2017 Roster Discussion

How do we have enough salary cap space with all these TAM/GAM signings (and the Superdraft trades) especially if Mix stays on the books?

I don't get you guys. When we were watching the Emelec match you were saying that the team forgot that they needed a second goal scorer. Now we're signing one and you're upset?

In terms of DMs we have
Ring
Chanot
and we could still sign
Wingate
Sands
Badji
Herrera

It's not like this suddenly means they've forgotten about the DM.

Edit: On a lighter note look at this picture of him. He's so tiny.
3b15005ae568160cfba1e7fd07908725_83651_immagine_ts673_400.jpg
Fan favorite already.

Last edited:
Still banking on Khedira midseason as a TAM signing then bumped up to a DP next year when Pirlo retires.

A tweet above said this could be a one year loan so it may all work out.

Still, Patrick Vieira is going for the we'll score more goals than you approach. Though we'll need to be able to win the ball in the midfield for this to happen.

Over/under on how many headers he scores?

I think Ring at CDM will lead too many pirlo "defending" goals like we saw vs emelec. Comparisons to giovinco, while probably not accurate are exciting though.

Every time I watch DC I think about how great it would be to have a mini magician like Acosta. We certainly still need to solve the CDM dilemma (with who we have or elsewhere). But we also brutally need a real threat beyond DV. I like Maxi. (Usual qualifier about reserving rights to reassess based upon economics).

Every time I watch DC I think about how great it would be to have a mini magician like Acosta. We certainly still need to solve the CDM dilemma (with who we have or elsewhere). But we also brutally need a real threat beyond DV. I like Maxi. (Usual qualifier about reserving rights to reassess based upon economics).
While watching his highlights Acosta came to mind for me as well. If this is true we finally have some help for Villa. From Jack, early signs of Lewis, and now Mini Max... those are some very good attacking threats going forward. Not to mention Okoli as well.

While watching his highlights Acosta came to mind for me as well. If this is true we finally have some help for Villa. From Jack, early signs of Lewis, and now Mini Max... those are some very good attacking threats going forward. Not to mention Okoli as well.
He is a lot like Acosta from what I recall. Probably the same size too! I feel better about this deal because I have actually seen him play (albeit not a ton). This would boost our team (subject to the usual caveats).

I will admit to being overly harsh on the move initially. It is definitely critical that we have someone else who is both creative and capable of actually carrying the ball forward and serving as our 10 in attack, whether it's from a central or wide role. Shelton, Villa, Harrison, TMac doesn't work.

It will be interesting to see what we do with him. I still think we've got to play two physical mids (of which TMac isn't one) with Pirlo. So my bet would be he's penciled in to get Shelton out of the line-up, and I think that's huge. So long as we solve the other midfielder problem.

From the current options, Sands may not only make the team. He's a starter.

I don't get you guys. When we were watching the Emelec match you were saying that the team forgot that they needed a second goal scorer. Now we're signing one and you're upset?

In terms of DMs we have
Ring
Chanot
and we could still sign
Wingate
Sands
Badji
Herrera

It's not like this suddenly means they've forgotten about the DM.

Edit: On a lighter note look at this picture of him. He's so tiny.
View attachment 6503
Fan favorite already.

I wonder if they'll sew the extra arm patch and NYC flag jock tag onto the kids jersey he's going to have to wear.

This guy is really good and absolutely worthy of a DP spot. Why the hate?
So we should all piss ourselves when we sign DPs from ligaMX benches now? That's what we've come to?

I like it, if he's not a DP.

Also, don't underestimate how cranky others and myself will be about most every signing until the two major issues with our team are addressed. I have a hard time ignoring the disaster going on with our lack of signing a high-level mid and not resolving that other thing.

I will admit to being overly harsh on the move initially. It is definitely critical that we have someone else who is both creative and capable of actually carrying the ball forward and serving as our 10 in attack, whether it's from a central or wide role. Shelton, Villa, Harrison, TMac doesn't work.

It will be interesting to see what we do with him. I still think we've got to play two physical mids (of which TMac isn't one) with Pirlo. So my bet would be he's penciled in to get Shelton out of the line-up, and I think that's huge. So long as we solve the other midfielder problem.

From the current options, Sands may not only make the team. He's a starter.
Since they've used TAM to sign Ring they obviously see him as a starter. I am eager to see him play. Hopefully he's the physical holding midfielder to compliment/protect Pirlo. Shelton is nothing more then a speedy sub. He just has no technical ability at this point.

So we should all piss ourselves when we sign DPs from ligaMX benches now? That's what we've come to?

I like it, if he's not a DP.

Also, don't underestimate how cranky others and myself will be about most every signing until the two major issues with our team are addressed. I have a hard time ignoring the disaster going on with our lack of signing a high-level mid and not resolving that other thing.

I love how you avoid saying his name. Like it becomes a curse of sorts or the forum is bugged. And I think that's the most important part. No matter what we do roster wise, it's with 1 arm tied behind our backs till they take care of that thing we all worry about. And we therefore judge everything harsher accordingly.

So you're gonna discredit his 100+ starts in Serie A?

Also, he's coming back from injury. That'd be my only concern with him. Injuries seem to be a frequent problem.
Pirlo was one of the best players in the Serie A, probably top 3 even, and didn't set the league on fire. This "no name" isn't certainly isn't going to.

Like others have said, he will be decent for us, as long as he isn't a DP, because we need better than that.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich