RUMOR: Messi/Pep to MCFC and NYCFC

Everything I’ve read so far from ‘sources’ close to Messi indicate he no longer believes he’s even on the club and that the season extension also extended his clause which he triggered and left. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in fact in talks with City that their lawyers are instructing him to take that route.
I'd think his best legal course of action would be for a judge to declare that a €700M release clause is absurd and abusive, and have it reduced to something like €300M. Still outrageous, but there are at least two or three clubs who could afford it.

I'd think his best legal course of action would be for a judge to declare that a €700M release clause is absurd and abusive, and have it reduced to something like €300M. Still outrageous, but there are at least two or three clubs who could afford it.
I think at the end of the day they’re using that clause for leverage and what will end up happening is they accept a record bid and players as well.

are man city/ psg really gonna pay 300M for basically a rental of services since he is out of contract next year. i feel messi camp is basically going all out to push to be free to go any where. i feel like the longer this goes the more it hurts barcelona, they still have suarez, vidal and others to offload too and try to get some players to replace them. the season starts in two weeks they got to figure this out quick.

I read yesterday that there isn't even a 700m release clause in his contract.

this whole drama now got me like

giphy.gif

Haha that's incredible.

I had to go for No Messi. Yes, him playing for us could be transformative. But however well he did, playing in NJ for two years is more of an existential risk to the club than simply 'not having Lionel Messi'.

Plus - I don't want to go to RBA for two years. Come on man.

Reactions: moogoo
Haha that's incredible.

I had to go for No Messi. Yes, him playing for us could be transformative. But however well he did, playing in NJ for two years is more of an existential risk to the club than simply 'not having Lionel Messi'.

Plus - I don't want to go to RBA for two years. Come on man.

yea i def. dont want to trek it to RBA all the time either. i'd pick no messi too. love the guy, but if it's not in NYC i'd feel like we betrayed the soul of the club.

Massive slap in the face to RBNJ fans if we’re playing in their stadium with one of the greatest players to ever play on our squad. I’d actually enjoy that. If the other option was no Messi, own stadium. Then yes.

RBA full capacity is ~25,000. Yankee Stadium capacity is 47,309. No financial reason to hold the games at RBA. MetLife on the other hand is another question and even more of a pain to get to through public transportation.

RBA full capacity is ~25,000. Yankee Stadium capacity is 47,309. No financial reason to hold the games at RBA. MetLife on the other hand is another question and even more of a pain to get to through public transportation.

yankee stadium capacity doesn't matter if we'd have no messi with that choice

If we have Messi and YS. Do you really think we’re opening up the 300 & 400 levels each match?