Orlando Postmatch

Wow. The good news is we had chances to blow them out.

Pirlo was absolutely useless. Not a good sign. He's a negative right now.

Villa needs to finish his. But if our game plan was to lob balls into our 5'9" striker, that's an issue.

I'm in on Wallace. Needs to start. Linked up well with Matarrita who still hasn't learned how to defend.

I feel comfortable with our CB pairing for once.

Ring showed flashes. I think playing next to Pirlo takes away from Ring. I would like to see a Herrera/Ring partnership.

Harrison is still explosive. But we can't be crossing the ball with no target.

RJ allen wasn't crap tonight. He is what he is and I actually played a decent match.

Johnson didn't have much to do. I thought he was comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Shelton is just not good. Should be a sprinter. Maybe a WR. Tommy played well. Ugo was a difference maker.

Biggest issue? Maxi Moralez is a cute little player. it's one game, but there are non-DPs that look like bigger difference makers at the 10. Someone questioned whether he could compete physically in this league, and the answer tonight was NO. Similar issues with Pirlo. I liked his ability to find space and link up but he replaced a guy that scored 12 goals and finished chances. I promise to give him 10 matches but this was a thud for me tonight because he is a DP. TAM player? I'm ok with it.

Maxi can't do dick when he has to cover for Pirlo, who literally did fuck all when he could have broken up several dangerous attacks.

So while I agree on output, he's getting #mixxed right now by you. Goddamn. When will y'all learn what real fucking problem is? It isn't maxi any more than it was mix. We have old fucks massaging their prostates instead of playing, and then we blame the guys who bust their asses to make up for the geriatrics.

I guess I am completely clueless about soccer (played and coached my whole life so that is probably not the case) about the people calling Pirlo useless and that he played terribly. Any chance we had offensively was sparked by one of his insane passes. Is he a liability defensively? Definitely. But to say he was terrible today I think completely takes away from the fact he was picking out some absolutely filthy passes. If Villa finishes and I think Ring was one of the others, Pirlo finishes the game with two assists. Is the narrative he was still shit?

I think Moralez is worth every penny. He has an insane work rate but has a calmness about him on the ball.

RJ needs to be benched and we need to go 3-4-3.

It is nice to have a GK who can pass the ball.

Chanot and Callens look to form a formidable pairing at CB. I think our defense is definitely improved as a whole because of them and Sean John.

Definitely a frustrating loss. Orlando is not good and we were the better team, but can't underestimate a) how fired up they were being in their new stadium, b) away games are tough as is, and c) this team will take a few games to gel. Almost an entirely new starting lineup.

I am optimistic going forward and definitely think this squad is more talented than last year. I thought Ring was really good at times but I would like to see Herrera next to Pirlo to see if he can provide better defensive cover for Pirlo. I also wanna see a way to get Okoli and Villa on the field at the same time earlier in matches (go 3-3-4?)

That highlight doesn't show it. Larin goes down briefly right outside the box before the ball is dished out to Barnes who crosses it back in after Larin has regained his feet and started his drift to the far post.

So instead of maintaining the line and covering the in coming runners to the center Callens should leave the middle and go cover the wide right guy even though Mata is there?

I guess I am completely clueless about soccer (played and coached my whole life so that is probably not the case) about the people calling Pirlo useless and that he played terribly. Any chance we had offensively was sparked by one of his insane passes. Is he a liability defensively? Definitely. But to say he was terrible today I think completely takes away from the fact he was picking out some absolutely filthy passes. If Villa finishes and I think Ring was one of the others, Pirlo finishes the game with two assists. Is the narrative he was still shit?

I think Moralez is worth every penny. He has an insane work rate but has a calmness about him on the ball.

RJ needs to be benched and we need to go 3-4-3.

It is nice to have a GK who can pass the ball.

Chanot and Callens look to form a formidable pairing at CB. I think our defense is definitely improved as a whole because of them and Sean John.

Definitely a frustrating loss. Orlando is not good and we were the better team, but can't underestimate a) how fired up they were being in their new stadium, b) away games are tough as is, and c) this team will take a few games to gel. Almost an entirely new starting lineup.

I am optimistic going forward and definitely think this squad is more talented than last year. I thought Ring was really good at times but I would like to see Herrera next to Pirlo to see if he can provide better defensive cover for Pirlo. I also wanna see a way to get Okoli and Villa on the field at the same time earlier in matches (go 3-3-4?)
Pirlo is worthless in defense. Play him, and you give up the right to bitch about mix or maxi or anyone else not giving you anything going forward. They are smart players and they are doing what they know to be the right thing since we haven't made any tactical adjustment to unlock Pirlo that doesn't spread us out like drunken legs.

Pirlo created our only chances. I'm not sure that Pirlo playing isn't why Pirlo is the only one who can create our chances.

Pirlo is worthless in defense. Play him, and you give up the right to bitch about mix or maxi or anyone else not giving you anything going forward.

Are you willing to bench Pirlo because of his defense? Because I think our offensive production will suffer conversely. I think Ring needs to get driven into his skull that he is not a CAM or that you gotta play Herrera there.

So instead of maintaining the line and covering the in coming runners to the center Callens should leave the middle and go cover the wide right guy even though Mata is there?
No shit. Someone apparently listens to Twellman and takes it seriously.

Fucker played it on triple slow replay, missed 3 mistakes and blames Callens. Taylor. You retired too late. (That's mean of me.)

Reactions: gbservis
Are you willing to bench Pirlo because of his defense? Because I think our offensive production will suffer conversely. I think Ring needs to get driven into his skull that he is not a CAM or that you gotta play Herrera there.
Absofuckinglutely. No hesitation. In a motherfucking cocaine heartbeat.

Don't ever let that dude play an away game again.

(And yeah, ring is the crazy wild card. As likely to be beyond Villa as in the midfield. They did not work together.)

I think we are in the minority but I 100% agree, either those were PV instructions or Ring was way out of position. Maxi seemed to play more D than Ring. We need a D mid like Iraola next to Pirlo not a box to box playing like a wanna be CAM.

Reactions: twsj91 and dannd23
Wow. The good news is we had chances to blow them out.

Pirlo was absolutely useless. Not a good sign. He's a negative right now.

Villa needs to finish his. But if our game plan was to lob balls into our 5'9" striker, that's an issue.

I'm in on Wallace. Needs to start. Linked up well with Matarrita who still hasn't learned how to defend.

I feel comfortable with our CB pairing for once.

Ring showed flashes. I think playing next to Pirlo takes away from Ring. I would like to see a Herrera/Ring partnership.

Harrison is still explosive. But we can't be crossing the ball with no target.

RJ allen wasn't crap tonight. He is what he is and I actually played a decent match.

Johnson didn't have much to do. I thought he was comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Shelton is just not good. Should be a sprinter. Maybe a WR. Tommy played well. Ugo was a difference maker.

Biggest issue? Maxi Moralez is a cute little player. it's one game, but there are non-DPs that look like bigger difference makers at the 10. Someone questioned whether he could compete physically in this league, and the answer tonight was NO. Similar issues with Pirlo. I liked his ability to find space and link up but he replaced a guy that scored 12 goals and finished chances. I promise to give him 10 matches but this was a thud for me tonight because he is a DP. TAM player? I'm ok with it.
Mostly agree with this. Though I thought that Maxi (and Wallace) were the two best on the pitch however neither flawless. If we finished better, Maxi would have had what should have been 3 assists. He also was carrying the ball through the midfield, changing fields, and ping ponging short passes. He also broke up some plays covering for Pirlo. He did get tossed around a bit. I will admit that I probably have an inherent bias towards rooting for him so I am looking forward to seeing whether he lives up to that.

Absofuckinglutely. No hesitation. In a motherfucking cocaine heartbeat.

Don't ever let that dude play an away game again.

My problem with this is no player on the roster or the league for that matter can pick out the passes Pirlo does. You completely lose a dimension of our deadly attack if you bench Pirlo. I will concede, however, that we may just have to build up differently in the attack without him. I can fully acknowledge he is a defensive liability, but we have always known this. We need to find the midfield pairing with Pirlo that will work. I do think Ring can do it, but he definitely didn't this time around.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Mostly agree with this. Though I thought that Maxi (and Wallace) were the two best on the pitch however neither flawless. If we finished better, Maxi would have had what should have been 3 assists. He also was carrying the ball through the midfield, changing fields, and ping ponging short passes. He also broke up some plays covering for Pirlo. He did get tossed around a bit. I will admit that I probably have an inherent bias towards rooting for him so I am looking forward to seeing whether he lives up to that.
Dude, he's on his way to being Mixed. All the shit you're saying is what Mix was doing, too. But he "didn't produce".

Yeah, I told y'all I'm sanctimonious about being right. Wasn't lying.

My problem with this is no player on the roster or the league for that matter can pick out the passes Pirlo does. You completely lose a dimension of our deadly attack if you bench Pirlo. I will concede, however, that we may just have to build up differently in the attack without him. I can fully acknowledge he is a defensive liability, but we have always known this. We need to find the midfield pairing with Pirlo that will work. I do think Ring can do it, but he definitely didn't this time around.
Deadly attack? Who are you watching?

It's one or the other, either we bench Pirlo and let Ring and Herrera run free like like ring did tonight or you leave Pirlo in and park one of them next to him. You can bet on Pirlo's passing and cover for his limitations properly or you take him off the field. Tonight was PV trying to have the best of both worlds. Either ring F'ed up or PV literally thought he could swap Pirlo for Iraola.

I wish you would offer more than your opinion.

Because I'll back mine up with saying watch the difference in defending by Matarrita when CR plays the USA and then when he plays for us.

Sorry to fuck up your world paradigm, but people in every job at every company mail it in. And you think athletes are different?

ETA: Agree about the game on the whole. Disagree with your assertion, as indicated above. Completely think Mata mails it in regularly. He's a big half-asser.

My perception is that sports are not like other jobs -- it's their life's passion. I do think athletes are different in that way.

As for Matarrita, I don't think his problem is a lack of care. I think too much passion makes players do things they shouldn't. And I wonder if it's also coaching -- does Vieira want him doing one thing, while his CR coach wants him doing something else? And does that chnage the way he plays? I don't think it's a like-for-like comparison.

Dude, he's on his way to being Mixed. All the shit you're saying is what Mix was doing, too. But he "didn't produce".

Yeah, I told y'all I'm sanctimonious about being right. Wasn't lying.
Google Translate Spanish to English would totally fuck up poetry.

Fair. I think some other factors should be looked at those 0 goals in 3 games though, such as Mikey Lopez being one of the starters in two of them lol.
Definitely. But those other factors aren't going away, even if we've improved.

I will freely admit Pirlo was our only dangerous passer tonight, outside of a few others here and there.

But he was always the only guy back with Chanot and Callens. That cannot stand or we will lose a whole shitload of games.