NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

There's definitely a cost-of-living discrepancy between certain cities that creates an imbalance if the rules are enforced to the letter. The Players union would do well to also look the other way since what's good for a player one day could change the next with a trade.
See my post above. Pretty sure they do look the other way. It's an open secret that everyone is in on.

Reactions: Kjbert
Salary cap is there only to keep average American player salaries low, since having an American league requiring American players will drive their value up.

The rest of the players operate on a world market. If MLS restrained itself to a strict salary cap, they couldn't compete vs leagues that don't restrict themselves.

Salary cap is there only to keep average American player salaries low, since having an American league requiring American players will drive their value up.

The rest of the players operate on a world market. If MLS restrained itself to a strict salary cap, they couldn't compete vs leagues that don't restrict themselves.

Exactly.

Hey NYCFCfan NYCFCfan! It's Monday morning, the transfer window is open, we have no games for two weeks, and we have zero rumors to over-analyze. Any help?
It's really weird seeing things like "written at 11:34am" when it's not even 10am here. I gotta mess around with the settings.

I'm up pretty early, I don't think my body ever really got used to the time zone, I'm usually awake by 6am PT.

I'd be surprised if we didn't add another outside back this transfer window. With Gomez on loan (even though he can be recalled at any time I don't think Vieira sees him as ready yet) and Matarrita essentially out for the season we need depth there badly. I'm keeping an eye on a LB who's playing in the Eredivisie for now and will let you guys know if this is actually anything worth taking time to track.

It's really weird seeing things like "written at 11:34am" when it's not even 10am here. I gotta mess around with the settings.

I'm up pretty early, I don't think my body ever really got used to the time zone, I'm usually awake by 6am PT.

I'd be surprised if we didn't add another outside back this transfer window. With Gomez on loan (even though he can be recalled at any time I don't think Vieira sees him as ready yet) and Matarrita essentially out for the season we need depth there badly. I'm keeping an eye on a LB who's playing in the Eredivisie for now and will let you guys know if this is actually anything worth taking time to track.

ANNOUNCE FUCHS

If we're going after a LB in the Eredivisie, I really hope it's Ridgeciano Haps.

He was likely tied directly to Pirlo retiring and/or Mata being transferred out. The latter isn't happening with an injury and the former is a big IDK. Not sure how we'd get him signed otherwise???

Don't doubt the Soccer Don on creating a new rule to get certain players here.

Reactions: Kjbert

Aiming high here, I'm going to run with your tiny note and speculate Mitchell Dijks is looking for a new home. He just returned to Ajax after a 6-month loan to Norwich City, has one year left on his contract, and would be a backup to the younger and better Daley Sinkgraven unless he moves again. He's tall too at 6'4", and Transfermarkt says he dabbled at CB a few times, but not recently.

So maybe we won't get Fuchs this summer, but we could get big Dijks.

EDIT: Looks like he really values high competition and wants Premier League. http://sportwitness.co.uk/snubbing-norwich-city-mitchell-dijks-set-birmingham-city-move/

Last edited:
Remember that, at his peak, he was every bit the player Villa was at his peak.

Lots of reasons why we shouldn't want him - but if this is a one year deal with Everton - he would be spectacular in MLS

woah woah woah... Villa will finish his career being one of the greatest players of all time. The same will definitely not be said about Rooney.

woah woah woah... Villa will finish his career being one of the greatest players of all time. The same will definitely not be said about Rooney.

Not to speak for K Kjbert but I don't think that is what he was saying at all. Peak Rooney was near same level as peak Villa. Biggest difference is Villa has seen much better longevity (with career and hair). Villa you could argue had a stretch of 10 seasons where he was dominant in all but 1 of them at the highest level. You can maybe say that about Rooney for a 5 year stretch.

Not to speak for K Kjbert but I don't think that is what he was saying at all. Peak Rooney was near same level as peak Villa. Biggest difference is Villa has seen much better longevity (with career and hair). Villa you could argue had a stretch of 10 seasons where he was dominant in all but 1 of them at the highest level. You can maybe say that about Rooney for a 5 year stretch.

still comparing peak to peak Villa ousthined Rooney. Rooney had his moments no doubt but at the end of the day Villa > Rooney.

Reactions: Schwallacus
villa at his peak is up here------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(+25 more spaces more) rooney at his peak.

If Villa today broke his leg and had to play with crutches at 35 years of age, it'd be the same as having Rooney in his prime without Ronaldo and tevez. Rooney was never great I'm surprised people now are just slowly starting to figure that out.