2017 Roster Discussion

Idk.... we are talking about spending 3.5m fee on our dp and they are about to make another 70m+ transfer fee... makes me jealous
Can't be jealous... the EPL has a massive TV deal that fuels the teams' transfers. MLS has a middling TV deal and the owners fork the transfer fee out of their pockets. Would you rather spend other people's money or your own?

You're right man I'm clueless I have no common knowledge of any rules or teams... hell what does mls stand for?? >.>
So how can Man City throwing out a 100 mill bid feel like a punch in the stomach?
In MLS even $3-$5 mill is considered high. We're a salary cap league. Transfer fees are included in salary if you don't have enough allocation $$ to buy it down. Obviously a bit different with DP if I recall. Still, I think record transfer fee in MLS is $8.5 this year by Atlanta for Almiron.

Maybe some numbers will help(Sources linked below):
NYCFC 2016 Value - $255M, Revenue - $36M
MCFC 2016 Value - $1,921M, Revenue - $558M

Any comparison of MCFC spending to NYCFC spending is going to result in continual disappointment.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesp...leases-2016-mls-team-valuations/#76532f77ad17
http://www.forbes.com/teams/manchester-city/

Well based on those number NYCFC has a 7x Value/Revenue multiple while Man City is only at 3.5x. So we're actually the more expensive team.

Also, say we sign someone off a record 50M+ transfer fee and make him the highest paid player in MLS, more than some teams are maybe worth. He's probably not going to be as good here than on Man City because of the players around him. De Bruyne is only as good as the players receiving his crosses and passes. Pirlo is only as good as the players next to him defending.

Reactions: thesauerchise
So how can Man City throwing out a 100 mill bid feel like a punch in the stomach?
In MLS even $3-$5 mill is considered high. We're a salary cap league. Transfer fees are included in salary if you don't have enough allocation $$ to buy it down. Obviously a bit different with DP if I recall. Still, I think record transfer fee in MLS is $8.5 this year by Atlanta for Almiron.
In 2014 Toronto fc paid a 10m fee for Bradley and a 10m fee for jermain defoe 20m in fees on 2 players and this was before the new tv contracts

Reactions: Kjbert
Why do people think this is a DP acquisition? If he's working with his current club to cancel his contract or negotiate loan terms, it would seem to me that it's not intended to be a DP contract.

If I missed some news, I apologize. But I saw no mention of fees in what I read yesterday.

Why do people think this is a DP acquisition? If he's working with his current club to cancel his contract or negotiate loan terms, it would seem to me that it's not intended to be a DP contract.

If I missed some news, I apologize. But I saw no mention of fees in what I read yesterday.

This could be true especially if we get rid of mixes contract

In 2014 Toronto fc paid a 10m fee for Bradley and a 10m fee for jermain defoe 20m in fees on 2 players and this was before the new tv contracts

I get what ur trying to say but it took Toronto many years to splash that kind of cash. Give the them some time bro .

Reactions: Kjbert

Do you have a twitter? I'll tag you in the post that says they're paying a fee

A little murky. If we arent paying a transfer fee, he would have be making over a million, but the rojas post makes it seem like leon is trying something from us.

Ok? Man city has outspent everyone and is in 3rd/4th place
5th as I type this. Not sure how relevant that is though as the 2nd through 6th teams are separated by 2 points. And if City wins tomorrow they're in 2nd. Going to be tough for anyone to catch Chelsea but it's definitely possible if they somehow lose a couple.

As to spending, Man City is at £225m which is a lot, but it's only £7m more than Chelsea so roughly equivalent. To keep this on topic compare that to our last year's spend of $21m ($3.5m if you don't count the DPs).

Note that £225m is about $280m.

Sources:
http://www.totalsportek.com/money/english-premier-league-wage-bills-club-by-club/
http://www.spotrac.com/mls/new-york-city-fc/

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

Our combined salaries last year were 21m and our revenues were 36m. I really shouldn't have to do the math here to show we operated at a loss last year (factoring all expenses). I guarantee that $15m isn't no where near enough to cover all the other expenses we had.
The majority of people here understand that we are a new franchise and we can't snap our fingers and splash cash for shits and giggles.
I'm fine with how the club is being run. Not as ok with some signings we've made but I'm fine with the amount of money we've spent to get players here. Being realistic and thinking in MLS terms we are ahead of the game as far as that's concerned.

Bottom line, stop being such a negative nancy and leave Man City out of our discussions.