Last Night's Red Bulls Tifo Was Directed At Us I Believe....

Wow that is really bush league. Can't ever imagine a ticket rep from NYCFC calling RBNY fans and saying: "You guys have only won 1 trophy in 19 years" or "For the love of God you lost to a minor league team out in Nassau County!" :D

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on RBNY. Yes, the ownership and the name and the location is terrible.

But the argument that they should be called NJ is silly. There is clear precedent for teams to play in NJ, just outside NYC, to be called New York.

Also, I have no problem with their fans standing up and trying to brace against the incoming NYCFC. They have some true fans, I am sure, who love the club and want to support it. It is only natural to feel threatened by the incoming club, and try to rise up against it.

Trust me, I have no love lost for the club. But it seems to me this whole "rivalry" is a bunch of immature crybaby bullshit from both sides. RBNY fans are exaggerating the negatives of NYCFC and vice versa. Let's just focus on our club, and save the rivalry for the actual team on the field.
Giants and Jets played in NYC for decades which is why no one laughs when they hear NY before Giants/Jets.

Giants and Jets played in NYC for decades which is why no one laughs when they hear NY before Giants/Jets.
The Giants haven't played in NY since 1976, and the Jets since 1984. Half the fans of these teams weren't fans when that was the case. Throw in the fact that relocating teams change their names, and if you consider being across the Hudson clearly not "New York" they should change their name.

I am not buying the location as a reason to malign RBNY. Its plain silly.

The Giants haven't played in NY since 1976, and the Jets since 1984. Half the fans of these teams weren't fans when that was the case. Throw in the fact that relocating teams change their names, and if you consider being across the Hudson clearly not "New York" they should change their name.

When a New Yorker moves out of New York, he's still a New Yorker. Do people buy into a dude born and bred in Harrison who calls himself a New Yorker because he lives close to it? It's not authentic.

When a New Yorker moves out of New York, he's still a New Yorker. Do people buy into a dude born and bred in Harrison who calls himself a New Yorker because he lives close to it? It's not authentic.
So I guess you call the Dodgers and the (baseball) Giants "New York" rather than "LA" and "San Francisco" based on that logic.

The Giants were born and established in NYC. They are the sole original franchise of the NFL. The bond they have with their fans is strong enough that moving to Jersey didn't change their view of the team. The red bulls were established in jersey from the very beginning of their existence. They have never played a single league home game in NY. The Giants and red bulls are a poor comparison.

The Giants were born and established in NYC. They are the sole original franchise of the NFL. The bond they have with their fans is strong enough that moving to Jersey didn't change their view of the team. The red bulls were established in jersey from the very beginning of their existence. They have never played a single league home game in NY. The Giants and red bulls are a poor comparison.
You make a valid point, but I still do not see the reason for widespread whining about the name of the team. The Metrostars were initially called NY/NJ because, despite being located in NJ, the club was meant to serve members of both states. This makes sense, considering the proximity to population centers in New York and physical location in New Jersey.

Seeing as the club was initially founded to serve New Yorkers (as there were no competing clubs in the area), one could argue that the bond between team and residents is just as strong as that between the Giants and their fans.

Yes, the stadium is in NJ. I am sure that has something to do with the difficulty of building a stadium in New York proper, as we are finding out. Heck, when the club started, they didn't even build a stadium, they played in an existing one (Giants Stadium), and had no option to do that within NY.

But at this point we are splitting hairs about a technicality that is by far the stupidest reason that NYCFC fans hate on RBNY. Find a goddamn better reason, because no mater how you spin it, the fact that the club is named after its primary target market located 15 minutes away is not a valid reason to hate it.

It is to me and it especially more prevalent when there's a club that will be actually based in NY and not using the name for advertisement exposure. Also why do people act like there's only gotta be one reason for not being a RB fan. Where is that law written? It can't be a combination of factors?

If you read my earlier posts, I clearly stated there are plenty of good reasons to dislike RBNY.

In my opinion, this is the worst one (not their location itself, but the disconnect between location and name).

Reactions: CP_Scouse
RBNY Ticket Rep: NYCFC only has 5 players.
Me: Well we can play that game, or we can understand that come March, NYCFC will have a full squad.
RBNY Ticket Rep: The experience at Red Bull Arena is the best in MLS. NYCFC will play in a baseball stadium.
Me: Yankee Stadium security isn't rude, telling people "You need to leave, so I can go home." Yankee Stadium amenities are the best in all of sports. NYCFC will have their own stadium that will have learned from the mistakes of Red Bull Arena.

They're all about negativity. The supporters groups squabble amongst each other. It's just so Jersey.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacts..this coming from a metrostar fan...#NyC FC ..sweeet baby jesuuuus we gotta club

Reactions: einwindir
Confirmed Red Bulls organization promotes punching babies. Can't support those guys.