Seems Like Miami Isn't Happening, What City Should Replace It?

Miami is only of the U.S. 's glamour cities. There is a sex appeal about it that MLS wants, and if Miami isn't coming into the league you would want a city that kinda of appeal on the east coast.

Really? Should make their minds up thought Garber and the "powers that be" wanted "family entertainment". This is the league remember where certain clubs have tried to pay off fan groups not to use "industrial" language. Have MLS had any luck with that YSA chant recently (which should be stopped for uncreativity more than anything else) at all? Hopefully Las Vegas do get it next at least that city is honest about its "sins" LOL. Miami appeals to the likes of Beckham and his wife which says it all really...

superficialmaterialisticbeckhamsareattrocious.

Really? Should make their minds up thought Garber and the "powers that be" wanted "family entertainment". This is the league remember where certain clubs have tried to pay off fan groups not to use "industrial" language. Have MLS had any luck with that YSA chant recently (which should be stopped for uncreativity more than anything else) at all? Hopefully Las Vegas do get it next at least that city is honest about its "sins" LOL. Miami appeals to the likes of Beckham and his wife which says it all really...

superficialmaterialisticbeckhamsareattrocious.
Yeah man you need the glamour cities in the league. Not everyone is going to want to play in the small markets the markets you need in the U.S. are New York (real New York not a place in jersey and call it new York, sort to everyone in jersey), LA, Chicago, Boston and Miami is one of those American glamour cities. Now you can grow with out Miami but yeah you want Miami and they would be and ideal rival for Orlando and Atlanta.

when will professional sports leagues realize that miami is a shitty sports market? especially for MLS, which derives nearly all of its revenue from the gate.
When MLS realize that to make major money in the us you need to move form making you money at the gate to making your money on TV and sponsors.

New Orleans is a interesting market. I don't know why MLS or USL/Pro of NASL has let it sit kind of dormant. When you look at why soccer at taken off in the kind of oddball culture in Portland and Seattle, New Orleans seems like a no brainer. Obviously, New Orleans is a smaller market than some of the other cities and so may have to wait before its called into MLS, but down the road it's a great sports town that has a European flavor. MLS would do very well in the Crescent City.

I'm pretty sure he means Creole. Which is prevalent in New Orleans culture.

They'd have to fight the Impact for the Fleur de lis, but Mardi Gras colors could lead to some interesting uniforms.
new-orleans-fleur-de-lis-hi.png

CP_Scouse CP_Scouse Creole is a term that is applied to many groups of people who descended from European Colonists. In Louisiana it refers to descendents of the original French settlers. They have a very unique culture with many French influences.

Miami is a big and diverse market that is highly desirable for its corporate connections and market diversity.

As for Fusion, in 2001, anyone who followed MLS then knows that the Fusion, for all their perceived attendance issues were as good or better than other MLS markets. Essentially Kraft, AEG & Hunt picked the markets they wanted to save. It's just circumstance that both Florida markets had targets on them. Tampa was league owned, easy target. The owner of the Fusion wanted out, so another easy target.

Considering the changes in MLS and Miami in the 10 plus years since I think the Fusion would have been successful had they stuck around.

As for New Orleans, too small and too poor.

Creole is just a generic term for people with a mix of white and native blood. Creole language is just a generic term for a language that springs up as a mixture of colonial and native.
Most Creole speakers I've known are from Haiti.... via Miami.

Reactions: Kjbert
Miami is a big and diverse market that is highly desirable for its corporate connections and market diversity.

As for Fusion, in 2001, anyone who followed MLS then knows that the Fusion, for all their perceived attendance issues were as good or better than other MLS markets. Essentially Kraft, AEG & Hunt picked the markets they wanted to save. It's just circumstance that both Florida markets had targets on them. Tampa was league owned, easy target. The owner of the Fusion wanted out, so another easy target.

Considering the changes in MLS and Miami in the 10 plus years since I think the Fusion would have been successful had they stuck around.

As for New Orleans, too small and too poor.

Good points on the end of the Fusion, but I wouldn't be so quick to say that Miami is a better market. The Saints consistently have much better attendance numbers than the Dolphins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_attendance_figures

I'm not judging markets. Simply put more corporate money in Miami and there's less people in New Orleans. And absolutely no MLS expansion potentials there.