Twitter Is Ablaze With Talk Of Frank Lampard, Too.

btw - want no part of Jermaine Jones - just throwing out guys who would be interesting considering the first team member

Jermaine Jones you can all forget.. He have left the bundesliga now and play in Turkey I heard

A big NO to Lampard. He'll almost be 37 by the time MLS kicks off next season. Mix is someone Kreis could build a team around for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiRoma
If we sign Lampard I would be very satisfied for many reasons:

- He is still a good player no matter how old he is.
- He is a great leader on and off the pitch.
- He is a great professional.
- He would set a great example for all the younger players on the team.

Basically, all I'm saying is that when you sign a player you don't only get the way they play, you also get their personality and their behavior. Lamps is a great player, a great role model, and would be a great signing.

I would rather not have Frank Lampard. Mix is better and younger

I think Lampard could do good things for the team, for one or maybe two seasons, but like most of you, I'd rather NYCFC found someone else.

They'll probably bring in Lampard for name recognition.

Sucks though, I'd much rather have Mix. Maybe if USA makes a good run and Mix becomes a more known commodity, they'll change course?

One of the LA clubs will still take Lampard or the Cows or someone I'm sure.

No desire whatsoever to sign Lampard. Great in his day and serviceable tomorrow but would require a 3 year contract. Love Mix but difficult to ascertain his quality, would we allot a DP spot to someone playing in a league inferior to MLS? Also, for his sake as well as our own I hope Jozy stays in Europe.

Certainly a classless move but I believe he was 19 and wasted. In that case, I reside in a glass house.
Lampard was 23 when 9/11 happened.

My main issue with him is age. He turns 36 in three weeks. Obviously Beckham proved you can still be an effective player in this league at that age. But he also is a global icon. Lampard is a big name, but not big enough to warrant the cost and the risk.

Lampard was 23 when 9/11 happened.

My main issue with him is age. He turns 36 in three weeks. Obviously Beckham proved you can still be an effective player in this league at that age. But he also is a global icon. Lampard is a big name, but not big enough to warrant the cost and the risk.

Fair enough. I was thinking of Terry. And we agree that signing Lampard makes little sense, I simply don't factor him in being a dick over a decade ago.

that one time frank made 9/11 jokes? sorry, i don't want him on the club.

Well there would be people who would never let them forget it and perhaps rightly so. Would people (especially in NY) on here forgive either of them? I don't recall either of them being booed out the building at Yankee Stadium last summer. Maybe remorse is possible with Lampard but does anyone on here think someone like Terry gives a damn about 9/11? We know what type of human being he is. Its like Giggs paying his "so called respects" to Hillsborough (as if he could give a toss) can't believe Liverpool fans tolerated that.

Well fuck it then.
Btw we breaking twitter or nah?
So many mentions from all over the world. I like it.