2017 Roster Discussion

You have no idea. No one has any clue. Everyone's assuming.
We're critiquing his skill as if we watch him play every week and actually know what we're talking about.
Also lets keep in consideration that we apparently signed like 4 other players this offseason because some Spanish media said so and idk of any that actually happened yet.
It's transfer season where we splash TAM, GAM and SPAM.

We're critiquing his skill as if we watch him play every week and actually know what we're talking about.
Also lets keep in consideration that we apparently signed like 4 other players this offseason because some Spanish media said so and idk of any that actually happened yet.
Dan going all Araos on the new guy. shit really does roll down hill

I get that. But on the other hand, you can usually tell the quality of a player from what they've done on their past teams.

Occasionally, you'll have a player like BWP who has done nothing in their career come here and play amazing. I hope he can do that. But that's too much to risk for a DP spot, IMO.

Reactions: Kjbert
I get that. But on the other hand, you can usually tell the quality of a player from what they've done on their past teams.

Occasionally, you'll have a player like BWP who has done nothing in their career come here and play amazing. I hope he can do that. But that's too much to risk for a DP spot, IMO.
I meant no offense to you. Could of quote replied anyone's post and it was a general response to the last 2/3 pages of discussion.
I feel the only DP to play to the tag for us has been Villa.
Haven't seen anything of this guy to judge him on. He's an attacking mid and if he's got any of the flair he's said to have then we can use him. We need something to open up our midfield.
Not YouTube highlight guy but he looks really good.

I meant no offense to you. Could of quote replied anyone's post and it was a general response to the last 2/3 pages of discussion.
I feel the only DP to play to the tag for us has been Villa.
Haven't seen anything of this guy to judge him on. He's an attacking mid and if he's got any of the flair he's said to have then we can use him. We need something to open up our midfield.
Not YouTube highlight guy but he looks really good.
No offense taken!

I'm not saying he's a bad player. And like you said, I haven't seen enough of him to judge. But, the fact that he's wasn't a consistent starter for a decent to terrible Serie A team, is now playing for a Mexican team in the bottom three, and has made one appearance ever for his National team leads me to believe we should be looking a bit higher for our DP players.

I would love to be wrong, but that's just how I feel.

If they sign him prob means mix is gone and they are gonna use his 750 k salary plus some tam to cover his salary and then swing for a dp mid season .

Like I said earlier...I have seen him play a lot with Atalanta. He's a quick, agile, elusive player. He will find ways to get himself or the ball in the box. He was compared to Gio. He wasn't a scrub, he was a legit starter.

He plays more direct than Gio and is less physical as Acosta.

If we got him in 2015 from Italy, definite DP. I have not followed or watched him at Leon last year, but can't see that that much has changed, except any injuries.

For those of you concerned about him being a DP, I hear you, but the truth is...skill wise, he is much better than any and every attacking option we have beside Villa.

Villa needs help. He has a bunch of 'almost there' players around him. He needs a REAL playmaker around him. Like I said, Max has a knack of weaving the play into the box.

Max will wreck havoc on weak MLS defenders trying to mark him. It will open up so much for our attack. He alone will help create another double digit goal scorer from this roster.

And as someone else mentioned a few pages back, you make a move like this, then bring in Khedira this summer, he takes Pirlo DP spot next year and we get back Max's DP spot next year if it's a one year? Sign me up.

Like I said earlier...I have seen him play a lot with Atalanta. He's a quick, agile, elusive player. He will find ways to get himself or the ball in the box. He was compared to Gio. He wasn't a scrub, he was a legit starter.

He plays more direct than Gio and is less physical as Acosta.

If we got him in 2015 from Italy, definite DP. I have not followed or watched him at Leon last year, but can't see that that much has changed, except any injuries.

For those of you concerned about him being a DP, I hear you, but the truth is...skill wise, he is much better than any and every attacking option we have beside Villa.

Villa needs help. He has a bunch of 'almost there' players around him. He needs a REAL playmaker around him. Like I said, Max has a knack of weaving the play into the box.

Max will wreck havoc on weak MLS defenders trying to mark him. It will open up so much for our attack. He alone will help create another double digit goal scorer from this roster.

And as someone else mentioned a few pages back, you make a move like this, then bring in Khedira this summer, he takes Pirlo DP spot next year and we get back Max's DP spot next year if it's a one year? Sign me up.

I trust the guy who actually watched him. I like it. Going for a dp who can help us win games will be here longer than an older dp and isn't a household name.

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
Seems like a player with his skillset should have more goals in his career, no?

He is not considered a gold scorer or finisher, more of a creator. His career assist to goal ratio is 1:1. It's not so much the numbers with him as it's the flow. He is a good CF. He knows how to play off the ball too, where our inexperienced players lack that trait.

Last edited:
Dude I was just asking. Nothing to do with the money just seeing other people sense the same type of commitment. Chill

You're right, Sorry. But yeah I feel they are committed. There are just financial restraints in our league where they can't buy 11 Messi's or even 3 for that matter. The first signing they gave us was top class villa. They replaced kreis with a coach of their youth ranks a very promising viera. I believe they are much more committed to us as an organization than Red Bull to New Jersey .