NYCFC Salaries 2016

The hope is that CFG discovered Matarrita. Or that the appeal of CFG drew Matarrita's agent (and others) to approach CFG. Wouldn't be the first time.

Our 4 international signings this Spring (Matarrita, Bravo, Mendoza, Martinez) have all been successes so far. All have contributed more so far this year than Mena, Calle, Mendoza, Nemec did all of last year.
FIFY

Reactions: Kjbert
I actually think that's a good distinction but slightly misplaced. The real distinction would be to categorize signings into (I think) these four categories:
  • Damaging - due to financial commitments way out pacing the contribution and therefore locking up cap room
  • Inconsequential - the signing contributed little, but so what
  • Effective - created clear value
  • Highly effective - diamond in the rough
By these standards I'd say the following:
  • Damaging - Mena
  • Inconsequential - Calle, Mendoza, Martinez
  • Effective - Brillant
  • Highly effective - Bravo, Mata
This makes the advantage of this year's signings much clearer in my mind.
Don't forget Nemec - luckily his contract was mutually terminated so no cap hit beyond when he was on the team. However, didn't NYCFC have to eat Mendoza's salary by placing him on waivers? If so, I'd chalk him up to damaging.

Reactions: Kjbert
Interesting article.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...ague-soccers-best-value-for-money-starting-xi

Nice to see Tmac in the bargain lineup. Maybe I'm biased, but I think Mata belongs there too.

Highest paid, they could have put out a 3-4-3 and got Pirlo in there.

And highest paid Ameircans, well it really puts into perspective how bad a deal the Mix contract is. Would you rather have him or Besler, Zusi, Edu for the same money? Take your pick.

Not NYCFC specific, but this is a pretty entertaining discussion among four current/former players about what it is like when the MLS players union releases the salaries. Plus, it features former NYCFC player (well, sort of) George John who is perhaps the most amusing in light of the fact that he is likely not expecting to play again.

http://www.howlermagazine.com/play-...one-office-knows-much-money-make-welcome-mls/