Toronto - Postmatch

Unlocks Berget.
Waits 88 minutes for first discretionary sub.
Random McNamara sighting for 30 seconds.
And this:

Torrent has been here 2 days and is operating at troll level beast mode.
Remember when Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan gave his endorsement of Dome & I commented that he’s gonna keep starting Sweat to spite Midas???

And Sweat had a very good game today - granted, it was against Toronto, but still, he as solid on all ends of the field.

Remember when Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan gave his endorsement of Dome & I commented that he’s gonna keep starting Sweat to spite Midas???

And Sweat had a very good game today - granted, it was against Toronto, but still, he as solid on all ends of the field.
It was as good of a game as I’ve seen him have.

Did anyone else think we were only playing with like one or two defenders for a very large part of the game?

I mentioned to SanBartG SanBartG at one point that it looked like we had only two defenders. Don’t think it was an isolated incident.

Did anyone else think we were only playing with like one or two defenders for a very large part of the game?

I mentioned to SanBartG SanBartG at one point that it looked like we had only two defenders. Don’t think it was an isolated incident.
Sometimes one defender, Ibeagha, because Callens was given free reign to push forward with the ball - and either Toronto didn’t know what to do so he was unmarked or their forward quit tracking after a few meters and nobody else picked him up for a bit. Callens also had the green light to spray long balls which beat their press every time.

Sometimes one defender, Ibeagha, because Callens was given free reign to push forward with the ball - and either Toronto didn’t know what to do so he was unmarked or their forward quit tracking after a few meters and nobody else picked him up for a bit. Callens also had the green light to spray long balls which beat their press every time.

This reminds me... we were much more direct today than we often were under Vieira. Still only one game, so who knows, but it's something to watch.

Maxi plays better without Villa imo. Berget finished his opportunities. Gio walking around disinterested. If Medina wasn't a DP we'd start seeing less and less of him. For all the trash Berget gets, I'd start him over Medina all day.

Maxi plays better without Villa imo
Long the case, I think.

I still think we’re best in attack with Medina as a false 9, largely because Maxi is better when we do that.
It was of my 2 “we’re sorry about the net” pitchside upgrades from my champions seats.
Lol. They are so lame. I got shitty Legends food passes.

They came and brought me send off passes at my new seats during the game. Took me 10 minutes to give them away. I just want what I pay for. This other shit doesn’t fix the problem.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
One more thing: Elfaith is a total joke. He is as bad as Chapman. How does he keep getting our games when he constantly shits on us?

YES! When we sat down in our seats and the game started, I thought "wait is the referee..." and saw him, in his full smug-faced elfathy glory. And I couldn't believe my eyes. So I turned to my friend and said "Look at the referee." and I watched as his eyes did the same "what the absolute f* am I seeing" as I did. (We always comment how it's Elfath every single time). How is it possible that he refs us for like every god-damn game?!?!? Can someone please explain this to me!? That free kick call was an absolute joke, Giovinco should never have even had that chance to begin with. If I see Elfath one more time... He's somehow gonna end up the Derby ref, of course he will.

Berget seems like the kind of player that is going to score a bunch of goals in a short period of time when he gets hot. He seems very streaky. Hopefully this is the start of one of those runs. We all know that he's struggled quite a bit, but he's such a smart player out there, asks so many questions of defenders, it's about time he got some payoff for all his work.

Toronto ... yikes. What a nightmare for them. They were woeful. Bradley stinks (as always), and Giovinco was a complete non-factor. They looked completely inept for the vast majority of that game, and the entire second half. They were the best team in league history last season, and had no major changes. How does this happen? Legitimately starting to think they might miss the playoffs at this rate. They're just not good enough, and we're already at the midway point.

VAR is way too opaque in this league. They need to do a better job showing that they're looking at a play, instead of the referee just deciding to restart play. And I'd like to see the refs look at more plays themselves. It only takes 30 seconds, what's the big deal? Get it right, don't get it fast.

This reminds me... we were much more direct today than we often were under Vieira. Still only one game, so who knows, but it's something to watch.
Yeah, i thought we had more urgency in the final third and getting the ball there in the first place.

For a while we've been getting to the box (eventually) and there would be no one there for the cutback. Today was a lot better in terms of bodies ready to take shots. Sometimes Paddy would find that urgency in the last 5 mins or so.

Noticed Ring was a lot higher too - almost playing as a secondary striker at points and he seemed well up for it.

Interesting that he didn't celebrate, like it was more of a monkey of his back than anything else. Really celebrated his second though, and rightly so, that was a solid finish from a good play.

As I've pointed out before, Berget doesn't like to celebrate his goals, that's just not his style. He rather walks away like he were saying he's just done the expected. Perhaps the second goal celebration meant that it was more than what he expected himself?

After you said it, I realized how true it was. Very different style of play today.

Reactions: Christopher Jee