Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

"One familiar face awaits Ronny in the NYCFC locker room. Winger Gary Mackay-Steven was brought to Celtic Park by Deila from Dundee in his first year as Celtic boss"

:angry: :rage: :triumph: :poutingcat: :angry: :rage: :triumph: :poutingcat: :angry: :rage: :triumph: :poutingcat: :angry: :rage: :triumph: :poutingcat:

giphy.gif
I don't get it? That's where he was signed from no?

• Angry
Reactions: Kjbert and Jock
better pic:

Thale something...?

EDIT:

Deila has the names of his 14-year-old twin daughters, Thale and Live, tattooed along his right arm. Now separated from their mother Bjorgunn, he had to accept leaving them behind when he accepted the challenge Celtic offered him.

better pic:

Thale something...?

EDIT:

He seems like an unusually honest and open person. His candor in that Scotsman article is extraordinary.

“But with my kids I asked them what they thought about me coming here, I asked them if it was okay with them. They saw in my face, though, that they couldn’t say no. I think I manipulated them pretty well! But they are proud of me, I can see that."

CFG fumbling with their family tree candidates may work out to our advantage with a guy who doesn't appear as likely to bolt or be promoted internally. And are we really going to do that much better than someone like this in MLS? It's MLS, and we play in a baseball stadium. He's a guy with some success in the top tier. Even our CFG affiliated coaches (both who I thought were terrific) were a newbie and an assistant - they weren't top guys in the coaching echelon. Assuming we still consider those two to be A-Minus level managers by virtue of the CFG connection - I will still take the B-Plus quality guy looking for tenure vs. 1.5 seasons of an A-Minus CFG peg. I have been preaching that, so I will continue to go with it.
No. I like this hire.

Reactions: JayH
Reactions: Kjbert
IF I the biggest (possibly only) Rangers supporter on here can have an open mind about bringing in a former Celtic boss so should everyone else. :D

Seriously welcome Ronny , no idea how he'll do but I can only wish the best for our sake.
WATP

• Haha
Reactions: Jock