Per Twellman - Jozy Altidore Negotiating With Mls - Nycfc Not Involved

Reports this morning that he wants what Michael Bradley is making. TFC balking at that number. Graeme Bailey on Sirius XM

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I don't see the reasoning behind bringing the MNT players to canada. They get overpaid because everyone knows them here and wants them in the US, does TO have that same feeling?

Reactions: Kjbert
What other MLS team wants Jozy and have the money to pull it off. He is a Miami guy but the team there isn't ready.

Thing is, Toronto has a lot of money. They don't want to make dumb financial decisions, but they can afford to.

QPR can't.

What if a team with the money to do so and the open DP position wanted to buy another team's player, could they?

If DC United wanted Graham Zusi, they couldn't buy him, right?

Reactions: Gazza_55
Thing is, Toronto has a lot of money. They don't want to make dumb financial decisions, but they can afford to.

QPR can't.

What if a team with the money to do so and the open DP position wanted to buy another team's player, could they?

If DC United wanted Graham Zusi, they couldn't buy him, right?

I seem to recall intra-league transfers can only be done via the trade system.

I seem to recall intra-league transfers can only be done via the trade system.
If that is the case and they want Defoe then they need to bring the price down and Seattle is the only other MLS team with the players to trade.