New York State Of Mind For The Closing Minutes Of A Win?

gozzello

Registered
Jul 4, 2014
What are your thoughts of Billy Joel's New York State of Mind. It's perfect for the closing minutes.

Reactions: Gavin23
Yeah, what's wrong with hip hop/rap?
I'm a fan rap. Mostly 90's stuff and boom-bap but I can't see how a rap song would translate to thousands singing. Rap requires impeccable timing and flow. Something MOST people do not have. There's a reason rap isn't featured in most arena support sections. Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure, a hook like C.R.E.A.M. or the hook in 'Hip Hop Hooray' could be used but it would come off as forced and out of place. Find something that could work and suggest it. But as it stands I can't see it really taking off.

I can't rap for shit and I'm sure there are a lot of people like me haha

We'll chant or sing hooks. Having hundreds of people "rapping" at the same time would be a mess.

whats wrong with rap...nothing at all just its sounds like a hot bag of ass when a group tries to chant it

as for the billy joel version it's perfect. the song is a little soft but if you can picture (or hear) a large group swaying along to it i dont see how you want anything else. the choices in the other polls on this site blow. no songs are by new yorkers and they all have lyrics that are on par with something written by Lil romeo

But I'm taking a Greyhound
On the Hudson River Line
I'm in a New York state of mind

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
The posts above are right, you can't use rap songs for chants. It's impossible to have that many people sing in unison with impeccable flow. Plus the content of songs would be inappropriate.

What we can do however, is use the instrumental version of "NY State of Mind" for the player intros.

What do you guys think? I think it's unique, cool and very "New York".

Sorry Gozello for hijacking your thread.

The posts above are right, you can't use rap songs for chants. It's impossible to have that many people sing in unison with impeccable flow. Plus the content of songs would be inappropriate.

What we can do however, is use the instrumental version of "NY State of Mind" for the player intros.

What do you guys think? I think it's unique, cool and very "New York".

Sorry Gozello for hijacking your thread.

no worries homer...but for some reason i dont have the ability to see what you guys keep referring to from hotspur, what song is that ?

Reactions: City-Nole
I was surprised but really happy to hear NY State of Mind by Nas in the pregame mix. Pretty sure I heard it twice, too! Here's hoping that they keep that going as a theme, it's such a great track.

Reactions: City-Nole
Love the idea of a billy Joel song sung by the crowd - win lose or draw - NY State of mind would be perfect - as long as Miami doesn't sing Miami 2017 -