NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2023

These ranking make no sense to me. Why for instance are the redbulls so high and New England so low when you look at the actual standings ?

Reactions: KevinJRogers
This is great stuff.

Title: "Why NYCFC look like a contender again"

Segment on NYCFC starts with Wiebe:
"NYCFC: we got a lot of complaints that we don't talk about them enough, the blue side of NY, and i'm confused about that because we dug into James Sands last week and we talked about Ritchie Ledesma and the #9 situation etc. Apparently Tom Bogert had some harsh words for NYCFC early in the pre-season bc a bunch of fans are hitting us up basically saying this just in different ways: "How all of you mistakenly dissed NYCFC, looking at you Tom Bogert"

...and then they go on to talk about that. And listening to what they say, I 100% agree with them on their points in the beginning of the segment.

I know this isn't tlaking about the apple coverage of NYCFC, but still - they DO talk about the team, even if you want to pretend they don't.

This article is a response to Marwood's comments to the BBC about NYCFC and Taty going to Girona.
To me, the HRB article is 60-70% on target. The main point is correct. Marwood completely misdiagnosed the issue with Taty going to Girona. Almost every NYCFC fan knew he was going to leave for Europe, and most don't care that he went to a CFG club. The issue is it's a year later and we have no replacement, after also letting go of Heber and Andrade. Where I differ with this article is I don't care where NYCFC stands in the CFG pecking order. I just have expectations for NYCFC and they are either met or not and that has nothing to do with Bahia, Girona, or Torque.

Last edited:
Chairman's end of year interview .. at the part that talks about us, which is basically just a nod to the stadium announcement. very short few minute blurb with not much else said, but posting here anyway.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Chairman's end of year interview .. at the part that talks about us, which is basically just a nod to the stadium announcement. very short few minute blurb with not much else said, but posting here anyway.

NYCFC Fans: We don't have a number 9 and the team is doing poorly.
CFG Chairman: But you're forgetting about shiny new stadium.

NYCFC Fans: But what about the team?
CFG Chairman: We're too busy winning back to back to back championships in the A-league. be happy with your stadium!

We had the best record in our league over a seven-season span, including a championship and a final four. On some level, we need to get over ourselves that we've had half a season of subpar performance. I know we all want to win every year, but in a salary-capped league it's virtually impossible. Every single team in this league goes through this, even the biggest ones. We should thank our lucky stars we're not the LA Galaxy right about now.

We had the best record in our league over a seven-season span, including a championship and a final four. On some level, we need to get over ourselves that we've had half a season of subpar performance. I know we all want to win every year, but in a salary-capped league it's virtually impossible. Every single team in this league goes through this, even the biggest ones. We should thank our lucky stars we're not the LA Galaxy right about now.
This should be projected every single place that two or more NYCFC fans have gathered.

Reactions: KevinJRogers

This season would never fly for Man City.

Reactions: canchon and Gene
I believe the Galaxy have a better record over their last 10 games compared to NYCFC. That’s roughly a third of a season.

Reactions: Kjbert