2017 Roster Discussion

If Mix starts at CDM this weekend, then we got something cooking. ;)

giphy.gif

NYCFC Depth Chart

Depth Chart
Forward/Winger: Villa, Shelton, Okoli
Winger/Attacking Mid: Moralez, Harrison, McNamara, Camargo, Lewis
Central Mid: Pirlo, Ring, Herrera, Lopez, Stertzer, Mix
Left Back: Matarrita, Wallace*
Center Back: Chanot, Brillant, Callens, White
Right Back: Allen, Gomez
Goalkeeper: Johnson, Johansen, Rawls

Unsigned Draft Picks: K. Awuah (D), J. Brown (M), C. Wingate (M)
Trialists: J. Sands (D), B. Sweat (D)

* - can also play LW
======

We have 25 players, including Mix, but excluding the unsigned draft picks and trialists.

EDIT: The positions for the unsigned players are from the team's press release for the Arizona roster.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
I started furiously searching for news, knowing it was in vain. What I did come across, however, was a bit of auto translate gold in a Spanish article from 2/15.

https://mlsfutbol.com/el-futuro-es-incierto-para-mix-diskerud-11092

Mix Diskerud is ready to return to New York City FC, but only for the preseason, since he is not the favorite of technicians. The player had problems the last course and was separated from the main team. Then the player traveled to Norway, many claim that to visit his girlfriend, others that the trip had intentions to find play in one of the teams in which he already had the opportunity to act in that country.Apparently, things in the Scandinavian country did not go as expected the wheel because their economic pretensions are superior to those that can offer the Norwegians.

According to Enpire of Soccer, the Celestial team allowed him to be in the Diamond Cup during the preseason, but will not be part of the plans of the French coach for 2017.

Diskerud also had opportunities in the MLS, but they committed the allocation money and for that reason an agreement was not reached. Another reason is that you do not want to leave the city because there are several apartments and they have become your personal business.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ultimate troll job if he starts, plays well, and the other team surprisingly says, "thanks but no thanks, I just wanted to get your hopes up."

[ducks as beer bottles are thrown]

Edit: as much as I throughly despise RB, if they trolled us in the manner I wrote above, I'd give them massive props because that would take the trolling from social media to actual FO and we'd deserve it for being gullible.

Last edited:
Confirmed that he will leave with Houston at the final whistle if he plays well. ;) [< Not True]
Slightly different, but I remember going to a Rangers game back in '93 against the Oilers, and my dad and I were dumbfounded when we were watching the pre-skate and saw Doug Weight and Esa Tikkanen each dressed and skating for the opposite team. They had been traded just before the game, and they both actually played.

Last edited:
For Maxi you forgot, a guy of his size is going to struggle with the physicality of the MLS.

Well said. There is still this view in most circles that big = good. Every team needs to sign "a big hulking centerback" to compete. When you look up "MLS Centerback" in the dictionary there is a picture of Aurelien Collin.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well said. There is still this view in most circles that big = good. Every team needs to sign "a big hulking centerback" to compete. When you look up "MLS Centerback" in the dictionary there is a picture of Aurelien Collin.

I think that's fair. MLS systems are usually hunker down with sloppy, overly aggressive defense. Get hulking centerbacks to clean up the mess and hope to hit on the counter attack. It's like the English Championship.

Certain teams, ours being one of them, are trying to develop a more distinctive, beautiful style of play.

Confirmed that he will leave with Houston at the final whistle if he plays well.
Slightly different, but I remember going to a Rangers game back in '93 against the Oilers, and my dad and I were dumbfounded when we were watching the pre-skate and saw Doug Weight and Esa Tikkanen each dressed and skating for the opposite team. They had been traded just before the game, and they both actually played.

WHAT HOW IS THERE NEWS ABOUT MIX? I'M CONFUSED.

This is amazing. I hope we don't have to eat too much of his salary.

Reactions: Kjbert
Confirmed that he will leave with Houston at the final whistle if he plays well.

Apologies, Jay, I don't automatically associate you with insider knowledge (I don't always pay attention to the authors of posts around here). Can you confirm that this isn't a joke and Houston is actually the rumored destination?

Or even better, like with Weight and Tikkanen, Mix is traded just before the game to Houston. He swaps his number 404 (< all Chris P.) for a Houston kit. Even though he's playing CDM, apparently his preferred position, he incredibly scores a hat trick against his just newly former squad. After the game he tweets ambiguous prose. It turns out the prose actually cross-references the lyrics to Katy Perry's Roar, with lyrics so apropos. One of his twitter followers, a huge Katy Perry fan, curiously asks Mix to explain the reference. Mix's only response, "ask my old friend LionNYC LionNYC".

Apologies, Jay, I don't automatically associate you with insider knowledge (I don't always pay attention to the authors of posts around here). Can you confirm that this isn't a joke and Houston is actually the rumored destination?
Sorry, I was just having fun with the teaser chatter. Edited to add a smiley face and warning.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

Knowing Jay it probably was a joke. Sounded like to it to me.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH