Untold Stories

I’m talking about Stiven Mendoza, Shannon Gomez, or Poku who’s all the way in Russia right now. Why can’t someone give them a call and ask?

Or maybe the massage therapist from that season knows something? Or a water boy...
Most of those guys don't have detailed knowledge of what's going on but the real answer to that is...

There aren't that many agents in MLS (there are very small margins) so don't be surprised to learn that Mix, Poku and Shannon Gomez all have the same agent (seriously). It's a very small and tight knit family, and leaking something like that means they'll lose a big client base when a team refuses to sign their players in the future.

As interesting as it would be to find out the truth, I'm much more interested in the big fish (the stadium) so I've been focusing all my research into that for now.

Most of those guys don't have detailed knowledge of what's going on but the real answer to that is...

There aren't that many agents in MLS (there are very small margins) so don't be surprised to learn that Mix, Poku and Shannon Gomez all have the same agent (seriously). It's a very small and tight knit family, and leaking something like that means they'll lose a big client base when a team refuses to sign their players in the future.

As interesting as it would be to find out the truth, I'm much more interested in the big fish (the stadium) so I've been focusing all my research into that for now.

Is there anything you think you're on to regarding the stadium? Or it's just searching city records? Has there been any chatter about something soon? (We've seen the Chavez tweet)

Is there anything you think you're on to regarding the stadium? Or it's just searching city records? Has there been any chatter about something soon? (We've seen the Chavez tweet)
There's definitely a lot of behind the scenes politicking being done by the team in addition to all their very public community efforts. Maybe this is the weekend I actually sit down and start pulling all the records together into something that makes for easy reading.

I've seen the same rumors and asked him about it but he's not talking.

What's the tweet?

Has the Chavez signal to noise ratio improved any? My sense is not that he makes things up, but he will repeat anything anyone tells him about NYCFC with no filter other than whether he can spin it in support of the eternal glory of NYCFC and its fans. Which is fine except it seems maybe only 20% of his stuff pans out, as of back when I still paid attention to him.

Has the Chavez signal to noise ratio improved any? My sense is not that he makes things up, but he will repeat anything anyone tells him about NYCFC with no filter other than whether he can spin it in support of the eternal glory of NYCFC and its fans. Which is fine except it seems maybe only 20% of his stuff pans out, as of back when I still paid attention to him.

Don’t pay that close attention either. Probably still mostly full of it. But a broken clock is right twice a day. So keep making predictions and eventually you can take credit.

I was a little surprised this was being shared/taken seriously. I don’t make any effort to follow what he’s saying but when it does cross my path it still seems to lack objectivity or validity. It’s just as or even more likely whatever information he got is the same as what has been covered here, or he got it by lurking here in the first place.

Don’t pay that close attention either. Probably still mostly full of it. But a broken clock is right twice a day. So keep making predictions and eventually you can take credit.
And especially in regards to a stadium announcement. Its one thing to get out in front of a new signing and "get credit" for it, but doing so for the stadium announcement is a much bigger ordeal.

And especially in regards to a stadium announcement. Its one thing to get out in front of a new signing and "get credit" for it, but doing so for the stadium announcement is a much bigger ordeal.

I like how people's predictions are always that the team will provide an "update" in the near future. Like yeah, I can predict that the subway conductor is going to squawk something painfully loud and unintelligible every few minutes but that won't get this stalled train rolling any faster.

How does it feel to be squirted on by David Villa every week?

... Gate
Actually, on this one, this would be a fun story to dig up.

How did this all start? I'm assuming one game Villa just did it in jest, and maybe had a great game, so he kept doing it, or something along those lines.

I feel like this is a fairly easy, fun story to throw out there on a slow news day.

Maybe this is the weekend I actually sit down and start pulling all the records together into something that makes for easy reading.
giphy.gif