Mp: "i Don't Know If He'll Be There Next Season."

"I understand perfectly they want to see Frank play, but I hope he will be there next year."

What an ass.

Hopefully, this means Frank's never coming on the books. Good.

Good riddance.

This guy is unbelievable. He's laughing in our face. Screw him, MCFC and Lampard. I really hope he never suits up for us. What a freakin' mess this is.

Just saw the full interview and it's even worse than just that quote. He also said that they'll have more discussions in May over Frank's future. A reporter even asked if he'll ever play in New York, and Pellegrini wouldn't give a straight answer.
I literally came here to say the same exact thing.

I have a feeling the NYC people are telling them, if he isn't here day 1, don't bother.

The shitty grin he had on the whole time was incredible. Like he wanted to laugh out loud about the whole thing.

I don't care. Let's just move on. A lot of us went on about the fact that he wasn't here for opening day, then we didn't want him here. He wasn't a NYCFC player, he won't be afaik so let's just focus on the guys who are here and want to be here.
This crap cemented David Villa as a saint.

Wow so he is saying he wants Frank for next season, too?

Unreal. I can't believe they've put a gag on our guys but allow this guy to keep running his mouth freely...

He may be the only person in the entire CFC hierarchy who can't be muzzled. And he's done nothing but tell the truth so far, which is more than I can say for anyone based in NY.

He may be the only person in the entire CFC hierarchy who can't be muzzled. And he's done nothing but tell the truth so far, which is more than I can say for anyone based in NY.
To be fair, I'm pretty confident NYC's folks were made liars by CFG. I fully believe they only said what they "knew" to be true from the assurances of CFG. Then, CFG pulled the rug out from under them when they started altering their facts.

It's extremely unethical corporate behavior. They've not only harmed the NYC brand, but also done irreparable damage among American followers of the sport that they purportedly intended to court for their larger "branding" project. I mean, I guess unethical dicks is a brand, but it's definitely an unusual strategy.

It's extremely unethical corporate behavior. They've not only harmed the NYC brand, but also done irreparable damage among American followers of the sport that they purportedly intended to court for their larger "branding" project. I mean, I guess unethical dicks is a brand, but it's definitely an unusual strategy.

Ultimately, there is no NYC brand. NYCFC are an offshoot of the MCFC brand and the people that are going to ultimately be attracted to MCFC through NYCFC couldn't give two shits about the Lampard situation. They more likely than not wont pay any attention until NYC starts winning trophies.

Ultimately, there is no NYC brand. NYCFC are an offshoot of the MCFC brand and the people that are going to ultimately be attracted to MCFC through NYCFC couldn't give two shits about the Lampard situation. They more likely than not wont pay any attention until NYC starts winning trophies.
Alright buddy. If you're right, then this whole thing is totally fucked from jump street.

See, I'm respectful to people who come here respectfully. You're not here to do that. You're here spewing bullshit like you're in the CFG management meetings, when in reality, you're just a sad individual who has nothing better to do than tell those of us here for the dedicated purpose of discussing our MLS team how we don't matter.

If there is only one brand that matters, then don't bother coming here. You think you're going to win us over into MC supporters with your charm? Totally doing a bang up job there, mate. How the hell do you know what people will care about?

I'll tell you that it's practically unanimously viewed across US fans of the game and those who cover it that this decision is an act of hostility toward the game in our country.

Here's a deal for you: I will continue to not go to blue moon and tell you what I think MC should do, and you won't come here and act like you understand one iota about those of us who support this club and our league.

You know fuck all more than any of us. You just don't have anything in your life that makes you feel a sense of self-worth, so you try to fool yourself into having a bit of self-respect by coming here to tell us how unimportant we are. You're the saddest bastard I've seen because you lack so much self-awareness that you just embarrass yourself. Take your act elsewhere. The jig is up here.

Alright buddy. If you're right, then this whole thing is totally fucked from jump street.

See, I'm respectful to people who come here respectfully. You're not here to do that. You're here spewing bullshit like you're in the CFG management meetings, when in reality, you're just a sad individual who has nothing better to do than tell those of us here for the dedicated purpose of discussing our MLS team how we don't matter.

If there is only one brand that matters, then don't bother coming here. You think you're going to win us over into MC supporters with your charm? Totally doing a bang up job there, mate. How the hell do you know what people will care about?

I'll tell you that it's practically unanimously viewed across US fans of the game and those who cover it that this decision is an act of hostility toward the game in our country.

Here's a deal for you: I will continue to not go to blue moon and tell you what I think MC should do, and you won't come here and act like you understand one iota about those of us who support this club and our league.

You know fuck all more than any of us. You just don't have anything in your life that makes you feel a sense of self-worth, so you try to fool yourself into having a bit of self-respect by coming here to tell us how unimportant we are. You're the saddest bastard I've seen because you lack so much self-awareness that you just embarrass yourself. Take your act elsewhere. The jig is up here.
There's a whole lot of people at Blue Moon, Midas, but none can hold a candle to your quality. :)

There's a whole lot of people at Blue Moon, Midas, but none can hold a candle to your quality. :)
I try. And I really do try not to engage in petty arguments. I'm fine with people thinking "over there" thinking we don't matter. It's their prerogative, and it may well be a justifiable position. But then why come here to tell us if not because that person needs some sort of external validation that is missing elsewhere in their pathetic little lives?

It's all I can figure.

I want Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan in our Front Office and as our lead PR exec

"I understand perfectly they want to see Frank play, but I hope he will be THERE next year."

Pellegrini didn't say he hoped Frank would be staying at City. He said he hoped Frank would be THERE, as in playing for NYCFC.
The manager does not run the club and to be honest gave the only answers he could give. In football you NEVER commit to anything as anything CAN and quite often does happen. And as a by MCFC had just won, of course the manager was smiling.

Well yes, if you were deluded enough that Sheikh Mansours lifelong wish was to conqour MLS & the A League with NY & Melbourne then yes, I can imagine that things for you are 'totally fucked from jump street'.

If you can accept that both clubs are platforms for generating the mothership revenue and in return receiving domestic trophies, then things are hunky dory.

You are clearly in category 1, and still struggling through the Denial stage, before the realisation & acceptance hit home.

Why do the ManCs think the Sheikh cares particularly about Manchester? Lol

Funny thing about a brand like CFG, it is a brand, it can move, tiny little Manchester, in tiny little England, just naturally isn't meant to be at the top.

ohh please come to play on Blue Moon, your one post so far has generated 4 pages of hilarity.

ohh please come to play on Blue Moon, your one post so far has generated 4 pages of hilarity.
Why do you want some of us to go to Bluemoon for. We don't need to have the arguments we are having over there just so you have Man City fans who want to support your arguments. Let Bluemoon be for Man City fans. We don't need to go to there website.