I have no idea how tickets for that work. If I get 3 tickets from different sources do we get to "stand" next to eachother or do we all have assigned "bleacher numbers"

If any of you could enlighten me it would be much appreciated!

Hey guys, Brandon here. It's my birthday in a week and I've decided to celebrate my birthday at the home opener for NYCFC. I was planning to get seats in the supporters section ! However I have no idea how tickets for that work. If I get 3 tickets from different sources do we get to "stand" next to eachother or do we all have assigned "bleacher numbers"

If any of you could enlighten me it would be much appreciated!

Supporters section is general admission , not assigned seats, so where you find a spot to stand is where you is

Forecast says 100% chance for beers!!!!

giphy.gif

You've inspired me actually. I think I'll try this for a games this season.
You really should, it's pretty nice and you get to feel all fancy n shit LOL!! I try to grab em via Cityzen a points and your original tix are still yours to do what you want

It is and it isn't. From a fans perspective it's definitely short. But from an athletes perspective it's appropriate.

Tom in Fairfield CT (from an orthopedic standpoint) can probably confirm that there's a big difference in the down time that athletes from different leagues need.

Football needs the most downtime because of the sheer amount of punishment delivered between players.

Baseball needs a lot of downtime because of the repetitive motion fatigue/injuries developed by doing throwing/pitching/hitting only with one side of the body.

Basketball plays a ton of games every 3/4 days relentlessly. That wears a body down having no time to fully recover with the short turnaround

Soccer, while having a long season typically has 1gm/week and sometimes has midweek games but also has 2 week breaks for international duty, so it evens out. Rosters are large enough (or should be) that players can be rotated/rested and perform highly throughout the year. with more rest and less caustic physical contact (save when Dele Ali hacks a shin) the players need less of an offseason.

That makes sense, but when you add in the practice load for soccer (probably 4-5 practices a week), the workload is probably just as bad, if not worse, than it is for basketball and hockey players.

CAN NOT WAIT. been looking forward to this basically since the last home game ended.

And that is why sitting under an overhang is so valuable, and don't forget your 50ml bottles to stave off the cold, wind, and forecasted rain.

PSA- will be getting around to posting 1ticket of the covered variety over on the other thread.

Weather.com has 60%, accu has 30%. Still a ways out - gotta have faith. And if it does end up being 45 and raining, it's gonna take quite a few 50ml bottles. Considering buying an insulated camelbak and filling it with white russians. Cozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.