Seattle Postmatch

Agreed. A makeup PK. Everything evens out.

Twellman was freaking out for over five minutes how it wasn't a penalty. I normally enjoy his commentary but too often he gets on caught up in controversial plays, calls, or no calls. It's like dude, that was 10 minutes ago, Adrian Healy was talking about something completely different, and Twellman would go back to that subject.

Agree with you on wallaces energy and defensive presence. He's just not finishing the way he was to start the season.
He finishes fine given what he means to the team. He's not Sadio Mane, for God's sake. But he makes 250k per year, not 5 million, so he does a damn fine impersonation that I can live with.

I don't think you are fully appreciating how shit the pitch was, and how much his early goals and every goal he scores for us will come mostly from hustle plays he makes. He wasnt finishing any better or worse then, we were just getting more shit around the goalmouth for him to clean up. That's not what we're doing now that Jack has become more lethal.

Also, Julie Stewart Binks was wearing sneakers. Alex Kraemer was hearing wedge heels. At least the later had a rain jacket. It was funny seeing her walk around.

There was a graphic about Rodney Wallace on the jumbotron and the camera was on Ethan White. The subs, including White, saw this and started laughing.

Last edited:
Ahh, if you'll notice, my posts reflect how we play, regardless of result.

Unsurprisingly, when we play in a way of which I'm okay, we usually win. Not a shocker there.

But still never okay with Ucubed and Lopez. They just suck.

Oh, and yet another final thought, Pirlo has def been Mixed. And I'm way more okay with that than I was with Mix being Mixed.

Well, Pirlo was on the 18. And maybe PV didn't want to risk his old bones in such a crappy, full contact match. But yes, it doesn't look he'll ever start again. Unless Maxi's injury is serious.

I just hope Matarrita comes back soon and stays fit, because he's becoming our 2017 version of Lampard. Minus the goals.
You shouldn't say Matarrita is worthless, which is what you just did. If you take away Lampard's goals, what was his function again? Because, to me, that's all he could offer. I do want Mata back ASAP, but mostly because Sweat is donkey balls. It's certainly in no way I can readily see analogous to Lampard.

Well, Pirlo was on the 18. And maybe PV didn't want to risk his old bones in such a crappy, full contact match. But yes, it doesn't look he'll ever start again. Unless Maxi's injury is serious.
Mix made a few 18s, too, and had similarly, vaguely complimentary comments from the manager.

Again, this was a game of us not finishing chances. Wallace had two. Villa his the crossbar. Okoli was clear on goal and Frei made a great save.

I think there were three opportunities where he had a chance on goal and no defenders in front of us and didn't convert on any of those chances.

Frankly, I don't see how you can complain about missed chances this game.

It was slop they were playing in, and it was half a miracle any goals were scored.

I'm critical, of course. But I feel like I'm at least reasonable in understanding the circumstances. Some of you guys act like it wasn't an Old Testament flood out there. It was.

I have to presume you weren't in attendance. It was literally the wettest, in a soaked and plodding way, I've ever been at a stadium. I can't imagine the pitch was better. Mainly, because I saw first hand it was not. That shit was unplayable, and yet, we fought out a win. Other than Ucubed being doodoo, there's nothing to analyze here. And even he actually contributed a bit to the effort, credit for which goes entirely to PV for recognizing that he is indeed useless in 98% of the scenarios one would face in a match and limiting his influence to almost entirely consist of that 2%.

Hererra drew at least three yellows and maybe a fourth. Can't remember. He needs to be protected because guys fly into him. He's like a young, dominant Yaya... now if only he learns to shoot from distance....

It may be, but today isn't the day you prove that point. It actually should stand as a model of excellence that it held up so well.
Are you kidding? The field didn't drain at all. They don't play baseball in the rain. Rfk holds up better than that in the rain. That was an embarrassment today. And that wasn't even a soccer game.

Are you kidding? The field didn't drain at all. They don't play baseball in the rain. Rfk holds up better than that in the rain. That was an embarrassment today. And that wasn't even a soccer game.

I don't know -- it was raining HARD. That was torrential rain for two full hours. I actually think it held up well all things concerned. I actually thought the infield part of the field held up even better than the outfield. The grounds crew actually did a pretty good job today all things considered. There are a lot of fields where that game has to be suspended.

The field looked like one or those cricket grounds in a torrential storm that you see in the Caribbean. Pure CONCACAF field.

The only time I have seen rain that hard at a game was for the USMNT's game against Germany in Recife where it rained for like 48 hours straight. And the field there was 10x better.

Is it safe to assume that no drainage is built into the field because baseball isn't played in the rain? If this is a Yankee game the tarp is on and they are waiting for 3 hours in that type of weather.

Hererra drew at least three yellows and maybe a fourth. Can't remember. He needs to be protected because guys fly into him. He's like a young, dominant Yaya... now if only he learns to shoot from distance....

Herrera is a beast. Him and Ring just ran circles around Ozzie Alonso and Roldan, which is an MLS-cup winning midfield. Daddy Yangkee's name should be written on ink on the team sheet.

Raise your hand if you can't wait to see Ring/Herrera/Maxi against RBNY next week.
giphy.gif

The field looked like one or those cricket grounds in a torrential storm that you see in the Caribbean. Pure CONCACAF field.

The only time I have seen rain that hard at a game was for the USMNT's game against Germany in Recife where it rained for like 48 hours straight. And the field there was 10x better.

Is it safe to assume that no drainage is built into the field because baseball isn't played in the rain? If this is a Yankee game the tarp is on and they are waiting for 3 hours in that type of weather.

No, the outfield has great drainage -- when they dump the tarp at a Yankees game, the water is completely gone within ten minutes. Not sure about the infield, but the drainage at the Stadium is normally not a problem.