2023 Season Ticket Thread

There had to be a better way to distribute STH packages.
I got in line and a lady who worked for the club said you’re better off waiting until the 15th to get it because the line tonight is over 30min long. I said 15th of April?! And she said yes, they dont have a space to hand them out at next weeks game. I thought to myself… what about the inside of the stadium? Lmao

I got in line and a lady who worked for the club said you’re better off waiting until the 15th to get it because the line tonight is over 30min long. I said 15th of April?! And she said yes, they dont have a space to hand them out at next weeks game. I thought to myself… what about the inside of the stadium? Lmao
I waited nearly 45 minutes. They didn't have a member card for me because it's apparently not possible to get one printed in 6 weeks. I'll get one, eventually. When I was at the distribution table it was about 7:15 and they had thousands of undistributed cards so they are nowhere close to being done.
Also they use some special ID thing in the app to validate you. Of course this wasn't mentioned in the email and there were no signs along the 45 minute line. So when I got there we had to find it, and inevitably the app had signed me out since the last time I used it so that slowed things down as well.

- You know, if there had been instructions telling me I needed to be signed in I could have made sure I was during the 45 minute wait instead of getting to the head of the line and slowing things down even more.
- We've been going up and down the line trying to tell people.
- And yet. Forty-five minutes and nobody told me.

ETA: It was GD loud, too. Rather unpleasant for a line-waiting environment. And hell, maybe a staff member did say something about signing in to the app but I didn't hear it.
incoming-20C6B2FB-B012-468E-ADF6-5C51388F6650.PNG

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: twsj91 and Joe_Cos
I walked into Billy’s and walked right past that line. What a terrible idea.

I’m all for a good bar, but what is the benefit of using Billy’s for distribution? Is Billy’s paying the club a fee? Is the team entering some other financial relationship that will be moot in a few years? I truly am curious.

Regardless, I’m contacting my representative and asking for a mailing or a future site that isn’t a clusterfuck.

I also wasn’t able to get a discount without the season card. Anyone else have that issue?

The club really fucked up that STH distribution. Instead of just having them do the work for the service that we've paid for, they put the onus on us to put forth effort and spend time waiting for 3-4 people to find our cards and distribute what little they gave us. I would have preferred to hang out at the bodega with another beer instead.

I walked into Billy’s and walked right past that line. What a terrible idea.

I’m all for a good bar, but what is the benefit of using Billy’s for distribution? Is Billy’s paying the club a fee? Is the team entering some other financial relationship that will be moot in a few years? I truly am curious.

Regardless, I’m contacting my representative and asking for a mailing or a future site that isn’t a clusterfuck.

I also wasn’t able to get a discount without the season card. Anyone else have that issue?
I got on line at 6:50. It barely budged for 10 minutes (other than folks giving up) so I bailed. I mentioned my discount at Mighty Quinn’s and the guy took my word for it and keyed it in.

Big fail on this.

I waited nearly 45 minutes. They didn't have a member card for me because it's apparently not possible to get one printed in 6 weeks. I'll get one, eventually. When I was at the distribution table it was about 7:15 and they had thousands of undistributed cards so they are nowhere close to being done.
Also they use some special ID thing in the app to validate you. Of course this wasn't mentioned in the email and there were no signs along the 45 minute line. So when I got there we had to find it, and inevitably the app had signed me out since the last time I used it so that slowed things down as well.

- You know, if there had been instructions telling me I needed to be signed in I could have made sure I was during the 45 minute wait instead of getting to the head of the line and slowing things down even more.
- We've been going up and down the line trying to tell people.
- And yet. Forty-five minutes and nobody told me.

ETA: It was GD loud, too. Rather unpleasant for a line-waiting environment. And hell, maybe a staff member did say something about signing in to the app but I didn't hear it.
View attachment 12607
The thing that annoys me is that they continue to screw up their distributions. It’s really not that hard. And they have even regressed (Hawaiian shirts worked fine last year at Billy’s.

This is a sign of high organizational turnover, as functional organizations learn from their mistakes and apply them.

And somebody in charge should have been walking the line to set expectations/answer questions.

The really weird thing is that they eventually do the right thing (they worked hard to make sure we got our rings). But why not get it right the first time?

Or they could just use some of that vaunted oil money we get so much shit for to ship the damn things.

The thing that annoys me is that they continue to screw up their distributions. It’s really not that hard. And they have even regressed (Hawaiian shirts worked fine last year at Billy’s.

This is a sign of high organizational turnover, as functional organizations learn from their mistakes and apply them.

And somebody in charge should have been walking the line to set expectations/answer questions.

The really weird thing is that they eventually do the right thing (they worked hard to make sure we got our rings). But why not get it right the first time?

Or they could just use some of that vaunted oil money we get so much shit for to ship the damn things.
They had far to little capacity at the distribution point for the volume they needed. Third Rail does it better. Yes, TR has many fewer packs to distribute, but they have more people at a bigger distribution table and have signs directing members to separate sections of the table by alphabet when you get to the front. The club last night had 3-4 people running the entire distribution table, and did nothing to arrange members by alphabet. Instead they had to look around the table and ask who had the box with the Gs or whatever to find people's cards.
I could go on with 3-4 other problems with the package distribution last night but I already went on too long about it last night.

Another issue was The Dugout wasn't able to serve alcohol because of liquor license issues, so everyone went to Billy's.

Damn I’m so glad that I neither went to D&Bs or that shitshow last night to get my package. I’d literally pay the $4 that it costs to drop that drawstring bag in a poly bag and ship it to me to avoid that cluster. What an organizational failure.

Speaking of non-organizational failure: TR gives you the option of picking up your member package or having it shipped to you (at an additional cost). Seems like they get it - if you want to go to an event and pick it up at a table, you do that. If it is time saving enough to get it shipped to you, pay a little extra and do that.

This is strange to me because they have handed out stuff inside YS before in the great hall (villa 400 pin, season ticket merch/f&b cards, the pennants…). So strange as to why they have to do it at Billy’s. The great hall is this huge unused space so not sure why they don’t do it there.

I mentioned my discount at Mighty Quinn’s and the guy took my word for it and keyed it in.
There's a feature in the app meant to cover this, which is undocumented. Because of course it is. Why have a useful informational email or set of instructions when members can find things out randomly. It's more fun this way, like a game. With no winners.

So, from the app, select "Manage Tickets," and from there "Access My Tickets." See, fun already.
Then scroll.....

all

the

way

down.

Below every game and below the "Member City Blue Card" tile and you will find a "2023 Member Stadium Discount" tile. Click on that and you get a digital membership card. And unlike actual tickets you cannot put this in your phone wallet so you get to have the fun of scrolling.
All.
The.
Way.
Down.
at every game and every time you buy food or clothing at a game.

You also get to hope the stadium employee who assists with your transaction was properly informed of the digital membership cards and accepts it.

How did I learn this fun and secret feature you might ask. I did not discover it myself, was not informed by another fan, and no team rep told me about it. I found out because while I was waiting for one rep last night to find my non-existent physical card before she realized I might be a newly returned member and therefore no card exists, I saw a different rep point out and explain the digital card to another member next to me. Presumably that member also waited on line for 40+ minutes only to not receive a card. But the rep who helped me didn't tell me about it, and did not notice me watching what happened next to me while she fruitlessly searched for my card. So it really is meant to be random chance whether you find out. Maybe I should have spoiler-tagged this.

Last edited:
fruitlessly searched for my card
I (thankfully) did the Dave & Buster's thing. Walked in, picked up stuff, walked out. Crappy string bag, crappy scarves, three nice pins, Dude Wipes, and Ford/Seqway/something else discount cards. They might as well just mail us our membership card and skip all the rest at this point.

But just to make it more fun, the cards were in alphabetical order. By first name. So I was handed some other Seth's card. Was truly bizarre.

Better than Billy's though as at least I didn't have to wear earplugs LOL

Damn I’m so glad that I neither went to D&Bs or that shitshow last night to get my package. I’d literally pay the $4 that it costs to drop that drawstring bag in a poly bag and ship it to me to avoid that cluster. What an organizational failure.

Speaking of non-organizational failure: TR gives you the option of picking up your member package or having it shipped to you (at an additional cost). Seems like they get it - if you want to go to an event and pick it up at a table, you do that. If it is time saving enough to get it shipped to you, pay a little extra and do that.
But TR was only there from 4-6, which is well before the game started, and I'm not getting there an hour and a half+ before a game. Granted, I should have emailed them and asked for a meetup in the stadium if it exists, but in the past they've told me i can't pick it up inside the stadium so idk.

Has anyone used the virtual Blue Cards this year? I was hoping I could transfer the voucher to someone else and let them pick the game and exchange it for a ticket. But it looks like the recipients have to tell me what game they want, then I exchange for tickets, and then transfer the tickets to the recipient. Can anyone confirm?

Has anyone used the virtual Blue Cards this year? I was hoping I could transfer the voucher to someone else and let them pick the game and exchange it for a ticket. But it looks like the recipients have to tell me what game they want, then I exchange for tickets, and then transfer the tickets to the recipient. Can anyone confirm?
I used the blue card voucher and yes, I picked the match first. I don’t think you can just send the voucher. But someone else may know of another way.

Reactions: mgarbowski