Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
There’s sense to this but unless they’re going to announce Kreis or “The RBA Series” I can’t imagine what it is.

RBA series......what if Yankee stadium/Citifield/MCU ballpark got rejected for CCL and the club is trying to decide the lesser of two evils between playing at RBA or forfeiting?

RBA series......what if Yankee stadium/Citifield/MCU ballpark got rejected for CCL and the club is trying to decide the lesser of two evils between playing at RBA or forfeiting?

Hartford (though on a weekday would be dead)...

Remember how we were debating hosting MLS Cup at RBA. I'd still take forfeiture for CCL.

Reactions: Kjbert
I doubt MLS and USSoccer would allow the team to forfeit due to venue.

The venue may very well be an issue which the club to scared to disseminate to the fans - completely plausible.

No way, have you seen some of those Central American stadiums and Caribbean stadiums that concacaf still allow them to play in? Even MCU works. Not even dimensions I think are an issue to concacaf.

Can you imagine if Citi field or Yankee stadium was not approved by CCL? The fans of the rest of the league would be all "I told you so. That field is too small".

They'll probably say that anyway if we play anywhere other than Yankee stadium or Citi field

CFG is pulling out and selling their ownership? I'm just gonna assume the worst so I'm not so disappointed in the actual announcement.

You are all going overboard with some of this. CFG In “more control” now and we seeing effects of it.

This means they all got holiday break and don’t come back till Thursday to figure things out. I’m not saying it’s the best management strategy but it’s what most likely is happening.

CFG is pulling out and selling their ownership? I'm just gonna assume the worst so I'm not so disappointed in the actual announcement.
That would actually be a good thing, unless they sold to the Kosmos' owner......

Camp is in 12 days. No coach. No rumors. No statements.

giphy.gif

Camp is in 12 days. No coach. No rumors. No statements.

giphy.gif
What if we just have everything lined up since like April, and therefore no one had any rumors bc no one was expecting that... and now the office is closed, so there's no way for reporters to get reportin' and they just come back on thursday like 'ahhh nice break. Oh shit, we forgot that announcement!'
:|

What if we just have everything lined up since like April, and therefore no one had any rumors bc no one was expecting that... and now the office is closed, so there's no way for reporters to get reportin' and they just come back on thursday like 'ahhh nice break. Oh shit, we forgot that announcement!'
I'm curious if the CBA may be an obstacle here. (Not trying to give the club an excuse)

As I was pondering this situation yesterday, I also considered an alternative silly theory similar to this. That the club hired a coach about 10 days after Torrent quit and just has not announced it because they're obsessive about secrecy. I decided going out of business was more fun.

As ridiculous as these ideas are, I find the reality nearly as bizarre: that less than 2 weeks before camp opens they have no coach, and no potential hires have been seen visiting Manchester by the English press, and nobody has been spotted in NYC, and not a single agent has leaked anything.

This is going to end up with them promoting some in-house hire who is well over his head because they didn't bother to conduct a search. Prove me wrong.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
This is going to end up with them promoting some in-house hire who is well over his head because they didn't bother to conduct a search. Prove me wrong.
If it's an in-house hire, I wouldn't be concerned about coaching ability (see PV and Dome). There are other issues discussed ad nauseam, but chops likely won't be the issue.