Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
I once had a colleague who represented another law firm on a collection matter trying to get the other firm's former client to pay his bills. The guy had gone to extraordinary lengths to make himself judgment proof even though he had access to a lot of money. When I asked my colleague what was the nature of the matter in which that the other firm represented the former client, he said that they represented that client in an earlier collection case where his previous attorneys were trying to get paid.

If Miami hires Vieira it will be 2 consecutive jobs in which he abandoned a team mid-season for a new more shiny position.

Sometimes you deserve what happens to you.

I once had a colleague who represented another law firm on a collection matter trying to get the other firm's former client to pay his bills. The guy had gone to extraordinary lengths to make himself judgment proof even though he had access to a lot of money. When I asked my colleague what was the nature of the matter in which that the other firm represented the former client, he said that they represented that client in an earlier collection case where his previous attorneys were trying to get paid.

If Miami hires Vieira it will be 2 consecutive jobs in which he abandoned a team mid-season for a new more shiny position.

Sometimes you deserve what happens to you.

i thought miami already had a coach and hadnt changed their mind but were just waiting until january 1st to announce? that headline (didn't read the article) makes it sound like they're still trying to find a coach.

i thought miami already had a coach and hadnt changed their mind but were just waiting until january 1st to announce? that headline (didn't read the article) makes it sound like they're still trying to find a coach.
Until you read something sourced by a named club official on the record, nothing is certain. And sometimes, not even then.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Reactions: Kjbert
Though to be fair, we have a long way to go to become the shitshow the Revs have been for all but a couple of years, our first five seasons have been way more successful than theirs, and while we don’t know who the coach will be next, the pool from which we are drawing has been far superior to that of the Revs and our overall trajectory has been up, so far. They still play on plastic in a morgue in the exurbs. I’ll still take either of our homes over that place.

Haha it's definitely a trip. I think he followed me right after one of the match reports I wrote for The Outfield.
Okay, I’m now imagining that glorious warm happy fuzzy moment on Christmas morning when the gift of The Dome interview is given to all the good girls and boys of the NYCFC community. This is gonna be the best Christmas, Chanukah, Solstice,Kwanza...

Okay, I’m now imagining that glorious warm happy fuzzy moment on Christmas morning when the gift of The Dome interview is given to all the good girls and boys of the NYCFC community. This is gonna be the best Christmas, Chanukah, Solstice,Kwanza...
Damn Christmas is gonna be tough to turnaround. Maybe Orthodox Christmas? :joycat:

MLS website now saying that Inter Miami is "confident" they will hire Vieira.

If another MLS team hires Patrick, does that add to the weight of evidence that something is amiss with Club leadership in NYC? When he left, the narrative was that he was leaving a successful run in MLS to move up and coach in Europe. So, what happens to that narrative when he leaves said European job to take a different MLS job? On top of having his successor leave a successful run for no new job in particular and the GM leave for an expansion team.

If another MLS team hires Patrick, does that add to the weight of evidence that something is amiss with Club leadership in NYC? When he left, the narrative was that he was leaving a successful run in MLS to move up and coach in Europe. So, what happens to that narrative when he leaves said European job to take a different MLS job? On top of having his successor leave a successful run for no new job in particular and the GM leave for an expansion team.

I didn't need Vieira going elsewhere in MLS to know that our leadership and HO is in shambles.

Vieira coming back to MLS doesn't necessarily mean he had a falling out with club leadership. Vieira had aspirations of going to europe to coach. He did it when he had the opportunity but unfortunately, he's not doing so well in his first full season and it's probably safe to say he's in somewhat of a hot seat at Nice.

I think him coming back to MLS is moreso his admitting he failed in Europe and wants to leave on his own terms rather than being fired. It's either MLS or going to a lower division team. He's basically following Henry's example.

Reactions: Kjbert and Revfugee
Vieira coming back to MLS doesn't necessarily mean he had a falling out with club leadership. Vieira had aspirations of going to europe to coach. He did it when he had the opportunity but unfortunately, he's not doing so well in his first full season and it's probably safe to say he's in somewhat of a hot seat at Nice.

I think him coming back to MLS is moreso his admitting he failed in Europe and wants to leave on his own terms rather than being fired. It's either MLS or going to a lower division team. He's basically following Henry's example.
This. And who says CFG wants him back? Leaving a club mid season probably doesn’t exactly sit well with upper management.

Reactions: Kjbert and Revfugee
I don't think Vieira coming back says anything about us. He left to try his hand at Europe. He hasn't quite failed but he hasn't shone either for sure so he might be open to a return to MLS. But he can't come back to NYCFC. We're not the Yankees and he's not Billy Martin. One and done, especially if you abandon us mid-season.

Hoe much GAM/TAM do we get?

Last edited:

It says that he thinks he's about to get fired by Nice and so is trying to find a soft landing spot. I don't think it says anything about NYCFC. The move to France was a no-brainer for him at the time, though I wonder if we've been in contact with him.