Orlando Postmatch

Just so, so disappointing. There were some bright spots. Thought White had a prett solid game. That Pirlo to Villa goal was amazing. Pretty much the perfect linkup we've been dreaming about since we brought in Pirlo. And blaming Saunders? Give me a break. Saunders had a very good game. The second Villa goal started with a great/quick throw fro, Saunders.

Thought Khiry had a pretty good game. But he was OBVIOUSLY gassed by the 75th. Absolutely should have been taken off. What the hell was PV thinking with subs tonight? Awful.

Just so, so disappointing. There were some bright spots. Thought White had a prett solid game. That Pirlo to Villa goal was amazing. Pretty much the perfect linkup we've been dreaming about since we brought in Pirlo. And blaming Saunders? Give me a break. Saunders had a very good game. The second Villa goal started with a great/quick throw fro, Saunders.

Thought Khiry had a pretty good game. But he was OBVIOUSLY gassed by the 75th. Absolutely should have been taken off. What the hell was PV thinking with subs tonight? Awful.
Was actually very impressed by White at RB for the first time. He still isn't great on the ball, but he helped to slow down Shea today considerably.

I really, really liked Iraola at CDM, and think his presence helps to keep teams from man marking Pirlo out of the match. He's not the destroyer that Bravo is, but he's capable defensively, and gives you much more playing out of the back.

I absolutely love RJ Allen -- I think he's been a revelation this year (give or take the RBNY game, where everyone was total shit). He's not at all suited to play on the left, but he still put in a good performance today with a couple of fantastic balls.

I understand why Shelton plays, but he's not suited to play winger. He's not a starting quality MLS player at this stage.

I wasn't watching Lampard, but I didn't see the positives that many of you saw. I don't think he's a part of a winning MLS midfield, particularly if you're trying to fit Pirlo into it. And Pirlo playing in a more advanced role is unquestionably the better player.

I actually thought this was one of Saunders' best games. Don't know how you can realistically blame him for the tie. Yankee stadium's pitch deserves more blame than Saunders.

I loved Andoni at DM. I love Bravo there, but Andoni was great IMO. A good problem to have.

Well... Minus the last 10 seconds the guys played much better.
I honestly think with Lampard on at the end we actually look dangerous going forward. His positioning is bar none. Always in the passing lane. Almost had the goal at the end by being perfectly placed in the box. Something we don't see from our other guys.
On to the next one.
Brillant Goal
Villa Goal
Missed PK
[voopl=2016-05-29][/voopl]
I honestly think bringing fat fuck on was a big reason we lost.

Reactions: gbservis and Jock
Didn't read the previous replies....

I ain't even mad at villa missing the PK....I honestly didn't think it was a handball since I think shelton shoved him as he passed by

But damn that defending fuuuuck come on....also a big WTF: why the fuck doesn't PV use all his subs? I mean put on an extra defender in stoppage time and they may not even get that chance come the fuck on

So yet another possible slam against me for the question i asked on the live chat?? Hey Anything could have caused Batman to slip and fail that pen shot!! I was just trying to make some sense of it all ! Like the answer to that other thread The craziest moments in sports history or that we've ever seen or something like that? Batman slipping like that is the craziest i'v seen in the last 24 hours! But Batman is still Batman! My Andrea is still Andrea! and Frank is still Fat! And as always i'm this forum's best target! In another words nothing changes! But Someone Please Tell Me How The Hell He Missed That Shot?? Thank-You!

Killer at the end. Thought we had played fairly well. That PK miss though. Feel bad for Villa, you know he is carrying that on his shoulders now.

Pirlo to Villa goal was gorgeous.

Thought Iraola was surprisingly not bad at CDM
He fucking should. That was an all time howler. And we lost with a draw. Goddamn right he needs to carry that.

You know who else should? Patrick Vieira and any other mother fucker with decision making power. He shit the bed horribly with his subs. No damn reason for FF or Mendoza.

Our team has no fucking balls. It's the CFG way. I'm dropping half my season tix next year.

Shelton looked so promising the first couple of games but he was really bad today. So many crosses either blocked or delivered to nowhere. And several balls from Pirlo that could have been great passes if Khiry would just make the run. The guy has blazing speed but never seemed to move faster than a trot. I don't get it. Khiry has twice the technique on the ball of Zardes but isn't half the player because he lacks the aggression and decision making that make Zardes so dangerous despite his heavy touch.

Mix wasn't great but he was good. Won many free kicks and had good defensive pressure.

Iraola had probably his best game for us playing out of position at CDM. Very comfortable distributing the ball and seemed to frequently find himself in space. As much as I've liked Bravo I think it is possible that we saw our best starting midfield trio today.

Interesting that Orlando seemed to focus on defending our right side with Khiry and Mix, frequently leaving RJ totally free. He was never able to punish them (except for the corner routine on the first goal) but he frequently came close. He's no Matarrita, but Orlando should respect his game more, they were lucky to escape.

Villa had a poor game overall, but the goal was a thing of beauty. I knew we would get a goal off of one of Saunders long throws to Villa at one point. I'd be willing to bet on at least one more by the end of the year.

Earlier in the season I had said that I thought Pirlo was better utilized farther back helping with distribution, but maybe he is better farther forward after all. He was solid today.

Saunders was neutral for me. I thought the first goal was a bit soft but it wasn't awful and he did have one very strong save.

Brillant may only be an average MLS defender defensively speaking but he clearly adds a lot to our set pieces and corners, he had three open headers today.

Kudos to PV for a good starting lineup but the Mendoza for Mix sub as well as the unused sub was really puzzling. I thought Lampard did well. He is really the perfect player to play at the front of a 4-4-2 diamond. Which sums up a lot of the problems with this team.

We really needed this win given the difficult games ahead.

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
There were good parts and bad parts of the specific match, but it has to be said that not getting three points against that Orlando team is a very poor result. They are a middling team in general, playing on the road after a midweek game, missing five starters give or take, including their two starting DM's AND had their two DMs who started in their place pick up yellow cards in the first ten minutes.

I'm as much about performance rather than individual results as just about anyone, but those are perhaps the worst points we've dropped all year if you think about the context of the match.

Fun story... Was in the middle of wedding ceremony watching the game on the watch ESPN app (bc I'm disrespectful and a psycho about this team) and when that game tying goal went in. I groaned what I thought was under my breath. The grooms mother was less hen impressed with my reaction towards what she thought was my opinion about her sons wedding.

I can't even get upset anymore at this team.

Actually I think football is about emtion and we have to enjoy the pain this makes us feel.
Too bad our team is owned by an organization that doesn't understand emotion. They don't get that being self-proclaimed smart isn't enough. Plenty smart & rich people who actually give enough fucks to show up.

Fuck this ownership. Seriously. They are garbage. I will never credit them, no matter what comes. They are dumb as a goddamn box of rocks.

There were good parts and bad parts of the specific match, but it has to be said that not getting three points against that Orlando team is a very poor result. They are a middling team in general, playing on the road after a midweek game, missing five starters give or take, including their two starting DM's AND had their two DMs who started in their place pick up yellow cards in the first ten minutes.

I'm as much about performance rather than individual results as just about anyone, but those are perhaps the worst points we've dropped all year if you think about the context of the match.
You know why we don't get 3? We are a bigger laughingstock than these banana republic owned idiot methhead rednecks. They at least have strategies from which to deviate.

Reactions: mgarbowski
You know why we don't get 3? We are a bigger laughingstock than these banana republic owned idiot methhead rednecks. They at least have strategies from which to deviate.

I've long thought that Orlando is one of the least talented but best coached teams in the league. I hate their players but respect their game.

We, of course, are exactly the opposite. Tons of talent but frequently seem to be missing the basics of team cohesion and communication.