Home (CT) - 09/23 Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very curious what level of training Hererra and Chanot undertake. Would guess it'll all be individual work with a trainer on fitness to work the rust out after surgery. Is this their first practice back? If so, maybe 2-3 weeks until gameshape?
We are 4 weeks removed from Chanot's surgery and the report gave a 6-8 week recovery

Herrera has only been labeled as "day-to-day" but he also wasn't out as long as Chanot, so he should be closer to gameshape

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Very curious what level of training Hererra and Chanot undertake. Would guess it'll all be individual work with a trainer on fitness to work the rust out after surgery. Is this their first practice back? If so, maybe 2-3 weeks until gameshape?

I'd be excited to get the whole team (minus camargo) back healthy for the playoffs. But then my mind wanders to chemistry. Maybe I'm wrong, but this team is all about the system. Hopefully, that alleviates some of the chemistry problems. Couple that with the fact they've all played together at some point (except for struna), and let's hope our starters can slide right back in. If we have everyone back, who do we play?

Wallace villa jack
Herrera maxi ring
Mata chanot callens struna
SJ

Mata swaps w Wallace and we bring sweat in around 60?
Do we start white over struna? We really need to see him play.
What happens to brilliant?

Reactions: Kjbert
Anybody else find it convenient that all these players are back right before the playoffs at around the exact same time. I think the club gave a good amount of the players extra time to recover.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
We are 4 weeks removed from Chanot's surgery and the report gave a 6-8 week recovery

Herrera has only been labeled as "day-to-day" but he also wasn't out as long as Chanot, so he should be closer to gameshape

Right. Herrera last played September 5 for Venezuela. He would be good to go if he's healthy on Saturday.

So what you're saying is I was spot on without knowing his initial prognosis?

I'd be excited to get the whole team (minus camargo) back healthy for the playoffs. But then my mind wanders to chemistry. Maybe I'm wrong, but this team is all about the system. Hopefully, that alleviates some of the chemistry problems. Couple that with the fact they've all played together at some point (except for struna), and let's hope our starters can slide right back in. If we have everyone back, who do we play?

Wallace villa jack
Herrera maxi ring
SJ

Moving Mata forward late in the match nullifies his speed variable on offense since he's equally tired as the opposing defender. Why wouldn't you bring Lewis in for speed at the end?

I'm not announcing Struna the starting RB until we see him play. White is still the starter if healthy.

So what you're saying is I was spot on without knowing his initial prognosis?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
A broken toe is a pain in the ass. There's nothing you can do but wait for it to recover. The worst part about is that you feel fine until you start running.
A boot is the only remedy, right? Completely immobilize it? I'd venture that if not a break, but instead a severe sprain of the big toe, the boot would also be the most likely remedy.

Has Ring been seen wearing a boot anywhere?

Current Status on Injuries.
  • Camargo - out for season
  • Chanot - early-to-mid October (originally 6-8 weeks from surgery on August 21, which is Oct 2-16)
  • Matarrita - sometime in October (originally 3-4 months from June 30; has been in training, so it could be sooner)
  • Lopez - may be back Saturday vs. Houston (originally 3-4 weeks from August 29; working alone in training)
  • White - may be back Saturday vs. Houston (originally 4 weeks from August 29; has been in training)
  • Herrera - apparently doubtful for Saturday vs. Houston (was considered "day-to-day" originally)
  • Ring - may be back Saturday vs. Houston (was questionable against Colorado)

Wallace villa jack
Herrera maxi ring
SJ

It's so far been very nice that despite all the injuries, we are supposed to have everyone but Camargo back in time for the last game against Columbus. It would give us a game to get everyone a run out and then hopefully be at full speed for the playoffs. Of course, this assumes that we don't end up with any more injuries; certainly, we've had more than our share.

If we have everyone available, I like your lineup with the caveat that I would start White at RB when we need more defense and Struna when we need more offense. I also agree with those who reserve judgement on Andraz until he gets more time.

A boot is the only remedy, right? Completely immobilize it? I'd venture that if not a break, but instead a severe sprain of the big toe, the boot would also be the most likely remedy.

Has Ring been seen wearing a boot anywhere?
I think it is. When I broke mine I just RICEd it at first which was a massive mistake. My recovery time went from what would of been like 2 weeks to 3 months in a boot.

Wasn't Shelton "day to day" for a while too?

When in doubt, always assume they will be out considerably longer than the prognosis - 6-8 weeks means 8-12 weeks to me

Status
Not open for further replies.