2017 Roster Discussion

I swear if our 3rd dp is a loanee with barely any first team experience we will be officially a farm club. I'm sorry but it's true we don't invest in any young players we plan to keep for the long haul only sign cheap players and old dps. Sad truth
Okay you're officially a troll. Want Sami but claim we invest in old dps and just bitched about it. Youngest team this year that we've had. Have a 16 year old academy product traveling with team. Bringing in Yangel Herrera.. 19 years old. Haven't loaned anyone out to ManCity and haven't got a loan since 2 academy players in first year. Yet a farm club?
Not surprised you access via proxy. Likely banned once already.

Last edited:
Okay you're officially a troll. Want Sami but claim we invest in old dos and just bitched about it. Youngest team this year that we've had. Have a 16 year old academy product traveling with team. Bringing in Yangel Herrera.. 19 years old. Haven't loaned anyone out to ManCity and haven't got a loan since 2 academy players in first year. Yet a farm club?
Proxy server? And by a person that can't remember their original handle/login credentials? Show of hands everyone?

Okay you're officially a troll. Want Sami but claim we invest in old dos and just bitched about it. Youngest team this year that we've had. Have a 16 year old academy product traveling with team. Bringing in Yangel Herrera.. 19 years old. Haven't loaned anyone out to ManCity and haven't got a loan since 2 academy players in first year. Yet a farm club?

giphy.gif

I also agree with not being OK with Herrera as a DP Loanee if that's truly the case. F that.

Unless it's a 1/2 season loan and we have plans in place for a real DP in June. Then I would consider it

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I also agree with not being OK with Herrera as a DP Loanee if that's truly the case. F that.

Unless it's a 1/2 season loan and we have plans in place for a real DP in June. Then I would consider it
Does anyone really know tho? Yesterday Maxi was a DP too. Can't have 2 dp's coming in. It's all speculation.

I wouldn't base much on this random dude who by his own admission doesn't have the real list.

You're right. I just feel like it has to be true. Either that or we had an absurd about of GAM last year. By my calculations we spent $384k of our TAM on Brilliant and Mena last season. (from $800k total). And were $810k over the cap. So we either spent $440 in GAM, or some additional TAM on Mix.

Reactions: Kjbert
You're right. I just feel like it has to be true. Either that or we had an absurd about of GAM last year. By my calculations we spent $384k of our TAM on Brilliant and Mena last season. (from $800k total). And were $810k over the cap. So we either spent $440 in GAM, or some additional TAM on Mix.

Poku = shitloads of GAM. We're really lucky that deal went through, it basically saved this season and the latter half of the last one.

TAM hadn't been announced when Mix was signed.

For all we know, it was a part of every roster/cap but was one of the mysterious method(s) that was rumored to exist but never disclosed.
We have always been at war with Eurasia TAM has always been a cap mechanism.

(Some day I'll remember text codes on this forum)

Just for clarification, that Vieira quote is not new/in the context of current info w/r/t Arizona pre-season. In fact, Araos already used the quote in an article a few weeks ago:
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/vieir...rs-searching-for-playing-opportunities-57358/
I queried him on twitter and the response I got was basically it was just for context. When I pressed further--pointing out that the earlier article dates the quote 1/26 and today's article dates the quote from sometime last week, which I think is sloppy and misleading--it was "Ok. Enjoy the rest of your day."

TAM hadn't been announced when Mix was signed.

For all we know, it was a part of every roster/cap but was one of the mysterious method(s) that was rumored to exist but never disclosed.

I remember thinking at the time it was possible that the league knew TAM was coming and there was an understanding that our contract with Mix could utilize TAM once it was available.

Many people have an irrational willingness to share confidential information because it makes them feel smart, or clued-in, or important. And yes it can be self destructive, but people still do it. As far as I can tell it's how most reporting gets done, outside of the part that is retyping press releases.
You're not wrong. It's dumb as all hell, and happens every now and then. I'm not saying I'll ever give up, and I know it's not your point but I just want people to know that people better connected than me have tried to find out what happened.

Maybe we'll know when Mix drops his poetry book.

I've always thought that there may be a chance that we got an LA Galaxy sweet deal to accommodate Mix's contract. Certainly not public. May also speak to why they don't want to cut him. It doesn't impact their cap at all. Why pay him $1.5 Million to walk away when it doesn't help you in any way?