2017 Roster Discussion

Still, maybe because I was hoping a more of a DM or CB since I feel we need more of that

Agreed. All the attacking players being signed and no DM to speak of. I'm really curious what PV is thinking here. I want to believe there's a plan here. But it's looking more and more like a crazy gambit.

Meh, whatever happens it'll sure be fun to watch.

Reactions: Kjbert
Agreed. All the attacking players being signed and no DM to speak of. I'm really curious what PV is thinking here. I want to believe there's a plan here. But it's looking more and more like a crazy gambit.

Meh, whatever happens it'll sure be fun to watch.
Except when the games matter and they man mark Pirlo out and we can't do anything but struggle to get the ball out our half and boot it long.

To what's that you say? Our new 5'3" CF! Sign me up! I love watching interesting tactical battles revolving largely around whether or not we can get a lucky bounce.

His contract also has 2 years left so I think it would be hard for him not to be a DP at least in year 1.

Reactions: Kjbert
Except when the games matter and they man mark Pirlo out and we can't do anything but struggle to get the ball out our half and boot it long.

To what's that you say? Our new 5'3" CF! Sign me up! I love watching interesting tactical battles revolving largely around whether or not we can get a lucky bounce.

I watch NASCAR and the Knicks for when things go up in flames. I want the MLS cup, but if not a cataclysmic failure will surely keep my attention.

Hey, some people are saying he's gonna be our Giovinco. That'll solve our mark Villa out of the game problem.

I tend to think he'll play wing and Shelton will go back to purgatory. I am excited.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Hey, some people are saying he's gonna be our Giovinco. That'll solve our mark Villa out of the game problem.

I remember him well when he was in Serie A. He literally was considered Giovinco lite. Quick, agile player. Would easily be the most skilled attacker on this team besides Villa. I wouldn't consider him a DP and he isn't a glaring need...BUT, we have nobody else that can be elusive, can penetrate and handle a 1v1 consistently.

I don't love it if true, but I really like it.

Don't sleep on him though, dude is talented.

Last edited: