Timbers Postmatch

That's a supporter culture I could get behind. Chant about eating kids. Banter back and forth about the game. But smile and realize it's a game in the end.

I'd love our SS to have the Timbers energy for 90+ minutes. But even more I'd love for us to have their attitude. No more stealing scarves, beating up other fans, throwing stuff (ala Philly game).

Makes me look forward to next year when Portland visits us. I want to go buy beers for their whole section. LionNYC LionNYC can I charge that to your account?
It's really a shame that their field isn't grass. Using it as the defacto MNT stadium would give such a huge home field advantage with the tight confines, non-stop atmosphere and noise.

Would grass really not hold up in the Pacific Northwest wet season? That's what a grounds crew and replacement sod is for.....

Portland and Seattle are the gold standard in the league right now.

Portland needs to figure out how to expand that stadium. They could have the same atmosphere with twice as many people.

As for grass, I have to think that's a great climate for grass, but I think it's a mixed use field. Not sure what else they use it for, however.

I talked to some people from Portland a while back, and asked them if they were Timbers supporters, they were like, hell yeah, and went on to explain that almost everyone in the city loves the Timbers, there is a waiting list for season tickets, and they said all the season ticket holders meet somewhere and march together to the stadium. Sounded pretty cool.

They are quiet until the players come out to warm up then quiet until maybe 5/6 mins before the starting XI comes out. STILL they go all out for the full 90 and it sounds great and very well coordinated

It was a fantastic experience in the stadium and Us 50 or so that we're there we chanted as much and as loud as we could for the majority of the game. I think you hear in the replay of tmac's goal us chanting really loud "tommy Mac"

Oh don't know if this was mentioned but all of a sudden we started chanting to some timbers fans that were throwing banter our way. real loud: " you got grabavoy" clap clap... clap clap clap

Btw those portland fans are awesome many came up to us to congratulate us and shook hands and some even bought us a few drinks afterwards....Portland is awesome place and very friendly people at least in my experiences in this trip
Agreed. Was also there, and their fans are not only the loudest in setting the bar for noise, but some of the most humble people too. Incredibly friendly and giving. So pumped to get a scarf exchange post game with a Timbers Army member.

Their supporters are under a roof, so the noise projection is insane, but they also have of 15-20 sections of Timbers Army. Not 3.5 sections in the bleachers at a baseball stadium.

The Grabavoy chant shut them up real quick hahaha

I talked to some people from Portland a while back, and asked them if they were Timbers supporters, they were like, hell yeah, and went on to explain that almost everyone in the city loves the Timbers, there is a waiting list for season tickets, and they said all the season ticket holders meet somewhere and march together to the stadium. Sounded pretty cool.
Several years back I went to a Sounders game when my brother was living out there and "sat" in Emerald Supporters Club. To this day, that was my all-time favorite sporting experience.

They did a similar thing where everyone congregated at a bar hours beforehand, then accumulated in a public area before a massive march with flags and songs to the stadium.

The Pacific Northwest has it going on. That USA-Panama WCQ a few years back was unbelievable.

Yeah. We're definitely not gonna win any 'top supporters' prize with our set up lol.
If the YS outfield had seat backs so they could be sold at a higher price point, it'd make sense to move the supporters to the opposite side of YS on the 1st base line so that the sound would project across the field. Same view, but a way better atmosphere with the heightened drums and singing - and that'd be the best we could hope for unless they allow 20 drums and the TR increases in size to 5K.

Reactions: Schwallacus
If the YS outfield had seat backs so they could be sold at a higher price point, it'd make sense to move the supporters to the opposite side of YS on the 1st base line so that the sound would project across the field. Same view, but a way better atmosphere with the heightened drums and singing - and that'd be the best we could hope for unless they allow 20 drums and the TR increases in size to 5K.
Sorry, can't do that. That's the Chicken Bucket end. Supporters are staying where they are.

Reactions: The Toe and Gene
Sorry, can't do that. That's the Chicken Bucket end. Supporters are staying where they are.
Maybe Chicken Bucket absorbs the TR to form a mega group? It'd make the chant that much louder.

and the buckets become the drums since the stadium won't allow more than 3?

Reactions: SoupInNYC and NickA
Portland and Seattle are the gold standard in the league right now.

Portland needs to figure out how to expand that stadium. They could have the same atmosphere with twice as many people.

As for grass, I have to think that's a great climate for grass, but I think it's a mixed use field. Not sure what else they use it for, however.

Talked to a few of their fans last year when they came for the game, they certainly seem to have to demand to increase capacity. They were telling us that the waiting list for season tickets is years long. Then again that could be why their atmosphere is so awesome, you have to really want to be there to get tickets and get in the stadium.

Reactions: Paul
They are quiet until the players come out to warm up then quiet until maybe 5/6 mins before the starting XI comes out. STILL they go all out for the full 90 and it sounds great and very well coordinated

It was a fantastic experience in the stadium and Us 50 or so that we're there we chanted as much and as loud as we could for the majority of the game. I think you hear in the replay of tmac's goal us chanting really loud "tommy Mac"

Oh don't know if this was mentioned but all of a sudden we started chanting to some timbers fans that were throwing banter our way. real loud: " you got grabavoy" clap clap... clap clap clap

Btw those portland fans are awesome many came up to us to congratulate us and shook hands and some even bought us a few drinks afterwards....Portland is awesome place and very friendly people at least in my experiences in this trip

+1. SO worth the trip.

Reactions: Schwallacus
That's a supporter culture I could get behind. Chant about eating kids. Banter back and forth about the game. But smile and realize it's a game in the end.

I'd love our SS to have the Timbers energy for 90+ minutes. But even more I'd love for us to have their attitude. No more stealing scarves, beating up other fans, throwing stuff (ala Philly game).

Makes me look forward to next year when Portland visits us. I want to go buy beers for their whole section. LionNYC LionNYC can I charge that to your account?

My benefactor says no...

Reactions: FootyLovin