Your Honest Thought's On Mcfc And Cfg ?

Who failed to buy Man United? Sheikh Mansour? that's false because the only club he tried to buy before City was Newcastle United but their owner Mike Ashley didn't want to sell thankfully

The consortium is made of many investors. Mohamed Al Fayed is one of them. Over a decade or so ago he wanted to buy Man U . There is an old history between him and the British crown.Those details I don't know why which after the death of his son became more public he accused the crown of murdering his son . . All I recall Man U was on bankruptcy and the crown blocked him from buying it. Being that he was thwarted, he bought a team called Fulham that at that time was a second division team or whatever is the lower tier called in England. He owned Harrod's that was sold to investors from Qatar. Read Below, take my post seriously or humorously , which was my intention but after your post, after All I am Diva , and sometimes love to dramatize , I looked for some info to see how right or wrong I was, and LO and Behold, I found some interesting Info , that I have include here. LOL...

How Qatar bought Britain: They own the Shard. They own the Olympic Village. And they don't care if their Lamborghinis get clamped when they shop at Harrods (which is theirs, too)

By EDNA FERNANDES in Doha

PUBLISHED: 17:17 EST, 10 March 2012 UPDATED: 04:49 EST, 13 March 2012
Creeping steadily above the London skyline, the Shard will be Europe’s tallest building when it is finally finished in a few weeks’ time: an extraordinary monument to glass, steel and sheer ambition.

And an appropriate symbol for the rise of its Qatari owners and their ever-growing influence here in Britain.

From the ruins of the financial crisis, this tiny Gulf state has snapped up a range of famous British assets, and if you were to take a look from the upper storeys of the Shard, quite a few would be in view.

article-2113159-120DBF57000005DC-816_634x320.jpg

Qatar is one of the few countries able to do business and talk politics with almost anyone. Its advocates say it is in an ideal position to help reshape the Middle East (pictured: Doha city skyline)

article-2113159-0F17F44F00000578-56_638x405.jpg

Qatar owns swathes of the Canary Wharf financial district through its majority holding in Songbird Estates plc

To the east, Qatar owns swathes of the Canary Wharf financial district through its majority holding in Songbird Estates plc.

When Barclays was in trouble at the height of the banking turmoil, the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) emerged as a white-knight investor, and became the biggest shareholder.

Over at Stratford stand the buildings of the Olympic Village – once the Games are finished this summer, QIA will take ownership.

Due west lie Harrods and, close by, No 1 Hyde Park, the world’s most expensive block of flats, also Qatari-owned.

A sovereign wealth fund with tens of billions of pounds in assets and a global reach, QIA has already invested £10 billion in Britain, with more planned. Its influence is everywhere.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hinis-clamped-shop-Harrods.html#ixzz3rEovXepp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Manchester City has had a round badge only since 1930. Yeah, I agree with you, I hate new things too.
Yes, so let's see then. That means:

It's no surprise they are going back to a round one

And

It's no surprise that we ended up with a round one (even though we could "vote") and no surprise Melbourne ended up with a round one quickly after we did.

Boy, what if we had voted for the other badge? Then, their nice and neat little family of badges would be ruined....I mean, there's no sign that MC, I mean CFG, crave uniformity is there?

It's all so convenient that we "voted" for the one (out of a whopping selection of two) that will fit nicely with a traditional MC logo.

Time to take the goggles off and see reality as it really is.

CFG have been less than truthful, honest and sincere since the announcement of the club.

Last edited:
I'm a City supporter.

I'm looking forward to the partnership, but I want to see how NYCFC develops its own distinct identity.

Yes, so let's see then. That means:

It's no surprise they are going back to a round one

And

It's no surprise that we ended up with a round one (even though we could "vote") and no surprise Melbourne ended up with a round one quickly after we did.

Boy, what if we had voted for the other badge? Then, their nice and neat little family of badges would be ruined....I mean, there's no sign that MC, I mean CFG, crave uniformity is there?

It's all so convenient that we "voted" for the one (out of a whopping selection of two) that will fit nicely with a traditional MC logo.

Time to take the goggles off and see reality as it really is.

CFG have been less than truthful, honest and sincere since the announcement of the club

I'm with you because I've said all along that the'consultation' period is only to make fans think it's their idea about changing the badge but I know this has been agreed regardless for almost a year..

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
The consortium is made of many investors. Mohamed Al Fayed is one of them. Over a decade or so ago he wanted to buy Man U . There is an old history between him and the British crown.Those details I don't know why which after the death of his son became more public he accused the crown of murdering his son . . All I recall Man U was on bankruptcy and the crown blocked him from buying it. Being that he was thwarted, he bought a team called Fulham that at that time was a second division team or whatever is the lower tier called in England. He owned Harrod's that was sold to investors from Qatar. Read Below, take my post seriously or humorously , which was my intention but after your post, after All I am Diva , and sometimes love to dramatize , I looked for some info to see how right or wrong I was, and LO and Behold, I found some interesting Info , that I have include here. LOL...

How Qatar bought Britain: They own the Shard. They own the Olympic Village. And they don't care if their Lamborghinis get clamped when they shop at Harrods (which is theirs, too)

By EDNA FERNANDES in Doha

PUBLISHED: 17:17 EST, 10 March 2012 UPDATED: 04:49 EST, 13 March 2012
Creeping steadily above the London skyline, the Shard will be Europe’s tallest building when it is finally finished in a few weeks’ time: an extraordinary monument to glass, steel and sheer ambition.

And an appropriate symbol for the rise of its Qatari owners and their ever-growing influence here in Britain.

From the ruins of the financial crisis, this tiny Gulf state has snapped up a range of famous British assets, and if you were to take a look from the upper storeys of the Shard, quite a few would be in view.

article-2113159-120DBF57000005DC-816_634x320.jpg

Qatar is one of the few countries able to do business and talk politics with almost anyone. Its advocates say it is in an ideal position to help reshape the Middle East (pictured: Doha city skyline)

article-2113159-0F17F44F00000578-56_638x405.jpg

Qatar owns swathes of the Canary Wharf financial district through its majority holding in Songbird Estates plc

To the east, Qatar owns swathes of the Canary Wharf financial district through its majority holding in Songbird Estates plc.

When Barclays was in trouble at the height of the banking turmoil, the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) emerged as a white-knight investor, and became the biggest shareholder.

Over at Stratford stand the buildings of the Olympic Village – once the Games are finished this summer, QIA will take ownership.

Due west lie Harrods and, close by, No 1 Hyde Park, the world’s most expensive block of flats, also Qatari-owned.

A sovereign wealth fund with tens of billions of pounds in assets and a global reach, QIA has already invested £10 billion in Britain, with more planned. Its influence is everywhere.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hinis-clamped-shop-Harrods.html#ixzz3rEovXepp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mate trust me Sheikh Mansour never ever was in for United, I could go into this with you from now until next year and we wouldn't agree but I know for a fact he didn't :)

Interesting thread.

A jolly Hello and welcome to our friends across the pond.
Thank you for this thread.
It gives me a chance to try and pull together the disjointed and disparate thoughts which inhabit my mind about City Football Group and its children.

Let me begin by saying that like many "Americans" around me, I'm damned proud to be a citizen of the United States and that means I don't give a damn what you or anybody else thinks about me. Now, you don't know me; so you don't know that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek as I wrote that because it seems to me that's the opinion of the world in general about "Americans." I have to admit that I'm often embarassed by the behavior of "Americans" yet I'm also firecely proud of our independent spirit.

By way of exposition, I'll explain that I frequently place the word American in quotes because I think it arrogant that US citizens use that word as a demonym for our country when the last time I looked at a map there were two continental land masses named America. However, for the purpose of the balance of this posting, I'll drop my quixotic quest to refer to us as Usonians.

While I'm an advocate of the metric system and the 24-hour clock, I on occasion cling to my "Ugly" American roots like when I say I have no interest in world football. Like the previous remark, that is a bit disingenuous. I like association football just fine and I'd like to see Americans participate at the highest level of that sport as they do at other sports. So for me, on the one hand, I don't really care about English football, or Spanish football, etc. etc. And, yet, I do. (I know. I'm an enigma.) I'm interested in seeing American clubs and American teams succeed at the highest possible levels. At the national team level, that's the World Cup. At the club level, until something else comes along, that's the Club World Cup. Until we compete at those levels, any other comparisons are apples and oranges. So, for someone to say, "Major League Soccer is on the level of League One," I just dismiss it, because there's no way to really know unless they competed against one another on a regular basis.

I'm not really familiar with CFG's origins with Manchester City, but when they decided to form New York City FC, I became interested. The level of animosity between fans of NYCFC and fans of MCFC is just ludicrous. The two clubs are siblings and that is that. To whine about the color of the NYCFC kit is just silly. When I read that Melbourne and Yokohama don't wear a sky blue kit, I laugh because I realize that someone didn't do their homework. If they had, they would know that CFG created a huge row in Australia when they tried to change Melbourne's kit to the very same sky blue that Manchester and New York were wearing. The problem was there was a side in Sydney that already traditionally wore sky blue and they weren't about to change just because CFG happened upon the scene. As for Yokohama, CFG holds a minority interest not a majority interest, which may account for the fact that the team isn't called Yokohama City.

I do see City Football Group making some of the same mistakes Jose Vergara made when he formed Chivas USA as an offshoot of CD Chivas Guadalajara. Vergara initially decided he wanted only Mexican players despite the fact that MLS rules didn't allow for that. Generally, he thought that he could run the club as if it were in Liga MX and not MLS. He had a built in rivalry with LA Galaxy which, if you know anything about Los Angeles and Alta California, means that Chivas was the presumed home team.

CFG, and some of the gang around here, presume that they can come in and throw their organizational weight around and just be successful. To a degree, that's true. However, like Chivas before them, they also have to deal with the byzantine and deliberate financial rules and constraints constructed by MLS to maintain its viability. MLS has the advantage of knowing the pitfalls of the original North American Soccer League, the (American) A-League and its predecessors. That's why it has things like a salary cap, no promotion/relegation etc. It's because association football isn't the preeminient sport on this continent. It has to compete with gridiron football, basketball, baseball and hockey for talent and audience dollars. These are obstacles that soccer doesn't have to face elsewhere.

I was a supporter of Jason Kreis. I felt he deserved another season to help develop this side. Instead, he was sacked. I'm not going to get into a long debate about whether I was right or the #KreisOut crowd was right. He's out; that's that. The King is dead. Long live the King and the king is Patrick Vieira. I don't know if he has the qualifications to be the manager or not. I can only hope he does. That doesn't mean I won't mock the #KreisOut crowd if he's a horrible disaster or saying he's great if he wins "the triple" next campaign. I'm fully capable of saying I'm wrong when I am and damned capable of saying when I'm right.

I'm one of the few around here, maybe the only one, who refers to NYCFC as City. That's what it is.
To say otherwise is to stick one's head in the sand. Like an ostrich.

And so it goes.

Last edited:
Interesting thread.

A jolly Hello and welcome to our friends across the pond.
Thank you for this thread.
It gives me a chance to try and pull together the disjointed and disparate thoughts which inhabit my mind about City Football Group and its children.

Let me begin by saying that like many "Americans" around me, I'm damned proud to be a citizen of the United States and that means I don't give a damn what you or anybody else thinks about me. Now, you don't know me; so you don't know that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek as I wrote that because it seems to me that's the opinion of the world in general about "Americans." I have to admit that I'm often embarassed by the behavior of "Americans" yet I'm also firecely proud of our independent spirit.

By way of exposition, I'll explain that I frequently place the word American in quotes because I think it arrogant that US citizens use that word as a demonym for our country when the last time I looked at a map there were two continental land masses named America. However, for the purpose of the balance of this posting, I'll drop my quixotic quest to refer to us as Usonians.

While I'm an advocate of the metric system and the 24-hour clock, I on occasion cling to my "Ugly" American roots like when I say I have no interest in world football. Like the previous remark, that is a bit disingenuous. I like association football just fine and I'd like to see Americans participate at the highest level of that sport as they do at other sports. So for me, on the one hand, I don't really care about English football, or Spanish football, etc. etc. And, yet, I do. (I know. I'm an enigma.) I'm interested in seeing American clubs and American teams succeed at the highest possible levels. At the national team level, that's the World Cup. At the club level, until something else comes along, that's the Club World Cup. Until we compete at those levels, any other comparisons are apples and oranges. So, for someone to say, "Major League Soccer is on the level of League One," I just dismiss it, because there's no way to really know unless they competed against one another on a regular basis.

I'm not really familiar with CFG's origins with Manchester City, but when they decided to form New York City FC, I became interested. The level of animosity between fans of NYCFC and fans of MCFC is just ludicrous. The two clubs are siblings and that is that. To whine about the color of the NYCFC kit is just silly. When I read that Melbourne and Yokohama don't wear a sky blue kit, I laugh because I realize that someone didn't do their homework. If they had, they would know that CFG created a huge row in Australia when they tried to change Melbourne's kit to the very same sky blue that Manchester and New York were wearing. The problem was there was a side in Sydney that already traditionally wore sky blue and they weren't about to change just because CFG happened upon the scene. As for Yokohama, CFG holds a minority interest not a majority interest, which may account for the fact that the team isn't called Yokohama City.

I do see City Football Group making some of the same mistakes Jose Vergara made when he formed Chivas USA as an offshoot of CD Chivas Guadalajara. Vergara initially decided he wanted only Mexican players despite the fact that MLS rules didn't allow for that. Generally, he thought that he could run the club as if it were in Liga MX and not MLS. He had a built in rivalry with LA Galaxy which, if you know anything about Los Angeles and Alta California, means that Chivas was the presumed home team.

CFG, and some of the gang around here, presume that they can come in and throw their organizational weight around and just be successful. To a degree, that's true. However, like Chivas before them, they also have to deal with the byzantine and deliberate financial rules and constraints constructed by MLS to maintain its viability. MLS has the advantage of knowing the pitfalls of the original North American Soccer League, the (American) A-League and its predecessors. That's why it has things like a salary cap, no promotion/relegation etc. It's because association football isn't the preeminient sport on this continent. It has to compete with gridiron football, basketball, baseball and hockey for talent and audience dollars. These are obstacles that soccer doesn't have to face elsewhere.

I was a supporter of Jason Kreis. I felt he deserved another season to help develop this side. Instead, he was sacked. I'm not going to get into a long debate about whether I was right or the #KreisOut crowd was right. He's out; that's that. The King is dead. Long live the King and the king is Patrick Vieira. I don't know if he has the qualifications to be the manager or not. I can only hope he does. That doesn't mean I won't mock the #KreisOut crowd if he's a horrible disaster or saying he's great if he wins "the triple" next campaign. I'm fully capable of saying I'm wrong when I am and damned capable of saying when I'm right.

I'm one of the few around here, maybe the only one, who refers to NYCFC as City. That's what it is.
To say otherwise is to stick one's head in the sand. Like an ostrich.

And so it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

I also think Kreis deserved more time for reasons I've gone into on another thread but like you say long live the king and i'm certain Paddy will be a huge success now he's taken over.

Also it doesn't matter to me in anyway about people being American's etc because no matter who they are or where they are from I take people as I find them and don't label anyone and I treat people as they treat me :)

I quite like this forum already because it's got a great balance of debate so keep up the good work guys.

Well, I was a Man City fan first, so I am clearly biased there, but I see this as an excellent long term partnership that I suspect will see fans who are upset over some issues that have evoked responses that I can't say I quite agree with the level of vitriol warranted, change their minds over time.

I wrote some of my explanation in the Viera appointment thread:

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?th...inted-as-nycfc-coach.3897/page-19#post-110528

One thing that I don't quite understand, so perhaps some here can explain, is the anger over things like having the same jersey colors/style as Man City?

Why is that a problem? Because some are Man United fans or something? (I saw one person post that here) If you are a "red" what was the reason to not support Red Bulls? If you say it is because NYCFC is actually in NYC, well it seems possible that may not happen anyway because of the real estate problems in NYC.

Yes, the Lampard situation was not handled particularly well, but that was a unique situation and Man City is generally known as handling things like this better than most clubs.

I am excited about the relationship and believe more will come around as time passes and the sport grows further in this country.

Reactions: mcfc9320group
Well, let's see. When the club was announced Soriano was telling ANYONE who would listen, "this is not a marketing ploy. This is a real New York club. A separate club." he uttered the same message when asked, point blank if the uniforms would be Manchester clones or not.

Then we received uniforms Manchester fans dubbed "The best Manchester City uniforms they'd ever seen."

Then Manchester caught eyes for a player we signed and we learned the whole separate club thing was a total lie.

Now Vieira was going to leave Manchester and lo and behold 10 wins isn't enough in New York and we fire our coach after 1 season and surprise, surprise we're keeping Vieira in the CFG family.

The writing is on the wall here.

I half expect the club to be renamed "New York EDS" next year but that would obviously ruin the marketing ploy that they said wasn't the objective of the club but obviously is.

We are a farm team.

Oh and let's not forget, they overrode our coach on a young, electrifying player in Fernando Uribe and saddled us with a 36 year old defensive liability. But hey, he'll sell some tickets and shirts and make some headlines. Who cares if he's not a fit for the team at all?

Yeah, we love CFG and Manchester...

Being a version of a "farm" team should not be a problem when the level of quality in MLS is a few levels below the Premier League. Over time though the hope is clearly that this will not be the case. Soccer continues to grow in the U.S. but for now that's how it is.

Having similar uniforms for teams that are linked is also very common around the sport and around the world. Red Bulls have the practically the same uniforms as Red Bulls Salzburg. Are they also saying the same things as some of our fans?

You knew that there was a link when you decided to become a fan, I am guessing, so I am a bit surprised that this was not considered, as I think others, including myself, expected the uniforms to be the same, and for NYCFC to be what is called a "feeder" club or "farm" club to MCFC from the get go.

I gotta bounce, so not able to respond to everything else, but let's start there...

Peace.

Yes, the Lampard situation was not handled particularly well, but that was a unique situation and Man City is generally known as handling things like this better than most clubs.
Yes they lied to you but they rarely lie to anyone else, so don't make a big deal.
Beyond stupid and insulting.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Yes they lied to you but they rarely lie to anyone else, so don't make a big deal.
Beyond stupid and insulting.

I didn't say they "rarely lie" I stated that they generally handle these things better. I can get why fans were upset over what happened, but to assume that this is going to be a common thing as that was a fairly unique and new situation for a variety of reasons, I think. They surely learned from it.

If CFG did not and something like that happens again, then I will be glad to change my position.

Being a version of a "farm" team should not be a problem when the level of quality in MLS is a few levels below the Premier League. Over time though the hope is clearly that this will not be the case. Soccer continues to grow in the U.S. but for now that's how it is.

Having similar uniforms for teams that are linked is also very common around the sport and around the world. Red Bulls have the practically the same uniforms as Red Bulls Salzburg. Are they also saying the same things as some of our fans?

You knew that there was a link when you decided to become a fan, I am guessing, so I am a bit surprised that this was not considered, as I think others, including myself, expected the uniforms to be the same, and for NYCFC to be what is called a "feeder" club or "farm" club to MCFC from the get go.

I gotta bounce, so not able to respond to everything else, but let's start there...

Peace.
I suggest you watch this and think on the words Soriano says throughout:

This was the dream. Obviously, every word spoken here was a lie though.

NYCFC will enter Major League Soccer in 2015, and former Barcelona CEO Soriano promised that they would play "beautiful" football.

The newly-formed club is an offshoot of Premier League champions Manchester City, but Soriano was keen to stress his determination to establish a very different identity on the other side of the Atlantic.

He told ESPN's Men in Blazers podcast: "We want to be New Yorkers. We are building a truly authentic New York team. This is not a Manchester City team or a brand play or a marketing trick -- this is real. This is a team that's going to play beautiful soccer in New York.
In case people still don't fucking get it.

This is meant for original poster.

I think you just create a monster much like hydra with this thread. Cut off head (annoying member leaves alone the thread) and two more appear.

Do we need another thread to post angry about CFG?

I suggest you watch this and think on the words Soriano says throughout:

This was the dream. Obviously, every word spoken here was a lie though.
Jesus Christ man. I really can't bare to let you stay here for much longer your animosity for this team trumps any positive thing you rarely ever say by ten fold. I'm assuming you've banned before hence you continuing to login via proxy. Can you contribute even the slightest bit to a conversation without being confrontational or negative about CFG/MCFC?
You're literally no different then the BM trolls that came here before.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Jesus Christ man. I really can't bare to let you stay here for much longer your animosity for this team trumps any positive thing you rarely ever say by ten fold. I'm assuming you've banned before hence you continuing to login via proxy. Can you contribute even the slightest bit to a conversation without being confrontational or negative about CFG/MCFC?
Blame partly the original poster. He create thread that enables the fan in question to bitch and moan about CFG. He almost seem very much like troll. He create a thread with the sole purpose of stirring up emotion about CFG. No?

Blame partly the original poster. He create thread that enables the fan in question to bitch and moan about CFG. He almost seem very much like troll. He create a thread with the sole purpose of stirring up emotion about CFG. No?
I don't feel like the OP meant to troll. It's just that specific topic tends to turn ugly because of what happened.

Reactions: JayH
1) I'm either on my cellphone or at work posting. If they have a proxy, they have a proxy.

2) What I post is simply the truth that others seem desperate to ignore. You can't fight reality. It's not me you should be angry with if you don't like what I post.

I don't feel like the OP meant to troll. It's just that specific topic tends to turn ugly because of what happened.
Oh, I just assume he was like the other Brits that came over here and preach "holier than you" CFG doctrine.

I didn't mean to inflame the situation anymore than it already has been.