2017 Roster Discussion

Serious question for all of you.... do you honestly believe cfg are as committed to nycfc as they are to man city to win?
Yes, we're not the redbulls. They give the club resources. The salary cap and stupid MLS rules hold us back. They keep bringing in players they believe will help this club. Some pan out some don't. Even with the failed CB's they've brought it they had talent. Mena was very skilled just made mistakes. The organization let Kreis run the club and litter shit all over the roster. We've been dealing with his horrific decision making since. Reyna has more say now and I think he's doing a solid job. We needed young American prospects and without an academy they splashed Garber money and got some in the draft.

We already have Max Chanot this one is Mini Max

giphy.gif

You're right, Sorry. But yeah I feel they are committed. There are just financial restraints in our league where they can't buy 11 Messi's or even 3 for that matter. The first signing they gave us was top class villa. They replaced kreis with a coach of their youth ranks a very promising viera. I believe they are much more committed to us as an organization than Red Bull to New Jersey .

I bet they love the Salary Cap and would not have bought a franchise here without one. I do believe they are willing to spend more than the Krafts and Hunts, but nothing they have done makes me believe they will spend like the Blank Family.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
So apparently I'm a friend of a friend of Kwame Awuah and, apparently, Kwame thinks he is only staying with NYC for preseason. Maybe he is going to San Antonio on loan? This was a week and a couple days ago, so maybe he is more confident in staying with the first team now, but that's what I've heard.

I wouldn't disagree with this claim. Did Vieira use Wilmington has a place to loan players last year? I don't really think so.

That being said, I think NYCFC sporting staff is highly rating San Antonio FC. Anyone on the roster can get time on the training pitch, but they need minutes on the field. Awauh looks to be the 3rd guy behind Ring and Sands and whoever else comes in for us.

Awuah is a first round pick, but he's not an immediate starter and especially with a team like us that stacks talent, he's likely not going to see the field. Put him in a place where he has the ability to succeed and grow.

I wouldn't disagree with this claim. Did Vieira use Wilmington has a place to loan players last year? I don't really think so.

That being said, I think NYCFC sporting staff is highly rating San Antonio FC. Anyone on the roster can get time on the training pitch, but they need minutes on the field. Awauh looks to be the 3rd guy behind Ring and Sands and whoever else comes in for us.

Awuah is a first round pick, but he's not an immediate starter and especially with a team like us that stacks talent, he's likely not going to see the field. Put him in a place where he has the ability to succeed and grow.

Idk man, I feel like Awuah has Kwame here to stay .

Reactions: Kjbert and joe
Awuah playing the year in San Antonio is not a bad thing. He needs to play as a pro and develop.

If I'm not mistaken Roldan (who everyone is drooling over now at Seattle) didn't see first team soccer and spent his first year on loan. Outside of top 5 picks, every player drafted is a development project. Get the kid some games and go from there.

Awuah playing the year in San Antonio is not a bad thing. He needs to play as a pro and develop.

If I'm not mistaken Roldan (who everyone is drooling over now at Seattle) didn't see first team soccer and spent his first year on loan. Outside of top 5 picks, every player drafted is a development project. Get the kid some games and go from there.
Still can't believe we took Khiry instead of Roldan. F'in Kreis.

Would be pretty nice to have Roldan around to slot into the MF. Keep in mind Kreis also prioritized allocation instead of Superdraft, so NYCFC has Mix instead of Larin.

F'in Kreis indeed.

Actually Orlando wanted Brek Shea and not Mix (though Mix probably wouldn't sign with Orlando), so we could have had Larin and Mix.