Home - 07/19 TFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you assume having a legendary talent on the field would at least translate to more goals scored by the team when he is playing vs when he is not?

its hard to get stats and goals when you play a through ball to jack harrison who aims for the corner flags 8/14 times the other 6 being misses as well maybe ones a goal

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
People say things as if this were not a salary capped league.

A $65k RB who is anything better than disastrous is an asset who lets you spend the money to have the best midfield in the league. Those are the trade-offs. Objectively, based on some Platonic ideal, he might suck, but in the league we operate in he is valuable at that price.

Meanwhile, a $280k CB who hardly plays and makes everyone groan when he does is not someone you can trade midesason, because nobody will take him off our hands. So suggesting we trade him is, sure, great if someone is stupid enough to do it but would be kind of a miracle.

its hard to get stats and goals when you play a through ball to jack harrison who aims for the corner flags 8/14 times the other 6 being misses as well maybe ones a goal
Even based on your ridiculous scenario, that stat tells you that having Pirlo on the team doesn't help us right?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
People say things as if this were not a salary capped league.

A $65k RB who is anything better than disastrous is an asset who lets you spend the money to have the best midfield in the league. Those are the trade-offs. Objectively, based on some Platonic ideal, he might suck, but in the league we operate in he is valuable at that price.

Meanwhile, a $280k CB who hardly plays and makes everyone groan when he does is not someone you can trade midesason, because nobody will take him off our hands. So suggesting we trade him is, sure, great if someone is stupid enough to do it but would be kind of a miracle.

i actually agree with this even though youll never know it because im blocked.

Even based on your ridiculous scenario, that stat tells you that having Pirlo on the team doesn't help us right?
cant blame him for missed chances. what else is he supposed to do? He can't pass Villa every single ball, and its not like hes playing a ball to harrison at the corner flag expecting him to dribble 3 players and score. theyre usually goal scoring opportunites any attacking player should score or be useful at.
You'd basically replace pirlo with anyone and the same results would happen so i dont know what youre expecting? sign a DP right winger instead? who's going to play them the ball? mikey lopez with 2 left feet?

cant blame him for missed chances. what else is he supposed to do? He can't pass Villa every single ball, and its not like hes playing a ball to harrison at the corner flag expecting him to dribble 3 players and score. theyre usually goal scoring opportunites any attacking player should score or be useful at.
You'd basically replace pirlo with anyone and the same results would happen so i dont know what youre expecting? sign a DP right winger instead? who's going to play them the ball? mikey lopez with 2 left feet?
I'm sad that you think that makes sense.

Literally every formation where Pirlo has been replaced has seen us score more goals and give up fewer. If other players, with less legendary status and fractions of his salary, are able to get results with the surrounding teammates, the fault lies directly on Pirlo. I do think a DP LW would be a nice addition, however.

Reactions: Ulrich
Your example is kinda ridiculous since Harrison has 8 goals this year, which means somebody IS getting the ball to him in position to score. Team stats don't lie, the team has an exceptionally superior goal differential when Pirlo isn't in the lineup. And those lineups have had a myriad of players contribute due to injury and NT callups. I wouldn't care if Pirlo played and had zero G/A if the team performed better with him than without him, but that's not the case, and it's a provable case with the team stats.

Last edited:
Just a heads up to everyone: Tomorrow's "Real Feel" at kickoff will be around 95 degrees, with temps near 90, so definitely change into shorts before leaving the office.
01e79892a0a7ba73446f160ca39744e4.jpg

Reactions: JayH and dkalev
Just a heads up to everyone: Tomorrow's "Real Feel" at kickoff will be around 95 degrees, with temps near 90, so definitely change into shorts before leaving the office.
such a hassle there's nowhere to leave my bag around YS and I refuse to pay $10 bucks for storage

Deleted by the hotlink police.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.