Orlando Postmatch

If just to shake things up, can we please start Lurch on Thursday?????

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I have a completely different view of this game.

Yes, it's unbelievable we conceded that goal. Shocking, awful, ridiculous, disappointing, all of it.

But I look at this game differently. All week, we were wondering what the Red Bulls game would do to this group. And for the most part, I think we got our answer. And we got a good answer. I thought this team was composed, played with confidence, didn't allow Orlando much of anything for large stretches. I thought Saunders was terrific (first goal was a deflection, second goal maybe he could have done better, but generally speaking he was very good). Without two of our most important players, we were really quite good for large stretches.

I mean, I was really worried what last week would do, how long it would take them to get over it. And they really settled into the game nicely.

On a micro level, this game was hugely disappointing. Losing those two points is awful. But on a macro level, this was a very encouraging performance that tells us our team is mentally strong, and capable of bouncing back. I think, in the long run, that's far more important than what happened in the final seconds today.

I expect Hernandez to miss the next month with a fractured wrist the way, after ORL's second goal, he pounded the ground in a full-tilt tantrum like a three year old who'd just been told he can't ever use his binkie again.

EDIT: I say this not to fault the guy. More to recognize how much this pained him.

I expect Hernandez to miss the next month with a fractured wrist the way, after ORL's second goal, he pounded the ground in a full-tilt tantrum like a three year old who'd just been told he can't ever use his binkie again.

EDIT: I say this not to fault the guy. More to recognize how much this pained him.
You could see the team was gutted. I give them that.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Why not make a defensive substitution?
When he brought in Mendoza I was pretty shocked. I get that you already have 5 defenders counting Iraola but why take off Mix and bring in an attacker and then not even use a sub. I repeat... We didn't use a sub.

Reactions: Paul
Stupid stupid stupid. This game is on Saunders and the man that refuses not to start him. What were this idiotic subs - offensive players when leading? What kind of leadership is so important that the easy goals Saunders gives up are deemed acceptable? I don't even buy the argument that the first goal was a deflection - that happens every game so it can't be an outlier - but the header at the end was just a head shaker, the entire stadium knew where the cross was being lofted to, it was a nobrainer. I'd rather have a follower in goal and let somebody else provide the leadership- I can't accept that we've now given up four points in the last seconds of extra time - and Vieira doesn't get it. He's fcking stubborn and he's too muck like Arsene Wenger - beauty doesn't matter if you don't win the game - do whatever it take to win, and if that means bunkering by bringing in three defenders at the end, then so be it. And teach the wingers to go to the corner in extra time - no shots, no crosses, hold the ball... Are they ignoring instructions or are the instructions to score, because whatever they are the team is fcking it up. It's like the team is just mentally and psychologically weak, and that's on the coaching staff - oh wait, the leadership in goal should be propping them up - WTF?!? Last week sucked but today and that God-awful Montreal match hurts more because they were points we had secured and just let them walk away.... This one really hurts.