Mls Live Is Back For 2016

Is this something I need if I want to watch an away game that isn't nationally televised?

Reactions: Kjbert
Is this something I need if I want to watch an away game that isn't nationally televised?

Well, if you're in the blackout zone for NYCFC, then it won't matter: you will only be able to watch it on YES.

If you're outside of that zone, as I am in New Orleans, then yes, this is what you'll need to watch non-national TV games. MLS Live works on phones and tablets and computers, but I think it only works on Roku as far as streaming devices plugged into the TV (ie no X-box app)

Reactions: Vito
Well, if you're in the blackout zone for NYCFC, then it won't matter: you will only be able to watch it on YES.

If you're outside of that zone, as I am in New Orleans, then yes, this is what you'll need to watch non-national TV games. MLS Live works on phones and tablets and computers, but I think it only works on Roku as far as streaming devices plugged into the TV (ie no X-box app)
MLS Live also works on your Apple TV through a native app. Most Panasonic TVs also have an app.

Edit: For existing cable subscribers, this is a bit of a bummer. If ESPN was ready to host these, then you'd be getting to watch non-local games as a part of your cable package. Unfortunately, because ESPN wasn't ready to host these on ESPN3, it means $65 for the season. That's not a ton of money (and absolutely pales in comparison to what it cost me to get NFL Sunday Ticket this year), but it's also non-zero.

I'm so happy about this! MLSlive has been incredible and it was unlikely that espn3 could have matched the quality. My favorite part is the condensed game videos, which allow you to get a great feel for the league by watching matches you don't really have much interest in.
The only thing I wish they did was offer both teams broadcasts. As of right now they choose only one broadcast, which can be a problem because several clubs have HORRIBLE quality (Chicago Fire are the absolute worst) and make things difficult to watch.

I'm so happy about this! MLSlive has been incredible and it was unlikely that espn3 could have matched the quality. My favorite part is the condensed game videos, which allow you to get a great feel for the league by watching matches you don't really have much interest in.
The only thing I wish they did was offer both teams broadcasts. As of right now they choose only one broadcast, which can be a problem because several clubs have HORRIBLE quality (Chicago Fire are the absolute worst) and make things difficult to watch.
Yes certainly markets have terrible announcing. I wish I could choose.

Guess I won't be watching non-NYCFC matches that aren't nationally televized next season. ESPN has digital rights, I wonder why they couldn't implement them in watchESPN

Guess I won't be watching non-NYCFC matches that aren't nationally televized next season. ESPN has digital rights, I wonder why they couldn't implement them in watchESPN
According to Tannenwald, who is the MLS Media insider, it seems as though ESPN's infrastructure was not up to snuff. When the deal was announced last year, they had mentioned that MLSlive may exist for another season before ESPN took over but time would tell.
Search Jonathan Tannenwald on twitter.