Untold Stories

adam

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 30, 2014
LBNY
There's been a lot of interaction between fans and the front office and players, but there are still some stories that we never got the answers endings for and it drives me crazy:

#1 The Stadium - I don't think we'll ever really find out till it's over.

#2 Mix - Don't we all still want to know what happened? Are we all too afraid to ask PV when we see him? Has NYCFCfan tried reaching out to former players who were on the team to ask? 2A: How could you start Mikey Lopez in the playoffs when a healthy Mix was available? It's still even topical because ManCity signed and loaned him out, probably to keep his mouth shut.

#3 CCL 2019 Qualification - The club has never told us their side of the story. Did they (& CCL) want NYCFC to qualify and MLS blocked them? Was it just a big mistake?

I'm sure there are a few others out there I can't remember at the moment. Can anyone else think of some?

I think some posters here hyped up #3 way too much. It was very clear that MLS and US Soccer wanted to change how the 2019 squad was selected and there was a misinterpretation between MLS/US Soccer and CONCACAF that was cleared up.

Lampard's contract has never been fully addressed. Do we know what he was signing in July 2015? Was he every fully under MLS contract? Did we loan him to MCFC or was he loaned out to us?

I can't believe you forgot
Lampard
What was the original plan? He was signed to a contract with MC in 2014. NYCFC, Man City and MLS all lied and announced he signed with us and that he was loaned to Man City. Which would lead one to conclude it was always the plan for him to stay at Man City all year. Except that in the Win! movie, it is clear that both Kreis and Reyna were blindsided by the decision. But then why did they mislead us about the original signing? Indeed, why was he even signed to Man City in the first place if that wasn't the plan? And why did they have no story ready when they made the announcement he was staying at MC through the end of the season. Man City told the press a bad lie -- that he had only originally signed a half-year contract that was extended, but the sports press over there called them on that immediately because a contract that ends midseason is not allowed by any governing body. Finally, I still suspect he was injured at Man City 2015 and that is why he delayed coming here in 2015 beyond what the rules required, and why he missed games that year and the first half of 2016. Evidence for that is indirect, but consistent with what we know. I doubt we will ever find out.

George John
Comparatively minor, but we never got the full story of his contractual relationship with the team during 2015 while he was trying to rehab. I think it's likely they paid for his rehab off the books and beyond what was required, but again we don't know.

I agree with EganSoccerWords derek_villa about #3. There was poor drafting and poor communication between MLS and CONCACAF, but no real mystery or scandal. The intent was always for qualification to work in the way they clarified it and that didn't help NYCFC.

There's been a lot of interaction between fans and the front office and players, but there are still some stories that we never got the answers endings for and it drives me crazy:

#2 Mix - Don't we all still want to know what happened? Are we all too afraid to ask PV when we see him? Has NYCFCfan tried reaching out to former players who were on the team to ask? 2A: How could you start Mikey Lopez in the playoffs when a healthy Mix was available? It's still even topical because ManCity signed and loaned him out, probably to keep his mouth shut.

#3 CCL 2019 Qualification - The club has never told us their side of the story. Did they (& CCL) want NYCFC to qualify and MLS blocked them? Was it just a big mistake?

I'm sure there are a few others out there I can't remember at the moment. Can anyone else think of some?

Im in a snapchat group with mix (dont ask) and he said hes not allowed to talk about it.

Fox, FX, or FX8 are debuting the series in 2019 in the Tuesday 2am time slot, right after reruns of the X-Files.

Reactions: adam
Im in a snapchat group with mix (dont ask) and he said hes not allowed to talk about it.
Obviously a NDA has been put into place. That may explain the continued contractual support and signing/loaning ergo active club status that Mix enjoys.

However, if there was a need for a NDA, then CFG et al know that they wronged Mix in such a way that at the least it would result in bad press, and the worst it is/was something beyond that. Either way, an agreement of some kind was put into place.

Connor Brandt-He makes it seem nycfc medical staff either misdiagnosed him or something that lead to his career ending....but i never knew whole story

Reactions: SoupInNYC
he said hes not allowed to talk about it.

Which always read to me as: I had a contract. They wanted me to allow them to snake me out of my contract so they could do other things. I was like, "Fuck you. Pay me." Since they couldn't void my contract, they benched me and tried to ruin me in the market after NYCFC.

For me, there's still a lot of mystery around the Harrison deal. What exactly happened in the bidding war? What's NYCFC's plan for the money now that the 2018 roster rules appear to have ruled out buying a new DP?

1. The Stadium
2. Mix
3. 2019 CCL Qualification
4. Frank Lampardgate
5. Harrison's Transfer Saga
6. Connor Brandt Medical Saga
7. Beaniegate
8. George John
9. Kreis "Play Like a Dick" Gate
10. Tommy McNamara Hairgate

How does it feel to be squirted on by David Villa every week?

... Gate

He cut his hair for the TR x NYCFC x M&N shoot. I insisted that we HAD to have Mac included though others involved were convinced he wouldn't do it. He did it and even cut his hair for it. He is a dope human being.
For as much hate that Tommy gets for his play, he seems like a stand up human being. If there's someone in the club who will remain involved as a commentator or similar, it's definitely him.