Orlando Postmatch

Or Don Garber will change the rules so the games only go 85 minutes. Sadly, we're not the Galaxy so this won't happen.
Funny, I actually almost wrote that.

Or Don Garber will change the rules so the games only go 85 minutes. Sadly, we're not the Galaxy so this won't happen.

Wouldn't matter. Not finishing is more mental then anything else. If the change was made, we'd only play for 80 minutes.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Ulrich
Still a bit sick to my stomach about that equalizer. A lot of well thought out posts about why it happened so I won't get into it.

So, I TOTALLY get the Lampard hate. I really do.

But from a gathering as many points as we can standpoint.........

For those of you who don't want Lampard on the pitch, who would you rather see playing INSTEAD of a healthy Lampard?

He looked pretty damn good out there to me. He knows where he is supposed to be,he anticipates passes and has great touches. I think he misplayed one ball that ended up at Shea's feet.

Still a bit sick to my stomach about that equalizer. A lot of well thought out posts about why it happened so I won't get into it.

So, I TOTALLY get the Lampard hate. I really do.

But from a gathering as many points as we can standpoint.........

For those of you who don't want Lampard on the pitch, who would you rather see playing INSTEAD of a healthy Lampard?

He looked pretty damn good out there to me. He knows where he is supposed to be,he anticipates passes and has great touches. I think he misplayed one ball that ended up at Shea's feet.
What he's done so far in his time here isn't worth his salary.

What he's done so far in his time here isn't worth his salary.
Totally agree.

BUT, if it's a legit injury, what do you want?

The PR stuff is reprehensible, but there are athletes in every sport that command a multi million dollar a year salary and don't play at all.

I think the main trouble the supporters are having are with the mixed messages we are getting from the club and the player.

Totally agree.

BUT, if it's a legit injury, what do you want?

The PR stuff is reprehensible, but there are athletes in every sport that command a multi million dollar a year salary and don't play at all.

I think the main trouble the supporters are having are with the mixed messages we are getting from the club and the player.
Yea but those other players are on team that have many other multi million salaries. He's 1 of 3 here. This is not the PL. You can't afford to waste a DP spot.

Reactions: Ulrich
I didn't say he is dumb. I said he makes some dumb decisions.

You are not going to convince me that not making defensive subs at the end and actively trying to kill the game is the right decision.

Also I find your use of the word ludicrous to be just that.

Finally, I believe the 0-7 was on his mind and he wanted to put up at least 3.
Mix plays defense, taking him out was dumb.
I have nothing against the characterization of the decision as dumb.

The straw man NYC24 stated was:
PV is trying to run up the score to prove something about his style of football.
And yes. To me that is ludicrous. Every coach and player is in those roles because they are fierce competitors. You don't get to this stage without a tremendous desire to win. His judgment may be clouded by ego at times (as we are all prone to). But to say he is consciously acting to prove something rather than putting forward the strategy he feels is the winning strategy - yes straw man and yes ludicrous. IMO.

Yea but those other players are on team that have many other multi million salaries. He's 1 of 3 here. This is not the PL. You can't afford to waste a DP spot.
In that case, did NYCFC know about his injury when they 'signed' him? If it happened after-the-fact, then 'Hey, shit happens.' It's frustrating, and it completely limits us, but what can you do ?

In that case, did NYCFC know about his injury when they 'signed' him? If it happened after-the-fact, then 'Hey, shit happens.' It's frustrating, and it completely limits us, but what can you do ?
Let Em know our displeasure strongly enough that in the future they make NYCFC decisions with NYCFC's best interests in mind not the manchester team.

Agree 100%.

But if he's healthy and dressed. Who should start instead of him?

Again, from a gathering points standpoint and nothing else.
In the situation yesterday, with the lead and needing to kill the clock, the safest midfielder to bring on would be Medhi. I hate cross-sport analogies, but he's our Lock-down closer for the midfield - tireless engine and gets in the middle of plays.

Let Em know our displeasure strongly enough that in the future they make NYCFC decisions with NYCFC's best interests in mind not the manchester team.

I agree that CFG/Lambard shafted us. But by booing at the stadium, it sends the wrong message, or at best a mixed message.

During a match we need to be behind the players. The time to express our displeasure at the Lampard situation is online, at Q&A's, or anywhere except at the stadium during a match.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I didn't mean just yesterday.

Week to week Starting XI.

Who do you or Lampard Is Satan types want starting over a healthy Lampard.

His judgment may be clouded by ego at times (as we are all prone to). But to say he is consciously acting to prove something rather than putting forward the strategy he feels is the winning strategy - yes straw man and yes ludicrous. IMO.

Bro, we are both projecting here since no one can actually truly know another's motivation.

Also your argument and mine are not mutually exclusive. You actually say that yourself above.

Conscious. Sub-conscious. Who knows?

Reactions: FootyLovin
Bro, we are both projecting here since no one can actually truly know another's motivation.

Also your argument and mine are not mutually exclusive. You actually say that yourself above.

Conscious. Sub-conscious. Who knows?
If the argument is that we are all complex cauldrons of both conscious, well intentioned and unconscious, ego driven decisions that to outsiders can easily at any moment be interpreted as clear indication of either one ... well then, I think we are in agreement.

Let's go have a beer.

I should've said hello to you a few games back when I passed you in the corridor at YS and recognized you from your profile pic. I will next time so we can get that beer and say a proper "Cheers!"
Absolutely!!!

Theoretically, that could be a huge part of the problem that I don't think anyone ever brought up. Lampard played for MCFC till the summer of 2015. We learned he WAS NOT under contract with NYCFC till that summer, only MCFC. But if he was injured towards the end of the season, CFG would have presumably known. I don't remember the exact dates, but he 1. signed with us after the premier season ended. Then 2. needed some "personal time" then 3. announced his injury and didn't play with NYCFC till late into the season (August/September?).

Could the "personal time" been a cover to heal from an unannounced injury that took longer to heal from then expected? Possibly

Could CFG known about the injury when signing him? If he was injured, probably.

Would that mean that CFG took the Jack Harrison approach and figured he's still worth the $9mm contract (1.5 yrs @ $6mm pa) even if he's injured for the beginning portion? Maybe

Or did they say performance be damned, we promised this player and we will have him play in NYC so we really don't look like fools and we had an "agreement" with his agent for $12mm over 2 years no matter whom he played for? More probable.

It just leaves a very foul taste in my mouth to think they knew he was injured before signing him last summer if it could have been avoided and another DP of better health and quality brought in. And the facts seem to point in that direction.

I agree that CFG/Lambard shafted us. But by booing at the stadium, it sends the wrong message, or at best a mixed message.

During a match we need to be behind the players. The time to express our displeasure at the Lampard situation is online, at Q&A's, or anywhere except at the stadium during a match.
Anywhere when? If it's not a public embarassing display in the stadium during a game, they can just brush it off as "just a few people" and completely ignore it.

Thats on Vieira to me. Lampard is not a defensive sub. If anything he should have come on for pirlo. Mix plays defense, taking him out was dumb.

That's not hindsight either. I am sure many of you thought that was a dumb sub also when it happened

100% agree. I would have bet anything that Lamp was coming in for Pirlo and I was surprised to see Mix come out. It was very hot yesterday...can't have all older guys playing the midfield when trying to close a game out. It was a questionable series of subs.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT