2017 Roster Discussion

giphy.gif
:( Lmao

Reactions: Kjbert and joe
Still can't believe we took Khiry instead of Roldan. F'in Kreis.
Would be pretty nice to have Roldan around to slot into the MF. Keep in mind Kreis also prioritized allocation instead of Superdraft, so NYCFC has Mix instead of Larin.

F'in Kreis indeed.
Kreis took Matt Dunn over taking a home grown Marco Delgado... #NEVERFORGETHOWSTUPIDKREISIS

Last edited:
Serious question for all of you.... do you honestly believe cfg are as committed to nycfc as they are to man city to win?
Even asking that question is borderline trolling. We spent the second most on salary last season. Do you see Melbourne having cash splashed on them? We're in a salary league just as they are. You operate within the constraints of the league. You depend on your staff to work the system and make the best moves. Our inaugural season was a dud and we will be rebuilding from that for another year at least.
Even ManCity is being operated to make a profit. That's the ultimate goal. Win and be profitable. That's going to be their goal with all of their clubs. They've outlined a spending goal, employed people they believe will be able to work within that and bring in players that will help us win. Win and make profit. Profit is probably pretty far down the line for us with the massive buy-in fee and a small fan base. We don't earn hundreds of millions from merchandise.
Again, we're spending more than just about every club. Our staff needs to ensure that $$ is being spent on the right players. CFG isn't the issue here.

They signed Shea before we signed Mix is the logic.
Yes, but we since we had priority they had to ask our permission. For all we know they first asked us about Mix and we said no, and only then did they go after Shea, with our blessing. I have no evidence that happened either. But we never know these things, so to assume it happened a certain way makes no sense. We don't know.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
It was mentioned a bit, but It's pretty delicious to think about what Villa could do with a creative, assertive and able attacking CAM. I hate to shit on Mac again, but he missed too many opportunities to play Villa through on Thursday. And if that's one of Maxi's strengths, playing to a crafty guy like Villa could be really terrific -- assuming he can stay onside. We got caught a bunch of times in the last few seasons with the ball 20-22 yards out with Villa being the only truly creative passer. Pirlo had his moments, but rarely inside of 20 yards. Adding Maxi seems like he'll be able to open up for the clusterfuck that at times was a curse of ours inside the 18.

It was mentioned a bit, but It's pretty delicious to think about what Villa could do with a creative, assertive and able attacking CAM. I hate to shit on Mac again, but he missed too many opportunities to play Villa through on Thursday. And if that's one of Maxi's strengths, playing to a crafty guy like Villa could be really terrific -- assuming he can stay onside. We got caught a bunch of times in the last few seasons with the ball 20-22 yards out with Villa being the only truly creative passer. Pirlo had his moments, but rarely inside of 20 yards. Adding Maxi seems like he'll be able to open up for the clusterfuck that at times was a curse of ours inside the 18.
Totally agree. TMac pulling the strings in the midfield is frightening.

It could still happen. Khedira takes a TAM contract for half a season then gets bumped up to DP when Pirlo's contract ends after this season. #Khedira3DP
No reason that wouldn't work if his future salary is prorated to include what he's missing this year on TAM. And actually that could be a frightening midfield with Maxi, Khedira, and Ring. Three guys that seem to have V12 engines with a little nitro fumed in.

man so many are pissy that its not khedira...It does not really bother me if this guy is DP.....my only thing is we needed a DM/CB more than another attacker.

Though one must ask where does Camargo play?

Wouldn't mind if he's a DP, but it'll depend on his salary. Would be a good financial move if his salary can be bought down with TAM. Also, i saw that it may be a loan deal at we'll, which would make the deal even better IMO.

DPs don't always pan out, so a one year loan with an option to buy sounds like a smart move to me. Similar to what DC did with Acosta.

Our team is going to be fun to watch this season.

Reactions: JayH
If we had nothing else and it's only a one year commitment. Well then it's better then doing nothing at all with that DP spot. Especially if we can do a TAM to DP come the Summer transfer window.

Reactions: Kjbert