Orlando Postmatch

For those of you who were at the game, was the restart after the scuffle between Villa and Shea a free kick for Orlando? On TV, we don't get to see it as I believe that's why Villa is arguing with the refs after the game as it leads to the tying goal.

The referee never points which way as they're both going at it on the ground. They were on a replay on TV during the restart.

Any word on Harrison? Strange he didn't even make the bench after getting some props from PV last week.

I caught part of Vieira's press conference on facebook and he got asked about him. I didn't catch the full answer but I believe it was somewhere along the lines of that he's only just recovered from injury, and PV didn't feel he was ready for another game yet.

Reactions: danger
I decided that Thursday will be the first game I don't tune into. I don't care if it makes me a bad fan or whatever but obviously the team either doesn't want to put 90 minutes of effort in and I can go to the bar or a movie or watch the NBA finals or the Yankees instead.

This hurts more than what happened last Saturday. Orlando scores at 94' there was only supposed to be 93'. Fuck the ref. A few other notes:
- I don't understand our substitutions at all. Frank Lampard for TMac at 77' then Mendoza for Mix at 85'? Mix is better at defending that Frank even having played 85 minutes. I would have liked to have seen Mendoza for TMac at 75' then Frank for Pirlo at the 80'. If we needed another sub, Diego Martinez for Shelton and just stuff the midfield in a 4-4-2 type formation.
- Frank looked good out there.
- Iraola was solid and found his place for the next couple weeks at CDM until Bravo comes back.
- Too much water on the field. It was a slip and slide. See David Villa.
- David Villa should be taking our free kicks close to goal. He was very good on them last year and Pirlo hasn't done shit with them. Put the goalscorer on them. For fuck sake.
- Why did she wear a wedding dress to sign the national anthem? One of the most fucked up things this season. (Last week was the red wedding).
- The supporters need to be chanting the entire game. There were many dull passages of minutes.

- Mix was absolutely devisasted at the end. He just sat on the bench for a good five minutes just starring out at nowhere. Told him we have 19 games left and a game Thursday, have short term memory. He smiled and said, "I know but this one hurts."

We need to win the next two games at home. NEED.

Didn't RJ get a yellow? Didn't Saunders get a yellow? Step up your game MLSsoccer.com

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 7.44.48 PM.png

Khiry Shelton is just kinda lazy. It's starting to get annoying.
Don't know if he is lazy but he just does not have a great first touch. He always overplays the ball by a yard. Also, he was completely gassed at the 65 minute mark. He should have been subbed then. Strong and direct but lacks the first and last touch. My 2 cents.

Third of all how the fuck does the ref Allow the game to go almost to the 94th minute without any major delay in extra time?
Did you not see the mini-melee that took 45 seconds? Ref got the time exactly right. I was counting.

I'll give you the throw in spot, but really, a team this incompetent at home can't complain about a throw-in spot. Plus that PK call was a gift to us and there was at least one PK it looked like they should have had that never happenned.

We are just stunningly inept at home.

EDIT: I'm now reading the PK was a handball? If so I totally missed that, and my bad. But the rest stands.

Last edited:
Did you not see the mini-melee that took 45 seconds? Ref got the time exactly right. I was counting.

I'll give you the throw in spot, but really, a team this incompetent at home can't complain about a throw-in spot. Plus that PK call was a gift to us and there was at least one PK it looked like they should have had that never happenned.

We are just stunningly inept at home.
Agree. Not a pk from where i was standing.

Has Mendoza ever tried to ice a soccer game in injury time? Dribble to the corner. And stay there. Don't go to goal. Don't try to score. Don't cross it. Don't give up goal kicks. Turning it over twice is inexcusable. That's the game right there. Doesn't excuse the rest of the lapses, but come on. I was screaming it out in real time, and knew it would cost us.

Speaking of the PK, can someone pretty please photoshop Lucy Van Pelt into it for me?

- Frank looked good out there.

Hate to admit it but yeah, I can see him scoring/creating a lot of goals this year. If he fuckin keeps playing. Wouldn't that be a nice development in the end.