What Do You Call'em.

i just call em nyc or city...cant let a shite city like orlando call themselves city we are THE city, the best in the world whats so good about orlando anyway? Old people, tourists, disney and universal? pffft we are CITY fuck those purple pansies

Why do defenders of the kit keep saying "similar" when the thing is more of a replica? Address the situation directly. Please. Don't hide behind euphemisms.

It is not a replica. It is very similar.

However, I do 100% agree with you that I would have loved more differentiation. The NYC character will come with time. The team is still a baby.

Reactions: Paul and Drainyoo
It is not a replica. It is very similar.

However, I do 100% agree with you that I would have loved more differentiation. The NYC character will come with time. The team is still a baby.

Fair enough, put them side to side and you can play "what's the difference between these 2 pictures." But wear it on the street and 90% of passers-by will think its Man City.

On the plus side, I really do like the Inaugural Season logo on the bottom. Quite well done.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Fair enough, put them side to side and you can play "what's the difference between these 2 pictures." But wear it on the street and 90% of passers-by will think its Man City.

On the plus side, I really do like the Inaugural Season logo on the bottom. Quite well done.
This is what really illustrates the problem.

Last edited:
Again how is it that a majority of people were fine with our crest but the jersey is being widely panned?

I've been calling them New York FC, leaving city out of it. people from the metro area will know what it stands for within a year and people from outside the area always think NYC when they hear New York.

I want my section 229 to have a name. I am laying claim to:
"The Stoop" Dutch word meaning front steps that has lasted 400 years. fits well with the tiered seating in a stadium.
or "The El" because we are upstairs and a tip of the hat to the Third Rail to our left, keeping with subway reference.
I will poll my section 1st game and what we reject will be available for the rest of you to fight over

Maybe you aren't happy with the colours of the kit. But to state that the club has no link with NY is absurd, it was to be expected that it would look similar to MCFC. If the shirt had navy blue pinstripes would there have been so much hate, no. The club can't demand to adidas what they want, they get given templates.

And what's the official template/name of your position? You're clearly in the third rail back pocket where you can't see reality due to your own dam corporate ownership.

Lots of people are fucking stupid. Lots of New Yorkers aren't. CFG doesn't fucking get it. They could make it better by retracting this shit. But they won't. I'm disgusted thus far.

Every damn time I give them more chances, they shit the bed. And Fuck you Mancs. Make one goddamn excuse. It just proves your allegiance and my point. Eat my hairy LFC loving nuts, you goddamn wankers wanting us to be a minor league squad.

But wear it on the street and 90% of passers-by will think its Man City.

At the moment, I think you're right. Majority of the population (tri-state and beyond) has no idea about NYCFC because we haven't played a game yet!!

Revisit the issue in 2-3 years and I don't think you'll have any problems wearing your NYCFC jersey around town.

And what's the official template/name of your position? You're clearly in the third rail back pocket where you can't see reality due to your own dam corporate ownership.

Lots of people are fucking stupid. Lots of New Yorkers aren't. CFG doesn't fucking get it. They could make it better by retracting this shit. But they won't. I'm disgusted thus far.

Every damn time I give them more chances, they shit the bed. And Fuck you Mancs. Make one goddamn excuse. It just proves your allegiance and my point. Eat my hairy LFC loving nuts, you goddamn wankers wanting us to be a minor league squad.
Whining like a child on a forum will surely get the proper changes made!

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan, I'm going to assume that because you were posting on the day of what is clearly a major disappointment for you, and because you were posting it at 1.30 in the morning, that this is a one-off, and because you've been a good contributor thus far I'll let it slide. Please note though, that if you keep up this kind of tone it's not going to keep getting overlooked.

Just calm down. I know it's not what you wanted to see, but being this aggressive is not helping you, it's not helping us and it's not helping the forum.

Last edited:
We wanted our own gear. Similar is fine. Inspired by is fine. Brand extension is fine. Brand duplication is -- to me -- unimaginative and boring.

I wanted a shirt I could have worn without having to explain "No, I don't like Man City. Look closer.

I totally agree with this. I'm a little disappointed that the shirt is so derivative but it's about what I expected. I look forward to the away/third with a little more independent style.

At the moment, I think you're right. Majority of the population (tri-state and beyond) has no idea about NYCFC because we haven't played a game yet!!

Revisit the issue in 2-3 years and I don't think you'll have any problems wearing your NYCFC jersey around town.

Exactly, I'm willing to bet in a few years time the jersey snafu of 2014 will be long forgotten. Unfortunately short attention span media means overreaction, but the upshot is quickly moving on to the next debate.

Reactions: einwindir and Gene