Home - 07/19 TFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to see some moves. I know we're tight on spots. We should dump Brilliant's DP contract and probably should drop Pirlo's as well.

This. So much this. These are the people who congregate here to discuss nycfc and soccer in general. No wonder my blood pressure is high.

Anyway just stopped by to say Ethan white is garbage, pirlo isn't the problem and fits certain schemes, like he ain't gonna play with us doing counter attack or the opponent doing counterattack, but with a possession or long ball game he's more than fine. What's the guy supposed to do, make a run, pass it to himself and score the goal too?

i will fight you in real life

giphy.gif

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
New York City v Toronto
Yankee Stadium (7:30PM ET)
REF: JORGE GONZALEZ
AR1: Jose Da Silva
AR2: Danny Thornberry
4TH: Jose Carlos Rivero

Gonzalez previously refereed our 2-1 victory vs. San Jose this year. 3 yellow cards shown in the match: Ring, Wallace, Harrison. 1 red card shown: Bernardez.

Reactions: The Toe
New York City v Toronto

Gonzalez previously refereed our 2-1 victory vs. San Jose this year. 3 yellow cards shown in the match: Ring, Wallace, Harrison. 1 red card shown: Bernardez.
So you're saying it's a good chance we'll be playing Chicago Ringless?

Here is the 18 I'd like to see tomorrow but think Vieira will have T-Mac on left wing. I"m hoping however with our solidified 3-man midfield and a somewhat weakened TFC, it gives us the opportunity to "test" Lewis and forsake T-Mac's "experience" as the gap filler.

upload_2017-7-18_15-27-53.png

Bench:
Johansen, T-Mac, Pirlo, Okoli, White, Brillant, Lopez

New York City v Toronto

More famously, he was the referee in our crazy 2-2 draw against Orlando last year when Villa missed a penalty and Orlando equalized in the 4 minute of the 3 minutes of stoppage time.

More famously, he was the referee in our crazy 2-2 draw against Orlando last year when Villa missed a penalty and Orlando equalized in the 4 minute of the 3 minutes of stoppage time.

The fact Brek Shea didn't receive 3 straight reds in that match was absolutely criminal. Not looking forward to this ref

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
Here is the 18 I'd like to see tomorrow but think Vieira will have T-Mac on left wing. I"m hoping however with our solidified 3-man midfield and a somewhat weakened TFC, it gives us the opportunity to "test" Lewis and forsake T-Mac's "experience" as the gap filler.

View attachment 7269

Bench:
Johansen, T-Mac, Pirlo, Okoli, White, Brillant, Lopez
I think this is about right. I expect we will see Tommy at LW, but I'd be fine with Lewis. I think it is 50-50 between RJ and White, and I'd personally go for White. Maybe Sands for Lopez on the bench, but I doubt it will happen.

someone start another argument i have 3 more hours of work.

Here's one I'd be interested in your opinion on that is sure to spark some debate. Who do you think should take the free kicks around the top of the box in positions that clearly lend themselves to a shot on goal Villa or Pirlo?

Here's one I'd be interested in your opinion on that is sure to spark some debate. Who do you think should take the free kicks around the top of the box in positions that clearly lend themselves to a shot on goal Villa or Pirlo?

ive already answered that actually in some other thread.

Free kicks from distance Pirlo. Corner Kicks Pirlo/Maxi. Free kicks on goal Villa.

ive already answered that actually in some other thread.

Free kicks from distance Pirlo. Corner Kicks Pirlo/Maxi. Free kicks on goal Villa.

Okay sorry I missed that. Since you are more pro Pirlo than most I was interested to see if there are still those out there that are happy to see Pirlo continue to take free kicks on goal. Apparently Pirlo himself is possibly the only person left that thinks he should be taking those. PV and the players continue to defer to him but my assumption is that they just have too much respect to stop him and agree that it's utter insanity he's still taking them.

Okay sorry I missed that. Since you are more pro Pirlo than most I was interested to see if there are still those out there that are happy to see Pirlo continue to take free kicks on goal. Apparently Pirlo himself is possibly the only person left that thinks he should be taking those. PV and the players continue to defer to him but my assumption is that they just have too much respect to stop him and agree that it's utter insanity he's still taking them.

I think hes still sinking them in practice. Viera doesnt seem the type to play that kind of favoritism.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
My position on Pirlo is that I want to seem him play because, well, I want to see him play. However, I support Vieira, and he knows more about soccer than I'll ever know, so I'm happy to go to the matches and see whoever he puts out on the field.

Bottom line is that I'm super happy to have had the chance to see Pirlo and Lampard play in person, and having Villa as our captain is more than I ever could have hoped for back in 2013/14 or so. Happy to have been in the same stadium as those three, and if Pirlo happens to retire after this season, well, we'll probably all be bored next year as we'll all be sitting here agreeing with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.