Who Did You Support Before?

ozgie

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 28, 2014
I always see a lot of Redbulls hatred on the forums and it got me thinking. The forums are comprised of fans of not just NYC FC but soccer in general I assume. So it begs the question, if not Red bulls than who did you support before NYC FC was a glimmer in our eye? I for one have lived in multiple cities in my adult life (originally from NY) and casually supported my home city wherever I was but never had a strong connection. I moved back to NY a while back and as fate would have it rumors of a new team in NY started with ownership from Yankees and MC (two teams I already follow). It was easy transition for me since I never actually followed the Red bulls due to my location elsewhere but what your story. And for the record, no judgement if you were a Redbulls fan previously. At least not from me haha.

There is an exact same thread on here. Can't find it right now.

National Team: USA (American Outlaw)
European club: Liverpool
MLS: didn't have one, watched the league and enjoy seattle because of Dempsey but no team felt right. My buddy is a Revs season ticket holder and I gave them a try but it didn't stick. This feels right with NYC.

Reactions: PatrickRivera
National Team: US (AO member)
Euro club: Real Madrid (member of local NYC Peña supporters group)
MLS: never gave a shit until this year

Real Madrid and NYCFC!!!

You supported NYCFC "before NYC FC was a glimmer in our eye?" How hipster of you... ;) j/k

For me it was Everton. I didn't have anything more than vague sympathies for any MLS teams because I didn't want to support an energy drink and supporting a non-local team in my nation's league didn't seem right.

Reactions: Kinkladze
You supported NYCFC "before NYC FC was a glimmer in our eye?" How hipster of you... ;) j/k

For me it was Everton. I didn't have anything more than vague sympathies for any MLS teams because I didn't want to support an energy drink and supporting a non-local team in my nation's league didn't seem right.

Now if only they would turn Bushwick Inlet Park into a 40k seat stadium the hipster transformation would be complete! :cool:

Reactions: Kinkladze
National Team: US (AO member)
Euro club: Tottenham
MLS: I didn't have anything more than vague sympathies for any MLS teams because I didn't want to support an energy drink and supporting a non-local team in my nation's league didn't seem right.