NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2023

Ours is not solid. That’s a rosy view.

I do think we have the potential to have a very good atmosphere.
We tend to have a great atmosphere at Citi, so my hope is that getting that new stadium would help with that a LOT. We have a very passionate support group which could help us a ton in that regard (thinking LAFC type of coordination)

Reactions: Kjbert
Reactions: Kjbert
Serious question.

Are they giving a fair take on the topic du jour, or is it a see no evil talk no evil fluff fest approach towards NYCFC?

The first episode, there was a heated debate on the correctness of the Haak offsides call, big criticism of the NYCFC supporters, and an honest assessment of what the win over TFC really meant (hint: TFC sucks). I thought it was very honest and didn’t seem like a love-fest for the club.

Granted though, these guys do love our team and that does come through.

Reactions: Gene and moogoo
An article about NYCFC and mostly the stadium. I didn't read anything I didn't already know and for that reason honestly it's a tl/dr for me. But it's to see this out there for the general public. Not sure how much engagement the Queens Eagle gets.

However, in 2021 NYCFC made it to the mountaintop, winning their first MLS title despite finishing fourth in the Eastern Conference and having the league’s lowest mean attendance.

That's certainly one way to write that we've won MLS Cup. No way we had the lowest average attendance in 2021, right?

It was actually Montreal who only had 1 "home" game. 2021 was a COVID year for sure...just ask Philly :p

Reactions: JCMore